How to add people to your friendslist with the pc version

Please don't tell me they have to be on my xbox live friendslist since i barely even use it!

Yup. You have to add their gamertag. It's a bit unfortunate.

@Viiyen said in How to add people to your friendslist with the pc version:

Yup. You have to add their gamertag. It's a bit unfortunate.

Are you for real?

Lmao, this NA release is looking worse and worse by the minute

I love the game it's just... microsoft put so many hurdles to overcome and to tolerate in this game...

JP servers sounding like a better and better deal than this mess

@TheAngelneer Eh,I feel like the adding friends to XBL is the least problematic of the current issues lol.

@Morgothryuzaki said in How to add people to your friendslist with the pc version:

@TheAngelneer Eh,I feel like the adding friends to XBL is the least problematic of the current issues lol.

It is certainly a big no for me, I don't use XBL, I don't own an xbox and certainly don't want to mix in-game and out-of-game.

Worse servers, worse monetization, terrible communication, support and handling of the community, terrible app implementation and now this?

Yeah, I'm pretty much out by this point.

@TheAngelneer I can totally understand the rest,but frankly having an Xbox Live account isn't any worse than having to create a Steam account or whatever else account in my opinion.

@Morgothryuzaki said in How to add people to your friendslist with the pc version:

@TheAngelneer I can totally understand the rest,but frankly having an Xbox Live account isn't any worse than having to create a Steam account or whatever else account in my opinion.

Steam won't force you to add people out-of-game for MMOs like FFXIV for example. This is just intruding on my privacy and that is something I can't and won't tolerate.

Do you know how many friends I have in my steam account since they decided to turn even the library into some kind of social media by showing you friend activity you can't turn off? Zero. Removed everyone from my steam account, disabled chat permanently and if I want to stay in contact with someone I'll do it over discord.

@TheAngelneer I mean,that's you. But I think you're blowing this a bit out of proportion lol.

Don't ppl have to have some sort of gamertag name anyways even on PC? Just add that I've added alot of PC players this weekend. It's a non issue if you know what you're doing

@TheAngelneer said in How to add people to your friendslist with the pc version:

It is certainly a big no for me, I don't use XBL, I don't own an xbox and certainly don't want to mix in-game and out-of-game.

Worse servers, worse monetization, terrible communication, support and handling of the community, terrible app implementation and now this?

Yeah, I'm pretty much out by this point.

If you are playing this game on PC then you are using an Xbox account anyways. It's not hard to simply add someone. Crying over the little things. Probably cry when Epic Store gets an exclusive....oh no I can't have my safe haven of Steam waaaaaaaaah

@PhantasyStar369 The issue is that the Epic Store isn't great at all. Its extremely barebones. Not to mention it doesn't even comes close to compete in terms of sale prices. What it does good,it does it REALLY good,however. The simple fact that it benefits developers far more than Steam being one of those.

Now as for a 'safe heaven'... Frankly its moreso that Windows Store is bad and that it overwrites your computer's rights. That is horrible.

@PhantasyStar369 The issue is that the Epic Store isn't great at all. Its extremely barebones. Not to mention it doesn't even comes close to compete in terms of sale prices. What it does good,it does it REALLY good,however. The simple fact that it benefits developers far more than Steam being one of those.

Now as for a 'safe heaven'... Frankly its moreso that Windows Store is bad and that it overwrites your computer's rights. That is horrible.

I'll use whatever launcher has the game I want to play on it. Of course the MS store is far from great. It's actually imrproved over the years from the trainwreck it was. I didn't experience these problems that many did. Anyway I thought the complaint was about adding people and having to use MS account.

@PhantasyStar369 Well I second you for sure when it comes down to this specific point. I think he is blowing this out of proportions