Do you plan to buy AC when the game launches

@Ranmaru I disagree, there's a lot of other areas where the game could stand to improve and the whole "not actually buying a character slot" thing needs to be fixed and the Fortnite battle pass needs to die in a fire with Forntie and lootboxes.

@Mattwo7 said in Do you plan to buy AC when the game launches:

@Ranmaru I disagree, there's a lot of other areas where the game could stand to improve and the whole "not actually buying a character slot" thing needs to be fixed and the Fortnite battle pass needs to die in a fire with Forntie and lootboxes.

Agree broadly with this statement. Just because it's the NA version of PSO2 doesn't mean it has to stay exactly the same as JP PSO2 outside of story and level content.

@Vicodin-Villian Considering we're dealing with the Japanese dev team, it's enitrely possible changes could be made to both versions. Especially when it comes to things like bugs and basic gameplay mechanics. I don't expect any changes to monetization (if any) to be done to both though.

I don't like battle passes, they've been really shady about PC, the gamepass stuff was an absolute clown show and they still haven't been clear about certain details regarding the rewards, the degree of communication we've been given has been really lacking in favor of playing the friendly brand on social media and the actual content available is a weird and inexplicable mish-mash that leaves much to be desired (seriously; darker nest is the only decent emergency mission, and chrome is flat out the worst). The game is rated M17+ but they've taken out items that were deemed to risque, the translation is super inconsistent even when it comes to referring to the same item or skill name within descriptions. Item descriptions as a whole are just kind of gone, they've let blatant cheaters and gold sellers run rampant for an entire week without showing any sign of actually doing anything about it.

I could keep going on - but what I'm trying to say is that as much as I like PSO2, and as glad as I am to see it actually get a global release, it's been a pretty poor showing. The best idea they had to improve the game, the fresh finds shop, is hilariously hampered by the fact that it puts such a heavy drain on the star gem economy, you can only purchase each item once (at least let us buy them twice for ticket use reasons) and now you can't resell them - and apparently you were never supposed to be able to resell them but they just kind of decided to let that slide for a while.

But you know, the shifty guys selling infinite recycle badges were fine to let go for ages and now everyone has a few hundred recycle badges each. That's real cool.

So no. I don't think I'm going to be buying AC, or premium, or even the xbox gamepass after this. I still haven't gotten my gamepass rewards. And it's really lame they're not letting the people who couldn't get the codes for the first batch, get those first rewards. They keep making mistakes and punishing the legit users for them.

@Nuebot said in Do you plan to buy AC when the game launches:

I don't like battle passes, they've been really shady about PC, the gamepass stuff was an absolute clown show and they still haven't been clear about certain details regarding the rewards, the degree of communication we've been given has been really lacking in favor of playing the friendly brand on social media and the actual content available is a weird and inexplicable mish-mash that leaves much to be desired (seriously; darker nest is the only decent emergency mission, and chrome is flat out the worst). The game is rated M17+ but they've taken out items that were deemed to risque, the translation is super inconsistent even when it comes to referring to the same item or skill name within descriptions. Item descriptions as a whole are just kind of gone, they've let blatant cheaters and gold sellers run rampant for an entire week without showing any sign of actually doing anything about it.

I could keep going on - but what I'm trying to say is that as much as I like PSO2, and as glad as I am to see it actually get a global release, it's been a pretty poor showing. The best idea they had to improve the game, the fresh finds shop, is hilariously hampered by the fact that it puts such a heavy drain on the star gem economy, you can only purchase each item once (at least let us buy them twice for ticket use reasons) and now you can't resell them - and apparently you were never supposed to be able to resell them but they just kind of decided to let that slide for a while.

But you know, the shifty guys selling infinite recycle badges were fine to let go for ages and now everyone has a few hundred recycle badges each. That's real cool.

So no. I don't think I'm going to be buying AC, or premium, or even the xbox gamepass after this. I still haven't gotten my gamepass rewards. And it's really lame they're not letting the people who couldn't get the codes for the first batch, get those first rewards. They keep making mistakes and punishing the legit users for them.

If this is the way paying customers feel, then imagine how free to play players are going to feel about this game

@WhiteKnightBlsm I feel pretty good about the game honestly. I have no intention to spend any money on the game and enjoy it maximally. If people are playing a game in such a way that they are getting tupset by premium features/lack of content/whatever other completely arbitrary changes between JP/NA/PC/XBONE/apples/oranges then they need to reevaluate their priorities in life. 🐶

To clarify to the person that didn't understand the math of my numbers. Assuming we do not get premium set with gamepass anymore.

i just added up what i'd pay for this game in a year (if i buy premium+gamepass sub) which is 308$. This doesn't include battle passes, inventory expansion or whatever. this is just premium + game pass. I have never played one game released on the monthly free games. I haven't touched my xbox in years, so i am paying 14$ a month just for PSO2. Luckily, i got a premium month in the game pass perks. If that goes away, then i am still paying 144$ a year just to play a "FREE" game. If the perks don't include decent rewards, i'll downgrade to just xbox live and just use that.

In the simplest of terms, the game isn't free. you cannot play it on xbox without a paid monthly membership. Imagine if you paid your 15$ a month to wow, and couldn't use the auction house, trade, only had your starter bag, and could only create 3 characters on one server, could only pick 10 herbs, mine 10 nodes, and craft one item. You'd be outraged. Basically, play the wow starter edition and see how long you can go. So you fork over 60$ + 15$ a month and you get all the content and the updates for the cycle of the xpac with no limitations.

This game is 308$ a year, every year (if i pay gamepass ultimate + premium), so if i play this for 4 years...i've spent 1200$ on a video game.

Listen, i am not upset, I am just not throwing down 500$ a year on a video game to get the most out of it (premium, xbox, battle pass, inventory etc..).

If they want my money, they can change their business model. If it becomes a pain, i'll cancel my xbox live and move on to another video game. I am too old to deal with this crap. Every game now, nickels and dimes you till your wallet is empty. I enjoy it for now, don't care if you agree or not. I am not spending the equivalent of 9 games a year on one game to be able to live with convenience while getting entertainment.

in my opinion, xbox live should come with premium set. ultimate comes with premium + 200 sg a month or something and let people buy the battle pass if they want. The premium, is just enough frustration to annoy me if it wasn't there and ultimately may be the reason i quit. It's not worth it's price tag, but it's enough of an annoyance to not wanna play without it. i am not paying money just to trade, gtfo of here sega.

@Taconight1977 One year of XBL Gold is $60, if you upgrade to Ultimate Game Pass instead of buying the Game Pass per month separately it's far cheaper, it's really your own fault for not going about it the most cost-effective way. Also I've been playing for free on and off for years now...

On battle passes, I never minded them, as I have bought one for Fortnite, and Destiny 2. I feel that they seem to be successful, so not surprised they are doing the same here. I will prefer to not pay for Xbox live though, once PC comes I will switch over to that.

@Ranmaru Battle passes are predatory because they're FOMO-based. They're almost as bad as lootboxes and season passes.

And in case you're not aware season passes are bad because you're pre-ordering something you don't even know what you're even getting and they basically exist soley to try to kill the second hand market.

@Mattwo7 the mission pass gold can be used after you have completed the mission pass to obtain the gold versions of the rewards as well.

It is also included with the premium set, which most hardcore players will already have anyways.

The predatory part is allowing it to be repeated and advanced by purchases as well, but it would take a big spender to do that repeatedly.

@John-Paul-RAGE Well you'd have to play the game for the full duration to make it even worth buying regardless of when you buy it or you will miss out on the rewards after the duration ends, which is another huge problem with them.

I've already spent over $100 in AC and other items in this game. Was going to spend more until I realized I should just make a bunch of alts.... until I hit that character paywall. Geez SEGA, you gotta monetize everything?

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Do you plan to buy AC when the game launches:

@Mattwo7 the mission pass gold can be used after you have completed the mission pass to obtain the gold versions of the rewards as well.

It is also included with the premium set, which most hardcore players will already have anyways.

The predatory part is allowing it to be repeated and advanced by purchases as well, but it would take a big spender to do that repeatedly. Repeated you say. Big spebder checkin in..... /jk

@Nuebot said in Do you plan to buy AC when the game launches:

'i did not know about all that. Thank you for the info.