Do you plan to buy AC when the game launches

Just my 2 cents, but I've been very pleasantly surprised with how far I've managed to get without spending a dime. I was really bummed that most of the cosmetics were locked behind AC (I'm from XIV, where we consider player appearance the true endgame) and then made the stupidly simple discovery one day - what about personal shops? About 2 million meseta later and I've got 4 different human outfits and a couple of bodies for my CAST, too. I know this can cause RMT, but it also means that players give a lot more weight to Meseta than a lot of MMO's base currency has.

AC items aside, I was pretty pleasantly surprised with how much SG the game hands out freely, too. I do have a question, though... For AC items with the SG icon, does that just pay a lump sum of SG once you've maxed affinity with it, or do you max affinity and it starts to pay SG?

@HoveringNebula The SG bar on Costumes, Body Parts, and Outerwears just fills up when you have it equipped (even while logged out), and after ~24 hours, you can claim 10SG from it; this can only be done once per item.

@AndrlCh @HoveringNebula this also means as a F2P player, you can invest your meseta into obtaining SG.

Buy the cheap outfits and outerwear (hovering between 70-85K meseta) and collect the SG, then resell it later after inflation it immediately to reinvest.

Ah, that's a good thought. I just like that AC items are totally available despite no AC being handed out in game. Though I guess that really comes down to how other players feel about pricing items.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Do you plan to buy AC when the game launches:

outerwear (hovering between 70-85K meseta)

OU is really that cheap on the NA servers?

b5dc3ebb3501eff31020d0bfaf3d12f3.png

(I omitted the first few as they had the SG claimed)

I've been picking up complete outfits for maybe 400k for In, Ou, and Ba. CAST Male parts are completely dirt cheap. Maybe because there's nothing super good looking yet? I picked up a whole body and some change for maybe 200k? Could be the NA servers just haven't picked up on the value of this stuff, though.

@Mattwo7 said in Do you plan to buy AC when the game launches:

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Do you plan to buy AC when the game launches:

outerwear (hovering between 70-85K meseta)

OU is really that cheap on the NA servers?

b5dc3ebb3501eff31020d0bfaf3d12f3.png

(I omitted the first few as they had the SG claimed)

Usually because the basewear and innerwear is astronomically expensive.

@AndrlCh said in Do you plan to buy AC when the game launches:

@HoveringNebula The SG bar on Costumes, Body Parts, and Outerwears just fills up when you have it equipped (even while logged out), and after ~24 hours, you can claim 10SG from it; this can only be done once per item.

Wait what?? I could have been raking in SG this whole time with all my premium outfits???

@Lucky-13-X said in Do you plan to buy AC when the game launches:

@AndrlCh said in Do you plan to buy AC when the game launches:

Wait what?? I could have been raking in SG this whole time with all my premium outfits???

Premium outfits? I know Mission pass doesn't have them but yes OUTWEAR, Outfits, and Cast/Body Parts. I don't remember if the fresh finds shops outwear/outfits does but I think It does count.

just got this game, and doubt very much i will put 1 cent into this, you can screw the economy as much as you want it wont bothr me 1 bit, greedy ppl are greedy, so yeah go ahead ruin the economy for everyone go on DO IT

@Devmen said in Do you plan to buy AC when the game launches:

The minute they put Hatsune Miku Set out I'm going get the whole set

Haha so much the same here. But I read that some of the stuff we're intersted in can be sold by other players, so maybe we'll not need that many AC...

Got more AC today thanks to the PC launch. Not particularly interested in the Hatsune Miku collaboration, but I'm genuinely surprised that it actually happened. Hopefully this means that more anime and outside creator collaborations are on the way.

@Vicodin-Villian said in Do you plan to buy AC when the game launches:

Got more AC today thanks to the PC launch. Not particularly interested in the Hatsune Miku collaboration, but I'm genuinely surprised that it actually happened. Hopefully this means that more anime and outside creator collaborations are on the way.

Will we get the Es stuff or is that not happening since its not in the States in any form that i know of.

I'll consider a premium when the servers stabilize.

@Meta77 said in Do you plan to buy AC when the game launches:

@Vicodin-Villian said in Do you plan to buy AC when the game launches:

Will we get the Es stuff or is that not happening since its not in the States in any form that i know of.

Es?