Gathering In This Game Is Kind Of Trash..

Don't get me wrong; I'm a PSO fan. I'm loving the game. But..

I'm not bothering with gathering because it does it so stupidly. WHY are minerals & food mats in the SAME NODE!? Virtually every other MMO with gathering in them has minerals & food separate, so players can pick which they want. In PSO2? I have to mine 2 tomatoes for every 1 rock, because they sit in the same node.

It also does not help that I made an attack up ring, then found out I can't use it if Braver is my Main or Sub-Class, because reasons.

So now I don't even bother with gathering. I get 10 gathers per 4 hours (more BS designed to 'encourage' me to pay premium), and 3 out of 4 gathers are food items I could not give less of a crap about. It's like they realized people would want the minerals for rings more than food, and tried to gate that as far away from players as possible.

Ironically, this is the only free to play I know of (and believe me, I've played A LOT of them (not all of them are listed)) to have minerals and ingredients on the same nodes. So it's not really easy to compare it to others.

They could have used orange colored nodes for minerals, and keep food ingredients on green. It would also make more sense for the food to be in green / lush areas like Ruins and Forest, rather than tundra and the underground.

@coldreactive Yeah. I have no clue why they'd bury food & minerals together, other than to bury the more-useful items under a pile of fluff that drains your stamina. All to 'encourage' buying premium.

I was just going to inquire about gathering so I might piggy back. I feel like I am missing something about fever time. Whats the point of using up nearly all of my energy to trigger a fever time, when I have no energy left to gather? I get maybe 1 or 2 fever gathers and then it goes to waste :/...

@Merelambasted said in Gathering In This Game Is Kind Of Trash..:

I was just going to inquire about gathering so I might piggy back. I feel like I am missing something about fever time. Whats the point of using up nearly all of my energy to trigger a fever time, when I have no energy left to gather? I get maybe 1 or 2 fever gathers and then it goes to waste :/...

It took me nearly 8 hours to get one naverius shroom with the fishing > fever method, and I used four stamina drinks.

@Merelambasted said in Gathering In This Game Is Kind Of Trash..:

Lets say you wanted a specific rare material that you use a lot in crafting. Like I wanna make a bunch of quick illusion (L) rings because they sell well.

You would need floating facility tourmaline which isnt 100% common. So you would goto the fishing spot, get a fever, use the fever for higher rates of uncommon, rare, etc. minerals or materials while using food items to boost your odds of whatever your going for like Sashimi for example. You can do this the opposite way aswell. Plus gathering energy replenishes quite fast.

@Eguzky said in Gathering In This Game Is Kind Of Trash..:

Don't get me wrong; I'm a PSO fan. I'm loving the game. But..

I'm not bothering with gathering because it does it so stupidly. WHY are minerals & food mats in the SAME NODE!? Virtually every other MMO with gathering in them has minerals & food separate, so players can pick which they want. In PSO2? I have to mine 2 tomatoes for every 1 rock, because they sit in the same node.

It also does not help that I made an attack up ring, then found out I can't use it if Braver is my Main or Sub-Class, because reasons.

So now I don't even bother with gathering. I get 10 gathers per 4 hours (more BS designed to 'encourage' me to pay premium), and 3 out of 4 gathers are food items I could not give less of a crap about. It's like they realized people would want the minerals for rings more than food, and tried to gate that as far away from players as possible.

Its a weird gathering system but its an old game. Plus you can choose to not gather, itll just be more expensive in the long run meseta wise.

@Lwyu said in Gathering In This Game Is Kind Of Trash..:

Its a weird gathering system but its an old game. Plus you can choose to not gather, itll just be more expensive in the long run meseta wise.

One of the ARKS Main Missions is to get a naverius shroom like I had to above. So those who don't want to gather will constantly have a reminder on the left side of the screen while in the ARKS Lobbies.

@coldreactive said in Gathering In This Game Is Kind Of Trash..:

One of the ARKS Main Missions is to get a naverius shroom like I had to above. So those who don't want to gather will constantly have a reminder on the left side of the screen while in the ARKS Lobbies.

Yeah but if they dont want extra meseta, or want to spend 1million meseta for rings, by all means they can itll just be a burden in my opinion. Gathering doesnt even take 10 minutes. If you have 3 characters or more it takes longer but you get more.

Yeah but if they dont want extra meseta, or want to spend 1million meseta for rings, by all means they can itll just be a burden in my opinion. Gathering doesnt even take 10 minutes. If you have 3 characters or more it takes longer but you get more.

The problem is that the clearly useful items (mostly the ring crafting mats) are buried under all the food mats. You spend 50 stamina to get ONE mineral.

And the devs did this on purpose; the rings have a permanent effect, so players will want them more, so you spend half your STA to get one rock, and all your STA to get 2 rocks. Then the game goes Trollface "Have a Fever time with 20 STA left! Also, buy an energy drink to keep mining!"

This is why every other MMO in all of existence lets you mine seperate from food gathering, and also does not give you limited mining to 'encourage' RMT.

@coldreactive I notice the fishing and gathering drinks in the Fresh Finds Shop which I might have to resort to, but if Fresh Finds is new for NA, how did the JP players get those? Please tell me it wasn't gotcha (-_-).

@Eguzky said in Gathering In This Game Is Kind Of Trash..:

The problem is that the clearly useful items (mostly the ring crafting mats) are buried under all the food mats. You spend 50 stamina to get ONE mineral.

And the devs did this on purpose; the rings have a permanent effect, so players will want them more, so you spend half your STA to get one rock, and all your STA to get 2 rocks. Then the game goes Trollface "Have a Fever time with 20 STA left! Also, buy an energy drink to keep mining!"

This is why every other MMO in all of existence lets you mine seperate from food gathering, and also does not give you limited mining to 'encourage' RMT.

Its not difficult to log on, any character , even if you have just one, then going gathering with some free stamina pots or none at all, and gather until you hopefully get what you want. If you dont get what you want, you simply wait for it to recharge because honestly its not the end of the world. The gathering system is simplistic I'm quite grateful you dont have to spend a dime and or be limited to one character in regards to it because its quite bountiful if you do it correctly.

Be it locked behind fruits and such, i'll need those in the future too, I use a lot of my materials, minerals etc. its really not that big a deal. I sell quick illusion rings, I make one or two a day from just gathering every 4 hrs or so. I make hp restorate rings etc. and again food items help greatly if youre targeting something specific.