Extend Mission Pass Season 3 / Provide Extra Stars

Summary: The game released on PC on May 27th, with 2 weeks left on Season 3 of the mission pass.

Detail: This means there only 2 of the 4 waves of Weekly and Tier Missions available to new players. Additionally several of the Tier Missions (which give the most points) are limited to Very Hard / Advance / Ultimate quests that are initially inaccessible to new players. Even if they are able to level up quickly enough, there aren't enough stars available in 2 weeks to complete a mission pass, and with the launch problems the number many players can earn is reduced further.

Why this matters: Loss of server income. Many new players would use a gold ticket if they could progress further into the season.

Basic suggestion: Keep Season 3 running until the following maintenance (two weeks later), giving an additional two weeks of Weekly and Tier missions that would be sufficient to complete the pass.

Alternative suggestion: Simply give all players 100 stars (10 tier levels) as an extra login bonus, or if that's not mechanically viable, make the normal daily orders for the last four days give 6 (+5 over normal) stars for the last week for +100 total. This has the additional benefit of not delaying season 4 and the income from gold tickets for that.

So the new Weekly and Tier missions arrived, and I think if PC players have done everything so far (foregoing learning the game at a sensible pace to rush to 50 in the first week) they'll finish season 3 on tier 23.

That's... not very fair. Especially since tier 24 is a noteworthy one for having the only emote in the season and not even in the gold section so PC players are set to be swindled out of even more free unique content unless we spend $1.25 worth of a primarily paid currency for the half a tier level we'll be short by. Not that there's any excuse for not letting us reach tier 30 either, but this just makes it worse.

So I've edited the last post to adjust the numbers and I'm bumping this to ask again - Can there please be at least a small extra provision of stars or an extension of the season to not treat all the new PC players as second class yet again? After everything they've suffered (and after all the waiting before that!) there really needs to be a good gesture to make things right for PC players specifically and this would be one way to contribute to that.

I support this ❤ PC players should be given a fair chance to complete it too. I feel like it'd be easy to extent the time left. I think Mission Passes being limited time in general kind of sucks honestly 😕 2 weeks has always felt too short to me.

They're normally 4, it seems?

• Season 1 was 17 March to 14 April (28 days)
  • Season 2 was 14 April to 12 May (28 days)
  • Season 3 is 12 May to 9 June (28 days)

That's the issue really. It seems from a PC player's limited experience that every day provides 5 daily missions worth 1 star each and every week provides 5 weekly missions worth 1 star each. Then tier missions (refreshed in line with weekly missions) are a little more variable but for the two weeks we've had so far there seems to be around 8 worth 6-9 stars each.

This means for anyone who was able to start on launch day, we'll have 14 days' of daily missions (70 stars total), 2 weeks of weekly missions (10 stars total) plus two of the four sets of tier missions; the combined total of which is just not enough to complete the season.

It is good to see that normally seasons have some leeway. If the tier missions are normally at this volume and star reward, seasons could always be completed in 3 weeks. So it's just frustrating that that same sense of generosity and consideration hasn't been given to PC players joining a season halfway through.

You could spend sg and skip

@Miraglyth said in Extend Mission Pass Season 3 / Provide Extra Stars:

tier 24 is a noteworthy one for having the only emote in the season and not even in the gold section so PC players are set to be swindled out of even more free unique content unless we spend $1.25 worth

@Ship04 said in Extend Mission Pass Season 3 / Provide Extra Stars:

@Ship04 said in Extend Mission Pass Season 3 / Provide Extra Stars:

Imagine having to pay just because the game made it impossible for you to complete it

Ultimately this never happened... I have to say this is quite an unfriendly way to introduce PC players to the game. I suppose the only remaining element of the suggestion is to not do this to any subsequent platforms that get the game.

@Miraglyth I really hope at the very least they will quickly redo them 😕 Or even have them running concurrently. Getting out things fast is fine, but if they keep it so limited, it's just going to turn people off more than anything.

"My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined"

I did end up buying 1 tier just for the emote lol but still, I am disappointed.