Kind of... easy?

I'm in no way a veteran to PSO2 but I did play PSO and PSU. Anyway I'm in the high 20's right now and have started doing hard difficulty and I'm finding that even on harder difficulties i'm still pretty much one-shotting everything and taking down bosses in about 5-10 seconds. Is this a normal thing? I don't even have my gear upgraded or anything. So I'm just trying to figure out if the games going to stay like this or if it gets harder at some point.

What class are you playing?

@coldreactive

Bouncer, admittedly, so yeah a DPS.

the game is in episode 3 content but has episode 6 balance and newer weapons because the old ones are convoluted as hell. so for now the game is gonna seem easier than it should be.

The NA version is based on a very recent JPN version where much of the lower level content has been streamlined and made easy (compared to when it was originally released) to get people into endgame content very quickly.

Do not worry, soon you will be joining the super-hard+ crews of people doing 700 damage every 10 seconds on Dark Falz and getting killed on literally every attack he does because they still wear 6 star weapons and 4 star units, and you will have your work cut out for you, to solo/duo the thing.

Fun times.

@IfrianMMO said in Kind of... easy?:

Do not worry, soon you will be joining the super-hard+ crews of people doing 700 damage every 10 seconds on Dark Falz and getting killed on literally every attack he does because they still wear 6 star weapons and 4 star units, and you will have your work cut out for you, to solo/duo the thing.

Fun times.

Summoner gets an easier time in that regard, because unless it's specific unique harmonizers, you can pretty much equip any of them. The attack power/etc. comes from the pet more so.

But just wait until Scion classes, there's some serious business OP stuff they can do. Etoile as an example is really good at solo roaming (Emergency Code spam) (Wand) and some bosses (Dual Blades I think.)

@NoelleHedgehog said in Kind of... easy?:

@coldreactive

Bouncer, admittedly, so yeah a DPS.

Cough Bouncer is a support class (think self-buffers with the added bonus that the buffs are AOEs) that just happens to do decent DPS. Their damage can be all over the place depending on what gear and passives/skills you have.

I'm up to level 40 and everything gets deleted with 1 or 2 leftclicks, haven't even bothered grinding up the weapon. The challenge is the clunky controls, the menus and UI, and 50 item limit, remembering where is the npc whose client order you finished, those are the real bosses of the game so far. Simple things like giving item to mag takes like 8 clicks, the struggle is real.

Episode 4 is coming, then you will see a difficulty spike. SH mission will challenge you until then. You must also be pretty good a UQs , I would have liked someone like you on my team ... seriously, people are dying to waaayyy too many avoidable mistakes.

@coldreactive said in Kind of... easy?:

Fun times.

Summoner gets an easier time in that regard, because unless it's specific unique harmonizers, you can pretty much equip any of them. The attack power/etc. comes from the pet more so.

But just wait until Scion classes, there's some serious business OP stuff they can do. Etoile as an example is really good at solo roaming (Emergency Code spam) (Wand) and some bosses (Dual Blades I think.)

I absolutely love my Etoile in PSO2JP, it´s a beast and can pretty much stay in the air indefinitely while dishing out absurd damage.

Sub-Quest menu - Ultimate Quest. The first of yet to come harder content.

@coldreactive said in Kind of... easy?:

Fun times.

I absolutely love my Etoile in PSO2JP, it´s a beast and can pretty much stay in the air indefinitely while dishing out absurd damage.

I for one cannot wait until my beloved Phantom is released ... My Dex mag is almost ready for the OVERPOWER!

The game gets harder once your in advanced quest at the lvl 50's. You wont be able to solo or hold your ground very easily without a team. Youll eventually get gear that helps you handle the advanced quests, then youll move on to the harder difficulties obviously your gonna struggle till you repeat the same function.

Personally as a lvl 75 on all classes, ultimate quests , the extremely hard difficulty (on some UQ's) are actually pretty challenging. I personally love it. Easiest class for all of that? Summoner, they can sit back and do a lot of damage without being targeted, not to mention their dodge is great. I'm a gunner main though so. Yeah the game gets harder. gl.

People who say they game is easy haven't played content intended to be difficult, or been forced to do Luther with people who think dpsing the closed clock is the way you make the clock open and you take 28 minutes to kill him.