Do you plan to buy AC when the game launches

I ended up picking up the ragol pack, and likely will again when I have the funds to safely do so. It's very good for what you get, and I personally was not a fan of the sonic costume set at all.

I bought Sonic founders pack. Then extra 50 on ac

bought around $250 worth of AC already.

@SeijinNoboru that'll probably be me too when the game comes for NA PC

@UneasyCheese8 said in Do you plan to buy AC when the game launches:

@SeijinNoboru that'll probably be me too when the game comes for NA PC

Pretty much the same. I would rather spend an Xbox One's worth of money on the PC version in raw AC/Premium/Packs than get an Xbox One.

@coldreactive oh I meant monthly btw. when I played BDO on console I was spending $200-$250 a month on it lol

Maybe when the PC version comes out and I can actually play... Seriously though, one factor is going to be whether or not I have any faith in the NA release's longevity, which at this point isn't really the case. Hopefully things will improve.

@Meta77 no because it feels like a cash grab Basic features that would be free in other mmo's are gated off for no real reason other tha to make people spend money.

This will have a negative impact on the player base over the long run.

People have waited years for pso2 to come to the west (myself included) would be a huge shame if the game has to be shut down a year from now because of bad monetization.

@WhiteKnightBlsm said in Do you plan to buy AC when the game launches:

@Meta77 no because it feels like a cash grab Basic features that would be free in other mmo's are gated off for no real reason other tha to make people spend money.

This will have a negative impact on the player base over the long run.

People have waited years for pso2 to come to the west (myself included) would be a huge shame if the game has to be shut down a year from now because of bad monetization.

I am assuming you've never played JP version. People will always be cashing in for package or outfits etc. If people want to get more rare gears from the missions, then 400% RDR is worth paying for and 150% EXP boost is worth getting. It's not gating anyone. It's just privilege for player's choice.

@LapisWave but this isnt the jp version. This is the NA version that already has a major difference (mission pass) from the jp version.

Its not plauer choice. I didnt choose to have those features removed to be sold back to me. Therefore it wasnt "player choice".

I get it, you really like the game. But dont defend something thay doesnt meet the lowest bar possible set by other game in the same genre.

Im not asking for the moon, im asking for the bare minimum.

@WhiteKnightBlsm said in Do you plan to buy AC when the game launches:

I get it, you really like the game

And you don't like the game, because you don't want to spend it on premium membership? Just out of curiosity, have you played any other MMORPGS like subscription based such as FF14/World of Warcraft? How do you feel about their monthly sub for full functions of the game?

Other mmorpgs like SWTOR also is gated by limit of gameplay now even though it's free to play. It requires monthly sub to get more extended functions. Even Maple Story 2 has some limited function of gameplay if you don't pay extra for more functions like shops.

@LapisWave ive played ff14 all the way up to the second dlc

Ive spent $300 on warframe

This is not about the money

And also yes im here writing a forum post on a game that i havent been waiting years for (heavy sarcasm)

You cant say im wrong so you would rather try and insult me

Gg nice try

Since we're now on the subject of unnecessary monetization, there are two major changes which I disagree with. One partially, the other fully.

First, the change that I disagree with fully is the choice to gate the entire game for Xbox users behind an Xbox Live gold pass. This would make sense if, like the Halo series, the game divided itself equally between online and offline modes. But it doesn't. Like World of Tanks Mercenaries, PSO2 is an online-only game. Hence, the necessity of getting a Xbox Live gold or ultimate subscription effectively turns a free to play game into a subscriber game. On top of this, you then need to shell out an additional $15 to unlock full features like shop use, room customization and so on. In effect, this means that anyone owning a console now must pay $25--half of the cost of their internet bill--to get the full features of an otherwise free to play game. This doesn't also count the mission pass, but more on that in a bit.

Second is the mission pass system. In some ways this combines the event bingo seen in the JP client by taking its rewards and folding it in with some of the SG scratch rewards and, crucially, the majority of the rewards obtained from playing the story mode / matter board. It's a nifty system given that you can freemium your way into its rewards by shelling out a large sum of SG, but the option to do that is rather carefully hidden away in the SG store itself. The fact that it seems to be both unnecessary and strips the overwhelming majority of the rewards from playing through the story form my two objections to it, particularly in that it takes away about 90% of the rewards from the story and leaves you with only the occasional triboost for completing a particular section.

I already bought the founders pack. Now, I might consider other purchases like storage. I am good for now though.

@Vicodin-Villian said in Do you plan to buy AC when the game launches:

Second is the mission pass system. In some ways this combines the event bingo seen in the JP client by taking its rewards and folding it in with some of the SG scratch rewards and, crucially, the majority of the rewards obtained from playing the story mode / matter board. It's a nifty system given that you can freemium your way into its rewards by shelling out a large sum of SG, but the option to do that is rather carefully hidden away in the SG store itself. The fact that it seems to be both unnecessary and strips the overwhelming majority of the rewards from playing through the story form my two objections to it, particularly in that it takes away about 90% of the rewards from the story and leaves you with only the occasional triboost for completing a particular section.

Yea Fornite battle passes are almost as scummy as lootboxes in how they take advantage of FOMO, that's why I keep calling mission passes Fortnite battle passes as a derogatory.