Game just won't start?

I finished the the install and update of the launcher recently, turned off my computer to go to work after I played a few hours and now I can't even get the app to launch. It won't even bring up the launcher. It just ignores my clicks. After a 30 hour install for the launcher I was hoping it would be smoother sailing...this is such a bumber...anyone have any fixes for this? Trying to repair the game through the app settings at current but it seems to be doing nothing so far EDIT: I installed the tweaker and it did get my game to start.

Edit 2: did notice it seems like I'm getting a lot of empty text boxes? Unsure if the tweaker was related to that. Also I cant launch the game through the icon but can through tweaker?

I'm having the same issue, tbh, after a 45hr download, so, I feel your pain. Apparently some people are saying having the Tweaker helps, but, I had it, and it still corrupted/deleted itself. You need to delete all the files, which is a mess in and of itself, and redownlaod... The entire game. That's about the only solution I've found after looking through the internet for way too long.

@Lantearia wow...well this blows. Guess I will just wait for a Ps4 release at this point then. Man this is depressing as all get out.

I'm having the same issue. Yesterday I played just fine, but today the game will just not launch. Not even the launcher. I tried the PSO2 Tweaker, even got to their Discord servers (they are super friendly) but nothing helped. Does anyone have any solution? My internet is super slow, so uninstalling and downloading the game again is not an option, unfortunately. And I guess it shouldn't be.

Hope this would help you:

Right click on the game and go to the app settings, try to repair depending on your pc is going to take a while,

if that wont work restore the app , that is going to clear all updates, restart your pc and go to C:/programfiles/windowsapp/mutablebackup and delete the folder that's inside (if there's no folder just check that pso2 is 11gb with right click app configuration)

then download pso2 tweaker here: https://na.arks-layer.com/

READ THIS IS IMPORTANT: https://na.arks-layer.com/tweaker-install.html

when you finish dont close the tweaker click on troubleshooting and let it check all the files it may take a while depending on your pc.

then is ready to play close the tweaker and launch it via microsoft store or direct access

Cya in game and Gl

@Wild-Mota thank you! Will try running a repair and going from there. This is my first time really getting into gaming on a PC so hopefully I dont need to go rooting around the files

@Wild-Mota said in Game just won't start?:

Hope this would help you:

Right click on the game and go to the app settings, try to repair depending on your pc is going to take a while,

if that wont work restore the app , that is going to clear all updates, restart your pc and go to C:/programfiles/windowsapp/mutablebackup and delete the folder that's inside (if there's no folder just check that pso2 is 11gb with right click app configuration)

then download pso2 tweaker here: https://na.arks-layer.com/

READ THIS IS IMPORTANT: https://na.arks-layer.com/tweaker-install.html

when you finish dont close the tweaker click on troubleshooting and let it check all the files it may take a while depending on your pc.

then is ready to play close the tweaker and launch it via microsoft store or direct access

Cya in game and Gl

Thank you very much, I will try this once I get home. I hope it works 🙂 thanks for taking the time to help us out

@NoticedGlobe861 just to let you know downloading the tweaker in general did help! I got the thing set up in a few minutes and I am currently in the game playing

@JadeGraph737597 said in Game just won't start?:

@NoticedGlobe861 just to let you know downloading the tweaker in general did help! I got the thing set up in a few minutes and I am currently in the game playing

Thats nice! 🙂 I downloaded the Tweaker, tried all the fixes and troubleshoots there, but still, when I click on Launch PSO2, nothing happens.

Ok, the weirdest thing happened. The game was installed on D > WindowsApps > Mutable Apps. Now there is a Mutable Backup folder with 3 PSO 2 folders in it, taking 170 GB of space. How did this happen? What should I do? Which one should I delete?

@NoticedGlobe861 you can delete everything in the mutable backup folder. MS store use that as a place holder when they duplicate the game file in there from MutableApps or ModifiableWindowApps. I had to reinstall the game everytime when i need to play now. MS store and nProtectGameGuard causing more issues that they are trying to prevent cheater and competitors

@BlackWhiteKS said in Game just won't start?:

@NoticedGlobe861 you can delete everything in the mutable backup folder. MS store use that as a place holder when they duplicate the game file in there from MutableApps or ModifiableWindowApps. I had to reinstall the game everytime when i need to play now. MS store and nProtectGameGuard causing more issues that they are trying to prevent cheater and competitors

Oh my God, this is a mess... 🤕 If I have to uninstall and install it all over again, do I have to download the 60GB again?

@NoticedGlobe861 unfortunately, yes. I have 2-3 days ahead of myself to redownload the game, personally...