Is chat broken?

@TaishiFox have you solved the issue? Got the same problem with chat also

@leireen2020 Nope. As I said previously it's not about the setup for Xbox Live so I have no idea to be honest.

I had another Microsoft account and checked out the options I should have, and it's there on my other account. When I logged into PSO2, I can see chat. It is 100% due to my account not having the ability to change those options, even though by default they are set to "allowed".

"You can communicate outside of Xbox Live with voice & text Decide whether to communicate using voice & text with people on gaming services outside of Xbox Live, such as PC and PlayStation."

By default this is set to allowed, but I don't even have any of the options under this section for this account.

I'm still currently waiting for Microsoft support to fix my account.

@TaishiFox said in Is chat broken?:

No one ever seems to talk in chat and even when I speak I don't get any response..

I think I found a solution, but idk if it fix forever... Go in the option, try chat option and disable chat in the same area , enable it again. When I did that, its fixed my probs for today.

@CrumpetZone said in Is chat broken?:

I had another Microsoft account and checked out the options I should have, and it's there on my other account. When I logged into PSO2, I can see chat. It is 100% due to my account not having the ability to change those options, even though by default they are set to "allowed".

"You can communicate outside of Xbox Live with voice & text Decide whether to communicate using voice & text with people on gaming services outside of Xbox Live, such as PC and PlayStation."

By default this is set to allowed, but I don't even have any of the options under this section for this account.

Well I do have the options and it is set to Allow so... no it doesn't work nor make a difference.

@I-UsagiTsuki-I said in Is chat broken?:

No one ever seems to talk in chat and even when I speak I don't get any response..

I think I found a solution, but idk if it fix forever... Go in the option, try chat option and disable chat in the same area , enable it again. When I did that, its fixed my probs for today.

Didn't work for me 😕

@TaishiFox

@CrumpetZone said in Is chat broken?:

Well I do have the options and it is set to Allow so... no it doesn't work nor make a difference.

It worked for me as I tested it on a different account to figure out why this was happening in my case and I did narrow it down to not having those sections as MY issue. If it doesn't work for you, then your issue***** IS MOST LIKELY****** something else then, but it might just help some other people dealing with a similar problem. It doesn't mean it doesn't make a difference just because it didn't help you.