Many players are having issues with being unable to see other people chat and unable to send and receive party invites!

It's basically a quiet game for them and they can't see other people's text nor can other people see theirs. Is there a fix for this cause relogging didn't help. What is causing this problem and how can we fix it?

They can see symbol arts though.

If you mute someone in Xbox Live / via gamertag, you can't see their chat because they're blacklisted in-game if you mute them. Besides that, you may have changed the filters:

alt text

A few of them may have also been temporarily muted by GMs/etc. if they've used derogatory / lewd symbol arts.

@coldreactive said in Many players are having issues with being unable to see other people chat and unable to send and receive party invites!:

If you mute someone in Xbox Live / via gamertag, you can't see their chat because they're blacklisted in-game if you mute them. Besides that, you may have changed the filters:

alt text

A few of them may have also been temporarily muted by GMs/etc. if they've used derogatory / lewd symbol arts.

That is definitely not the issue. I witnessed it earlier with the Quna concert. Quite often it showed up that someone was typing and it popped up on the screen, but it showed nothing but an ellipses. Even when I typed the "encore" for the encore at the end, I was the only one to see what I wrote and NO ONE else saw it and theirs couldn't be seen, either, but the encore started anyone so they did go through, at least.

@coldreactive Yeah what @Ragnawind said. Multiple people seem to have this issue. Since I don't have it myself, I can't provide any solutions for them to fix this issue on their own.

Alright so one of my friends found out that her ability to be unable to chat in game is linked to how she's unable to chat on the Xbox Console Companion as well. Customer Service told her to update windows which she had to do manually while this fucking asshole of a tech support guy is floundering about telling her to ask PSO2 developers how to update windows.

But yeah she is extremely pessimistic that this will fail when none of this addresses the issue with the Xbox Console Companion app.

This is their product acting up again and ruining the whole experience for a whole lot of people. I hope they outsource that asshole's job to India or the Philippines.

Humble guess, while I witnessed it myself. it would be all related to the aweful lobby lag. So if the Devs could see to it on top of all the bug / issues to fix. Would be great.

@Ragnawind said in Many players are having issues with being unable to see other people chat and unable to send and receive party invites!:

Quite often it showed up that someone was typing and it popped up on the screen, but it showed nothing but an ellipses.

This is something that happens in the JP version of the game. Searching for it on google gives no results. I've seen the ellipse thing before, I was thinking it was because there were too many people around.

@Pulptenks said in Many players are having issues with being unable to see other people chat and unable to send and receive party invites!:

Humble guess, while I witnessed it myself. it would be all related to the aweful lobby lag. So if the Devs could see to it on top of all the bug / issues to fix. Would be great.

Nah my friend got the tweaker so the lobby lag isn't an issue for her.

And no, she had this problem before she got the tweaker. It is definitely related to Microsoft shenanigans.

Alright. Problem isn't solved yet but I think their tech support actually figured out what the problem is this time but they aren't empowered to be able to fix it.

71c6688d-f711-4569-aa9a-fb752222ba29-image.png

alt text

So apparently the fix for this problem is to make another account, add the original account to your xbox family thing with the new account as an organizer, and then give it time.

She's on the "Give it time" phase. If it doesn't work out she might have to play on a new account entirely.

My friend also thinks that this problem could have stemmed from making an Xbox account directly before making a Microsoft account.