Blade of Genesis / Tsukuriyo has it´s visual effect greatly reduced from the JP version. Why?

The beautiful "Blade of Genesis", known in the Japanese version as Tsukuriyo, is one of the most beautiful and impressive Katana in the entire game.

alt text

Each slash of this weapon creates a beautiful constellation and stardust effect, and attacking enough times consecutively, creates a small galaxy/nebula around the player.

alt text

....or at least that is what it does in the Japanese version.

However, in our NA version, the stardust disappears nearly as fast as it appears, becoming mostly a "slash effect" and greatly reducing it´s visual beauty.

alt text

I know that, given the current state of disaster, this is a relatively small issue, but i am confused as to what could be causing the difference and such a random, arbitrary change.

Considering this is my favorite weapon skin and one of my mainstays in all of my fashion sets, this is concerning.

What gives?

I want to sparkle, Segasoft.

And right now i feel distinctly and noticeably unsparkly.

It's Xbox's fault. View range of player characters out in the fields is also extremely reduced. Someone a single cell away becomes completely invisible.

This is ridiculous, damn console plebs

Well that sucks, i wonder if it will be one of the many things the Tweaker will eventually fix.

I demand my sparkles.

Using the Tweaker myself and the blade still acts super funky. You get a few frames of the blade. It honestly looks like your holding nothing and just some sparkles are around you.

Oldish thread I know but I can only assume this PC version was a port of the xbox version. I also assume the xbox version was made with reduced quality in some aspects to make it play decently on that console (and to play with decent framerate on the xb1 S). That effect OP mentioned, if it is what I think it is (a bunch of particles), is usually one of the most taxing effects in all of gaming. So it's not surprising to see it edited out for a console that would be weaker than most gaming PCs nowadays.

But my poor Tsukuriyo used to be so beautiful /sniffles.

This is unacceptable, one million years dungeon.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Blade of Genesis / Tsukuriyo has it´s visual effect greatly reduced from the JP version. Why?:

Oldish thread I know but I can only assume this PC version was a port of the xbox version.

A full port-back would both be seriously pointless effort and punch a cannonball-sized hole through the idea that a PC beta wasn't needed after a supposed extra porting. So I don't really believe this.

It's possible the two versions share the same languages and parameters files though, so if something was changed for either performance or stability reasons to simplify launch it might be something they can review and potentially tweak with a little more time later on.

@Miraglyth said in Blade of Genesis / Tsukuriyo has it´s visual effect greatly reduced from the JP version. Why?:

@ZorokiHanuke said in Blade of Genesis / Tsukuriyo has it´s visual effect greatly reduced from the JP version. Why?:

Oldish thread I know but I can only assume this PC version was a port of the xbox version.

A full port-back would both be seriously pointless effort and punch a cannonball-sized hole through the idea that a PC beta wasn't needed after a supposed extra porting. So I don't really believe this.

It's possible the two versions share the same languages and parameters files though, so if something was changed for either performance or stability reasons to simplify launch it might be something they can review and potentially tweak with a little more time later on.

I meant it more on the issue of them being pretty much cooked from the same mold. PSO2JP is a PC game of course. But, I feel that the team responsible of releasing it in the West was tasked to fit it to the xb1, and they used those same parameters for the NA PC version as well. So "port" may have been the wrong wording. I can say, "build" instead. An xb1 specific build, which may have also been used for PC, maybe because it had all the NA workings (translation an localization) done. And since they may have deemed the graphical changes not so impactful to the overall experience, they just used the same build for both platforms.

Again, this is all an assumption.

All versions of the game share the same code, just with if statements to load/unload/change specific things for each region/type.

Also, call me blind, but I don't really see a difference.

https://gfycat.com/darlingantiquebluefish NA

https://gfycat.com/inconsequentialjoyouschameleon JP