Elder Rifle or Nemesis Rifle for End game

Hi does anybody know which rifle should i start investing in "Elder Rifle or Nemesis Rifle". I heard alot of people saying that Elder Rifle is strong but Nemesis currently beats it with the fixed 17% increase damage.

Thanks in advance

Also have the Gix as an option. /Summoner would not use any mates. Just not 100% sure yet how it works

If you are still leveling and not yet in end game, I would say obtain a elder rifle +30/35 as soon as possible. The 30% moving snipe potential is very strong. Elder rifle is certainly good to use until 75. Once you are 75, and have a 75 subclass, and a 200 mag, and decent armor set with a few affixes, and now playing extra hard. Maybe think about switching to nemesis or slave shooter as they have higher base damage, and have that 17% damage potential, so as far as I know that makes it best in slot rifle currently. But if your elder rifle is +35 and has 5+ slot with good r-att boosting augments then it would most likely be okay for now. Heck I've seen people using nox weapons on extra hard.

Generally speaking Slave Rifle > Nemesis Rifle, with Elder very close behind. Issue with Elder Rifle is it requires ideal conditions and only really does "top dps" in very specific scenarios. Rifle needs high PP regen because of your skill use, and since you ideally want to keep weak bullets loaded to help your group and having weak bullets loaded gives a flat +RATK bonus, you don't really get to normal attack to get SP back which is where the Slave weapon really shines. You get a flat 30% PP regen, and then IF you get the chance to normal attack, you get an additional 20% which can occur when you fire off a weak bullet.

For launcher you want nemesis over slave because a 20% cost reduction on Cosmo Breaker is like 12pp reduction per cast, and you can technically normal attack during a cosmo breaker animation to make PP back.

@Grimwald said in Elder Rifle or Nemesis Rifle for End game:

Generally speaking Slave Rifle > Nemesis Rifle, with Elder very close behind. Issue with Elder Rifle is it requires ideal conditions and only really does "top dps" in very specific scenarios. Rifle needs high PP regen because of your skill use, and since you ideally want to keep weak bullets loaded to help your group and having weak bullets loaded gives a flat +RATK bonus, you don't really get to normal attack to get SP back which is where the Slave weapon really shines. You get a flat 30% PP regen, and then IF you get the chance to normal attack, you get an additional 20% which can occur when you fire off a weak bullet.

For launcher you want nemesis over slave because a 20% cost reduction on Cosmo Breaker is like 12pp reduction per cast, and you can technically normal attack during a cosmo breaker animation to make PP back.

Are you saying you can't normal attack when loaded with weak bullet? If so, you totally can. I believe it is called dive shoot or something. You dive and immediately follow with a normal attack. It will not use your weak bullet. It might take some time getting used to but worth learning. PP should be no issue for rangers. Because of that, I'd choose whatever weapon potential you like better.

@almightysundaas You can but it's not particularly PP efficient to do that because it requires another action in order to capitalize on. If you think having to rolling shoot 4-5 times to get all your pp back is damage efficient, you'd be wrong. Ranger is a PP intensive class, and unfortunately if it's a boss that's not easily target-able by a trap, you are going to run into PP issues even when in properly affixed gear (currently).

Easy example: Magatsu, if you're speed running by hitting chest only, placing a trap on his platform then detonating it only restores around 40~ pp while on other bosses or while fighting multiple enemies it's easy to refill your entire bar.

100% Slave Rifle is the best choice, especially considering your point about rolling shoot, because it makes every rolling shot more effective at restoring PP so you have to do less of them to get back to using Positron or Satellite Cannon.