Free space system requirement ~300GB !?

Windows store 11GB

Files: Backupfolder: the 11GB installation 2x 60GB Files

Mutable foilder in Windows apps ~70GB

PSO2_bin in ModifiableWindowsappfolder ~70GB

11+60+60+70+70 = 271 GB

The MutableBackup folder would normally have nothing in it, but the Windows Store does not recognize the files downloaded by SEGA's PSO2 launcher. It believes the files are then corrupt and shunts them off into the MutableBackups folder as backups.

From what I can tell, the folder in the Mutable folder is a shortcut, not actually taking up the space it says it does.

I actually recorded the state of all these folders upon my third fresh install so I could keep track of it. I installed it onto my D drive, so this is how it turned out:

D:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps - pso2_bin (68.6 GB, 93,538 Files, 7 Folders)

D:\WindowsApps - 1 100b oxyna folder (10.9 GB, 98 Files, 3 Folders)

D:\WindowsApps\Mutable - Empty

D:\WindowsApps\MutableBackup - Empty

C:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps - empty

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps - 1 100b oxyna folder (10.9 GB, 98 Files, 3 Folders)

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Mutable - 1 100b oxyna folder shortcut (68.6 GB, 93,538 Files, 7 Folders)

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MutableBackup (Empty)

This post is deleted!

@Milkie-Mouse I've been having troubles with deleting game, and made a lot of mistakes several times. after forum scaning i've found info of those oxyna folders. it took me some time and many mentioned folders were empty, but there were several oxyna's and i want to know if those are correct ones ede7f6c7-93fc-4558-861e-91ac3b9cc728-image.png thanks in advance

yes, those folders are the game's folders. Delete them to free up space. You might need to take ownership of them if it doesn't let you delete them. You also have to make sure to uninstall it from within Windows' Apps page, also, or it will keep re-downloading it. You should also open Task Manager and make sure Gaming Services isn't running when you go to delete those folders, since that will prevent the game from being removed also if it is running.

If you're still actively playing, Windows Store will screw up and put files in here periodically that need removed, the ones in MutableBackup should be safe to remove. To be honest, I respect MS footing the help getting PSO Global to happen, but the store's been a total mess, and for that I recommend if you're still playing to consider moving to Steam. It has none of these installation issues. HOWEVER, if you do, don't delete your windows store install immediately, Steam version uses Steam to login with, and as convoluted as it may be, you need the Steam and Windows Store builds both installed to link accounts.

@Ragnawind thanks a lot! i've "deleted" it wrong way, but i'll check all of those

@AHall1983 yes, i know about need of both versions, and i've overcame regional block already, it's only question of space to transfer + i kind of liked MS for it was easy to record via xbox assist tools, and i'm not sure if it'll be possible with steam and yes, after i clear space for it i'll reinstall game, it just wouldn't update which is why i deleted it thx a lot

@Hijikata-Toshir said in Free space system requirement ~300GB !?:

easy to record via xbox assist tools, and i'm not sure if it'll be possible with steam

Do you have an NVIDIA Graphics Card? If so, you can use NVIDIA to record with ease. I think by default, the button combination to start and stop recording was ALT+F9. ALT+Z will bring up the NVIDIA Overlay to check the settings.

@Hijikata-Toshir said in Free space system requirement ~300GB !?:

@AHall1983 yes, i know about need of both versions, and i've overcame regional block already, it's only question of space to transfer + i kind of liked MS for it was easy to record via xbox assist tools, and i'm not sure if it'll be possible with steam and yes, after i clear space for it i'll reinstall game, it just wouldn't update which is why i deleted it thx a lot

Oh yeah the Xbox game bar is recording on the Steam build just fine 🙂

@Ragnawind well, I play with laptop, and it isn't that powerful. i'll probably drop if game rises reqs

@AHall1983 that would be great! i definetly don't want to manage recording from keyboard while playing with gamepad

@AHall1983 @Ragnawind thanks a lot! i freed 120 GB space!