2nd password reset

I need to reset my 2nd password as the one I set apparently isn't valid, been waiting for a response and nothing over a day so far. I've spent money on the game and would be nice to use the market feature atleast

At the top of any of the PSO2.com pages, there's a button that says "SUPPORT," hover over it and go down to "CONTACT US."

Once you login there, click on the "Submit Request" link left of your Xbox Live name at the top of the page. Then choose "Item Shop Password Reset."

@coldreactive I already have lol been waiting a while now

@RONIN4133 said in 2nd password reset:

@coldreactive I already have lol been waiting a while now

Just going to have to keep waiting I'm afraid.

How long can it take

@silverdragon886 From what I have heard, it can take from a day to a week.

all normal company do this servise in auto mode but this is not for this game omg what a bullshit.........

@BakaOji Might want to shut up, you're letting the stupid leak out.

@silverdragon886 to quote a smart user, @AndrlCh said in 2nd password reset:

It looks like there is some issue with Steam-only users being able to log-in to the support site. If you linked your Steam account to a MS store PSO2 account, then you can just log-in with your Microsoft/XBox account at the support site, but otherwise it looks like it is just a matter of waiting until they fix that.

Also, the support company is American. There might be no support on the weekends.

@TrueBlue2020757 said in 2nd password reset:

Might want to shut up, you're letting the stupid leak out.

You must think it's okay to wait more than a week for an answer? Glad for you, keep leaking out "smart" things.

@BakaOji

*First off, it's "service", not "servise".

*Secondly, like your reasoning, it's "a load of bullshit", not "a bullshit.........".

*Third, Sega has never put a MMO on Steam (I doubt they even heard of Steam until they found out how bad Microsoft Store is), so they probably need more than a week to unfuck everything.

*Fourth and lastly, not all normal companies have this SERVICE automated, much less for a Japanese game that has used this system for a decade.

*Damn European garbage.

@FANtasyStarOnline

The fact that in most Japanese games (according to you) there is no automatic reset service does not make such a service good. Because this makes it slow for a number of reasons that completely disappear with automation. Thats how i see it and how i call it.

Listen here, you stupid cow. I didn't say most Japanese games don't have an automatic reset service. I said a decade old Japanese game, which refers to Phantasy Star Online 2. As for the system, I definitely didn't say it was good. There were literally only 2 major points and your dumb dog brain missed both of them.

@FANtasyStarOnline said in 2nd password reset:

Listen here, you stupid cow. I didn't say most Japanese games don't have an automatic reset service. I said a decade old Japanese game, which refers to Phantasy Star Online 2. As for the system, I definitely didn't say it was good. There were literally only 2 major points and your dumb dog brain missed both of them.

Honestly I wouldn't bother responding to him

@FANtasyStarOnline

I do not know which of us is smart or stupid, but unlike you, I have never insulted you, which means I am at least cultured. I said the lack of automatic reset is bullshit, you start to describe the excuses for this, but I don't care how many reasons the SEGA has.