Is chat broken?

No one ever seems to talk in chat and even when I speak I don't get any response..

i noticed the same issue but never really payed attention to it since i only logged in while waiting for ship 4 to work on setting and options

all the chat text i have seen would just come up as a box with .... in it,maybe a quest or order is needed to be completed to chat to avoid bots/money sellers? would like to know this also~

Guess no one's going to answer, bit like the chat ingame.. lol

I've seen a few people trying to sell Meseta. I have seen a couple actual messages before, but I do also see a lot of "......" as well.

@Qwid1339 said in Is chat broken?:

I've seen a few people trying to sell Meseta. I have seen a couple actual messages before, but I do also see a lot of "......" as well.

I don't think that's people who do the dots. However, I've not seen anyone trying to sell Meseta, or say anything for that matter.

I have just submit a post / ticket. I cant chat in game in any way.

the ..... messages seem to play at random from nowhere like they did on japanese servers.

I can't chat with anyone either. Makes this game seem like a shitty singleplayer since you can't communicate with anyone

@Dravalos Yeah its a bit lonely! I cant figure out what is wrong with it, ive tried everything there is online from previous issues

@Scottielee91 I checked through all of the settings and I can't find anything that would help with this issue either. I can't even tell if people can read the messages that I send

They cant, i joined an alliance and asked them. Its full on radio silence for some people.

Well at least these responses confirms I'm not the only one.

So i think i figured out my problem. It is the Xbox privacy settings, my account is bugged and does not have the correct settings to change them. It has to be raised with XBOX support.

When i log into privacy settings i dont see "Other Can:" which is where you change the communication settings. You should all check this and if its missing log with Microsoft /xbox support.

Bumping as this was my issue as well, I spoke to an Xbox support agent and it's something to do with a bugged account that they've been dealing with but can't fix unless you let them know. I'm missing field options in the "Others can:", "<user> can:", "Microsoft can" sections. Currently escalated for internal investigation/fix.

@Scottielee91 said in Is chat broken?:

So i think i figured out my problem. It is the Xbox privacy settings, my account is bugged and does not have the correct settings to change them. It has to be raised with XBOX support.

When i log into privacy settings i dont see "Other Can:" which is where you change the communication settings. You should all check this and if its missing log with Microsoft /xbox support.

This interesting. Might look into it and see if I can resolve my issue. To be honest I think the fact that it has bugged for you is more of a you problem but we'll see once I work out where these settings are lol..

Ok I found the settings and "others can" relates to Xbox Live communication NOT PSO2

"Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites

Decide who on Xbox Live to communicate with using voice and text, and who sends you invitations to parties, games, or clubs."