A small part of me is relieved the CBT is over...

I know at the time of this post there is an hour left, but for me it is over right now.

My reasoning is because I got my temporary fix and I am now looking forward towards the future: The full release.

I am very eager to take in the story at a slow pace, have more options for leveling up (Forest AQ is super inefficient compared to the others), limited quests, but most importantly...

EVENTS! To all of you new to PSO2, the most awesome thing is logging in on the first day of an event...

It is disney level magical.

I can’t wait for the full release but I was informed so late that I never got the chance to do 3 Urgent Quests to get my Dreamcast MAG :(. Does the sequel quest count as a quest on it’s own.

@MerclessNoble7 said in A small part of me is relieved the CBT is over...:

I can’t wait for the full release but I was informed so late that I never got the chance to do 3 Urgent Quests to get my Dreamcast MAG :(. Does the sequel quest count as a quest on it’s own.

Ya you really needed to make time for this if you're a weekend worker. Luckily I have vacation time so I got paid to play! I think I did all the urgent quests. Not counting Friday because how the I'd authentication was messed up.

@GamerKillance Lucky! Really wish I could do 3 urgent quests. All I can do now is hope that they will give players a second chance. Did the sequel quest count as its own quest?

@MerclessNoble7 I think it does. Both quest have different names so I can’t see how they wouldn’t be considered 2 separate quests

@MerclessNoble7 yes, the sequel counts as a unique UQ. I managed to get 4 in, but I really didnt think I was going to.

Had to sacrifice a lot of sleep this weekend for it!

@John-Paul-RAGE I sacrificed my finally fixed sleep schedule for them. I got two/three urgent quests done Saturday and passed out from sleep deprivation then got all the urgent quests on Sunday. I thought I screwed myself majorly because I had to get ready for work and, my luck screwing me over, had to be there at 6 PM when the 3 PM PT urgent quest started. Glad they extended the CB but I still wanted to play more than was able to.

I'm just glad we're one step closer to me being able to play at all, since I'll only play the PC release.

@oldColdReactive Wish I could play the PC release but I don't make enough to eat, sleep, and afford a new and stronger computer in the near decade.

@Plazza7020 said in A small part of me is relieved the CBT is over...:

@oldColdReactive Wish I could play the PC release but I don't make enough to eat, sleep, and afford a new and stronger computer in the near decade.

So you can't afford a PC that was made in 2013? Because computers back then could run PSO2 on mid-high settings. I would know, I had an ASUS ROG Laptop back then. I also have an ASUS ROG TUF Gaming Laptop now.

If your computer can run FFXIV on high settings. (Use the free trial if you don't want to buy it, same graphical settings as the full game) Then you can definitely play PSO2 on any setting.

@oldColdReactive My computer can barely run Minecraft without extreme lag. I even dedicated 4 Gigs of RAM towards it and had no other processes like Firefox open and I ran out of memory and my computer froze.

@Plazza7020 said in A small part of me is relieved the CBT is over...:

@oldColdReactive My computer can barely run Minecraft without extreme lag. I even dedicated 4 Gigs of RAM towards it and had no other processes like Firefox open and I ran out of memory and my computer froze.

FFXIV only needs 1-2.5 GB of RAM. Java is one of the most unoptimized computer programming languages in the world. Especially with older versions like Java 1.8, which Minecraft uses. There are actually two new major versions of Java (Java 9 and 10) but Minecraft refuses to update to them. Windows 10 Minecraft uses C in comparison and barely takes any resources.

@oldColdReactive Oh I see, I'll try to run PSO2 when the PC Client is released but I don't have that high of hopes. Thanks for the info though! 😄

Most of the time, games like these require more CPU and GPU power than they do in RAM. Mainly because the games tend to only get the data they need when they need it. Minecraft tends to load all of its information immediately (save for chunks/etc. which get loaded when you get near them.) Which is one of the reasons why the more mods you have, or the higher resolution textures you have, the more RAM it takes.

I enjoyed it so much that I am now firing up the JP version again because I cant find the patience to sit out the next few months after getting a taste for how this plays on Xbox. I much prefer console gaming to PC, but this is the one game I will make an exception for.