Do you plan to buy AC when the game launches

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Do you plan to buy AC when the game launches:

@The-Question said in Do you plan to buy AC when the game launches:

@Lena-Brey 1300 AC so if following how JP server does their currency that would be $13 USD. As for buying costumes through Microtransactions that probably won't ever be a thing unless NA changes how they do Scratches. There are special currencies called Star Gems which can get gotten but they aren't as common as other in game currencies. AC can't be farmed. Your best bet if you want a specific costume is either buy it from a player shop with Meseta or try your luck with AC Scratches.

I am very curious if they will change some aspects of how the AC Scratch works. If you recall over the last few years, console games have been under fire for "lootbox" style purchases that gamble real life money for very low chances of "good" virtual goods. NBA2K is the best example of a game that did it in the West and the people tried to get the government involved.

All the good are completely optional. There are zero items you get from it that affect gameplay in the way of disadvantages or advantages. So I don't think it will be affected like games from EA.

@Lena-Brey 1300 AC so if following how JP server does their currency that would be $13 USD. As for buying costumes through Microtransactions that probably won't ever be a thing unless NA changes how they do Scratches. There are special currencies called Star Gems which can get gotten but they aren't as common as other in game currencies. AC can't be farmed. Your best bet if you want a specific costume is either buy it from a player shop with Meseta or try your luck with AC Scratches.

I am very curious if they will change some aspects of how the AC Scratch works. If you recall over the last few years, console games have been under fire for "lootbox" style purchases that gamble real life money for very low chances of "good" virtual goods. NBA2K is the best example of a game that did it in the West and the people tried to get the government involved.

All the good are completely optional. There are zero items you get from it that affect gameplay in the way of disadvantages or advantages. So I don't think it will be affected like games from EA.

I hope not, but many of these games have also added good that you can purchase directly (cosmetic, account related, etc) to kind of circumvent the "lootbox only" approach.

I like it how it is in the JP version, just curious if the team has humored the idea of adding on to it at all. (In mobile games a "pity" system has been implemented where after x amount of gacha pulls, you are "guaranteed" a "good" item)

I hope not, but many of these games have also added good that you can purchase directly (cosmetic, account related, etc) to kind of circumvent the "lootbox only" approach.

I like it how it is in the JP version, just curious if the team has humored the idea of adding on to it at all. (In mobile games a "pity" system has been implemented where after x amount of gacha pulls, you are "guaranteed" a "good" item)

The "Pity System" has been a thing for a while with AC Scratches. So nothing to worry about on if they will add it or not.

@The-Question Gotcha, thanks for the info! Kinda weird that buying tons of AC in bulk doesn't give you some kind of discount like most games. The bundles just scale linearly in cost...

@Lena-Brey said in Do you plan to buy AC when the game launches:

@The-Question Gotcha, thanks for the info! Kinda weird that buying tons of AC in bulk doesn't give you some kind of discount like most games. The bundles just scale linearly in cost...

On JP they price bundle items not the AC. So 1 month is 1300 AC, 2 months is 2300 AC, and 3300 AC. That saves 300 AC and 600 AC respectively. Also glad I was able to help clarify things for you.

Think they will sell the "insertEpisodeNumberHere" deluxe editions?

I am really really really hoping for a retail version that comes with some cool swagger, but a digital deluxe version would also be acceptable.

@John-Paul-RAGE I don't think so. It's possible that the NA team could try and talk them into doing something like that. But I don't think it will happen myself.

Watch the subscription be called, PSO First.

I'd probably spend much more money if we could outright purchase outfits versus AC scratches. Not saying I won't ever do it, but I'm more interested in the monthly premium sub.

I will to max out storage, inventory and get premium.

@Duchess-May said in Do you plan to buy AC when the game launches:

I'd probably spend much more money if we could outright purchase outfits versus AC scratches. Not saying I won't ever do it, but I'm more interested in the monthly premium sub.

We dont get game magazines like in japan so doubtful. I know I've got a few from art books from jp

@Meta77 said in Do you plan to buy AC when the game launches:

@Duchess-May said in Do you plan to buy AC when the game launches:

We dont get game magazines like in japan so doubtful. I know I've got a few from art books from jp

We used to. Now it's mostly GameInformer/etc. which is pushed by what's left of GameStop.

In addition to what I said on page 1, I'll definitely be subbing to premium.

@coldreactive I miss the days of game magazines tbh. I go on the Internet Archive to download a bunch of old PC Gamer and CD Gamer mags but it just ain't the same. I would love to see my PSU loving friends be able to read about PSO2 in its own magazine article or something.

Probably going to use 90 days Premium Access, Inventory expansions, character slot expansions etc. So I'll expect $200+ cashed out.