Kind of... easy?

@ChaosieChaos said in Kind of... easy?:

People who say they game is easy haven't played content intended to be difficult, or been forced to do Luther with people who think dpsing the closed clock is the way you make the clock open and you take 28 minutes to kill him.

And when exactly is that? I've played Hard and it's still too easy imho. Can pretty much kill most things in 1 - 2 hits and if I have AoE attacks I kill groups in seconds, it's not "Hard" at all.. So if it's intended then how come it's not?

@TaishiFox said in Kind of... easy?:

People who say they game is easy haven't played content intended to be difficult, or been forced to do Luther with people who think dpsing the closed clock is the way you make the clock open and you take 28 minutes to kill him.

And when exactly is that? I've played Hard and it's still too easy imho. Can pretty much kill most things in 1 - 2 hits and if I have AoE attacks I kill groups in seconds, it's not "Hard" at all.. So if it's intended then how come it's not?

Lmao anything not Super Hard AQ +50, XH, or Ultimate Quests aren't really a challenge. The game got streamlined over the years to help people reach max level faster and actually do the endgame content to get the better gear. Even AQ +50 SH is a cakewalk with a group. Just get to 75 and run an Ultimate Quest or XH UQ and enjoy. Extreme Quest Heaven n Hell can only be done solo and that will be some fun.

@PhantasyStar369 said in Kind of... easy?:

@TaishiFox said in Kind of... easy?:

Lmao anything not Super Hard AQ +50, XH, or Ultimate Quests aren't really a challenge. The game got streamlined over the years to help people reach max level faster and actually do the endgame content to get the better gear. Even AQ +50 SH is a cakewalk with a group. Just get to 75 and run an Ultimate Quest or XH UQ and enjoy. Extreme Quest Heaven n Hell can only be done solo and that will be some fun.

Well then to me it's pretty obvious the game isn't running as intended as you shouldn't need to get to that stage before things start proving to be as hard as it should be.

@TaishiFox So should they just let you buy a max lvl character like wow? Destiny? Ect?

@DistortedAura1 No, they should make it as intended which seems to be the favoured argument here. "It was made as intended" no, it's not. Define "Hard" mode then compare! It is not made as intended, that or they need to learn a better understanding of the word they use.

It's just how they wanted to do it. There game their difficulties. Look at doom, A lot of the stuff doesn't seem to change as much from super easy to easy, but the difference is from normal to Ultimate atm. They will get a lot harder.

@ERICK001BC said in Kind of... easy?:

It's just how they wanted to do it. There game their difficulties. Look at doom, A lot of the stuff doesn't seem to change as much from super easy to easy, but the difference is from normal to Ultimate atm. They will get a lot harder.

Don't play devil's advocate, 2 wrongs don't make a right just because they say so.

You seem to forget that when these terms were created for this game, it was a very different game.

Back when PSO2 originally launched, character skills were much less powerful, gear was less powerful and much less available, characters moved at a much slower speed and the available PA were less effective and much lower leveled.

The level cap as, if i recall correctly, lv20 (or was it lv30?) and with no rare or decent units available, even a swing of a rappy could easily take 70% of a squishy class´s hp, if not kill them outright depending on the conditions.

Bosses such as the city-based Dark Ragne encounter were also quite annoying, as the boss could climb the walls and just stick to the roof, away from range and just using ranged attacks for what, rng depending, could even be 10 minutes.

There also wasn´t any sort of double jump and we only had the basic, small dodge to cope with some attacks.

I will not pretend PSO2 was Dark Souls at launch but it was certainly much harder than it is today.

Also, as a curiosity, in the alpha/early betas, you used to inject mates, not drink them.

yeah its way too easy, all the balance is put in the final difficulty mode and the rest of the game is just forgotten by sega it seems...

@TaishiFox No but they choose how to name the difficulty system. And to be fair the difficulty does increase just a tiny bit, it's a lot harder to run a 50 mission when you are 40 vs when you are 50 but not by much. You wouldn't be able to run the 50 easily if you where level 15. Why pay so much attention to the difficulty level anyways, especially when the difficulty will be based off the player.

Anything lower than SH is training wheels. Play SH and up and if it is still too easy, well, I guess it's too easy ... you have a decision to make if you are in it for the difficulty or not. I just see the lower levels as getting you used to all the mechanics of the game. I still see people dying left and right on the stuff below SH. They don't know how to grind gear or how dodging works or how to place themselves. Anything below SH is supposed to train you for that, and BE forgiving. Past that you hit the real curve of the game. So if you are still getting stomped on UQ below SH keep yer butt in the kiddie pool, because it's going to get spanked when everything has a bajillion hit points and hits like a truck.

I second what @Seed has said. Also like most MMO's... the game doesn't "start" until you're level cap anyways. Get maxed out then try to focus on mastering all of the content available. Best of luck to you!

@NoelleHedgehog said in Kind of... easy?:

I'm in the high 20'

........are you serious right now?

People complaining that "leveling" content is easy..... Most mmo's are easy until you get to endgame, progression raids, max difficulty, etc.

@Ephemiel Yes I am. Or rather, I was. I'm almost level 50 now. Not much changed during that leveling journy. Still one shot everything.

Regardless I understand where people are coming from and I believe them when they say end game is where its at. I just kinda of wish getting there was a little more exciting with its build up. Tera online suffered the same problem where it wanted to rush everyone to end game so it basically allows you to kill everything in one hit until you got there and by the time I got to end game i was pretty burnt out, I just don't want to have that same experience with PSO2 is all.

But anyways, getting there, so a little improvement with VH, hoping SH provides even more as people say, looking forward to it.