Do you plan to buy AC when the game launches

I dunno im having second thoughts about paying money for a ten year old game of unknown longevity..... hmm

@Rantious Do take this with a huge grain of salt but people have said PSO2 was suppose to last 10years but since its been so popular and it makes up a huge % of SEGAs income they extended that by 5years. If this is true then we can expect game shutdown by 2027. Which seems like a decent amount of time imo. Again big grain of salt with this info as i dont have a source.

@Geordie-P said in Do you plan to buy AC when the game launches:

I dunno im having second thoughts about paying money for a ten year old game of unknown longevity..... hmm

I unfortunately have the same concern. I don't wanna rain on anyone's parade but regardless of which way we look at it, PSO2 is almost 8 years old (8th anniversary is June I think?). That's already longer than any of the other online Phantasy Star games lasted.

I was there for PSO shutting down & I was there for the farce that was the end off PSU. These games were pay to play and certain versions had mandatory subscriptions to play online. It doesn't leave the best impression. I would hate for us a community to fall in love with this game after an 8 year wait to have the plug pulled too soon (again). Or for a new entry in the franchise (released in Japan or otherwise) to split the community.

With that said, we're in a completely different time for gaming now. Games are supported a lot longer, even with relatively small communities & PSO2 has proven to be a success. It will likely support it's self for a long time.

But given the history, I do have my concerns.

@Valyn Good to know, the more whales a ship has, the easier to get things in the market.

@Devmen I wish the forums had a love post button or up vote button! I plan on making it my main game also. I truly had more fun in the 2 day closed beta then I have in years on other games.

@AnonMarc said in Do you plan to buy AC when the game launches:

@Rantious Do take this with a huge grain of salt but people have said PSO2 was suppose to last 10years but since its been so popular and it makes up a huge % of SEGAs income they extended that by 5years. If this is true then we can expect game shutdown by 2027. Which seems like a decent amount of time imo. Again big grain of salt with this info as i dont have a source.

Yeah, for sure, I think I'll eventually put something into it but want to see how far I can ride w/o.

Paying for a Hunter's Guild License back on PSO Xbox was... A bit of a turn off. But we see, maybe there will just be some amazing QOL enhancement that's impossible to go without.

As for the lifespan, that doesn't really concern me much - private servers have and will always be a thing so there will a way to get your fix even after the official servers are dead and buried.

@SpookyOh said in Do you plan to buy AC when the game launches:

@Devmen I wish the forums had a love post button or up vote button! I plan on making it my main game also. I truly had more fun in the 2 day closed beta then I have in years on other games.

They have a "bookmark" (?) button that has a little heart next to it. Not sure exactly what the function there is outside of letting you personally comeback to a post. Click the little ellipsis button on the bottom right (at least on mobile). As far as I can tell there's no up/down vote mechanic on the forums.

Considering the amount of money people have spent on dcuo, even though it's mostly rehashed content, I'd say this game will be worth spending money. Just do it in moderation.

@Rantious said in Do you plan to buy AC when the game launches:

@SpookyOh said in Do you plan to buy AC when the game launches:

They have a "bookmark" (?) button that has a little heart next to it. Not sure exactly what the function there is outside of letting you personally comeback to a post. Click the little ellipsis button on the bottom right (at least on mobile). As far as I can tell there's no up/down vote mechanic on the forums.

It exists on the platform that hosts the forum, but it hasn't been implemented (yet?). Might be added.

i suggest getting in contact with microsoft perhaps to get some kind of commitment on the game after the butt balling they LET us take with marvel heroes.

that being said i had 500$ ready to rip for the closed beta but there was no ac shop.

@MEGAF1UX said in Do you plan to buy AC when the game launches:

i suggest getting in contact with microsoft perhaps to get some kind of commitment on the game after the butt balling they LET us take with marvel heroes.

that being said i had 500$ ready to rip for the closed beta but there was no ac shop.

Why would the AC shop be in a 1 day closed beta test?

A game needs to at least be in a soft-launch state before they start selling timed items that require being online to get the most out of it.

I am getting very confused.. I know Sega made the game, but isn't ours ran by Microsoft? that is why we don't use sega IDs to log in? I keep seeing people just blame Sega non stop for things. Not saying Microsoft did anything bad! I loved the game so much , give back please.

About the AC shop, I caved in and checked the Japan server.. to see their AC shop. I reallllllly hope ours is the same! I will buy so many things @_@

@John-Paul-RAGE because some of us dont like our characters CONSTIPATED for hours on end? i mean they could have just left the pass locked but still let us bottom out our inventory and storage plus AC scratch tickets, additional mags, and all the other stuff that ISNT on a timer (it wouldnt exactly be rocket science to pause anything on a timer anyways)... its not like the data doesnt carry over into release or anything.

@MEGAF1UX said in Do you plan to buy AC when the game launches:

(it wouldnt exactly be rocket science to pause anything on a timer anyways)... its not like the data doesnt carry over into release or anything.

This would a really bad idea that would have had more negative impacts than positive.

Scene 1) Ship one just opens, people buy lots of AC during the shaky server start, charges get made no good received, servers go down for 5 hours. Bad

When you launch the CBT client, it states that the game may not even be playable. There have been many Closed tests that require a rollback.

Scene 2) CBT allowed AC purchase. Something bizarre happens, allowing players to obtain things they shouldn't be able to. Servers get taken offline temporarily to restore a previous state. People riot over losing purchased stuff. Bad

Not releasing premium content during a closed test is always the safest choice, especially when it is only for 1 day and won't be available to play again for weeks.

I need to see what kind of support the game will have. Also need that pc release to happen. I refuse to play the game on xbox