PSA Stop attacking Mr Umbra!

Just stop! Let him hit your for a nice buff! Do not hurt him! Ever! alt text

@Ki-Rin said in PSA Stop attacking Mr Umbra!:

Just stop! Let him hit your for a nice buff! Do not hurt him! Ever! alt text

What kind of people would dare hit that majestic fluff-roll?

Surely the real PSA should be that stupid lilipan rescue mission.

You spend a good 10-20 minutes fighting a bunch of murderbots, then at the end of an area you find a lilipan caught by a robot. The NPCs say it's trying to escape and the code screen says it needs to be rescued.

So you hit the robot once and fail the mission! Only when you get it later and wait like 45 seconds do the NPCs ever say "Don't attack this one specific murderbot with no visible explosives, because it's explodey."

It's the new "Attack while its tail is up".

Edit: Goes to say though, it's nice that these little trials have some variety to them. I am liking that.

Lilipan rescue? Just move far away from them if you are alone. it turns off the AI of the monsters near them and you can just chill out till you win.

@Ki-Rin said in PSA Stop attacking Mr Umbra!:

Lilipan rescue? Just move far away from them if you are alone.

Not the point. The mission tells you like three times you need to save, free and rescue it, and only after some time passes does any part of it say DON'T attack the metal enemy clutching onto it.

No worse than capture event =D

Now you tell me lol. I've seen that guy a couple times, sometimes in Multiplayer, and everyone attacks it. I don't see the reason to be able to target him if they didn't want you too. At least that red fish that you have to avoid can't be targeted, they should have done the same here.

I was wondering why everyone was doing such low damage to him as well. Thanks for the tip! 🙂

Actually, what is the deal with "Capture Events" anyway?

Capture events are to troll high dps characters.

@Qwid1339 said in PSA Stop attacking Mr Umbra!:

I don't see the reason to be able to target him if they didn't want you too.

It's a challenge, it'd be a bit silly if you couldn't fail it!

@Qwid1339 Originally, it was supposed to be a very cooperative Emergency Code where everyone had to stop attacking to make sure you could all get the bonus, and if you even attacked him once, he would get angry and cause a tornado that caused damage. They have made it so that hitting him no longer makes him angry, just if he doesn't hit someone with his stick, but I guess the way that he is coded requires him to still be targeted since it appears he counts as a Boss enemy.

@AndrlCh said in PSA Stop attacking Mr Umbra!:

@Qwid1339 Originally, it was supposed to be a very cooperative Emergency Code where everyone had to stop attacking to make sure you could all get the bonus, and if you even attacked him once, he would get angry and cause a tornado that caused damage. They have made it so that hitting him no longer makes him angry, just if he doesn't hit someone with his stick, but I guess the way that he is coded requires him to still be targeted since it appears he counts as a Boss enemy.

I really wish they bring that tornado back and make it wipe the area when he gets hit.

Doesn't doing more damage to him increase masetta he drops? What I've been told. If I'm wrong I'll happily rectify.

@Pulptenks No, in fact, I've found he drops less if hit at all. He's not a pinata. 😛 I feel like he used to drop more when you could "fail" him, but I guess they lowered the loot since they ruined part of that factor. Maybe it'd help if they properly mentioned to not try to fight him X__x

@Miraglyth Honestly, that's one of my least favorite Urgent Events in the game. It's not even just that, but so many attacks have a little bit of an AoE to them or can effect something if an enemy is too close (especially as a Force) and the defense is like... nothing. I wish the defense was at least a bit better, especially on harder difficulties where one hit can send it flying. It is genuinely hard enough to try and keep everything at bay with single attacks without also worrying something got too close and murdered it at the last second.

@Princesse-Jen said in PSA Stop attacking Mr Umbra!:

@Miraglyth Honestly, that's one of my least favorite Urgent Events in the game.

I've had it a couple more times and... yeah. It also seems to be a priority target for Grand Wave (the Bouncer dash-kick) so I can't really stop enemies before they get to the lilipans either. It's the first trial type I'm considering just not bothering with.

I will rarely entertain any EC that doesn't involved attacking. As I put in my auto-chat for failing an EC it says "I don't do puzzles.. Get your own damn minerals and kite/capture you're own damn bosses."

Mr. Umbra though. Yeah, thats a hard one because everyone, rightly so for the most part, is so focused on KoS "All the Things!" ;0 ;~)

o/ =^.^=