Have SEGA finally realized that MS Store is killing their PC launch in the West?

@Leonkh99 said in Have SEGA finally realized that MS Store is killing their PC launch in the West?:

And, in regards to complaints about lack of communication on matters, are only allowed to say what Sega of Japan tells them or may not know everything which Sega of Japan has in mind.

I kind of figured that. People on here hoping the GM's will start spouting off upcoming details and news are going to be waiting an awful long time. They keep the peace, that's about it.

Thanks for the detailed post!

@Qwid1339 said in Have SEGA finally realized that MS Store is killing their PC launch in the West?:

@Leonkh99 said in Have SEGA finally realized that MS Store is killing their PC launch in the West?:

And, in regards to complaints about lack of communication on matters, are only allowed to say what Sega of Japan tells them or may not know everything which Sega of Japan has in mind.

I kind of figured that. People on here hoping the GM's will start spouting off upcoming details and news are going to be waiting an awful long time. They keep the peace, that's about it.

Thanks for the detailed post!

The GMs are honestly trying their best given what they have to work with. Mind you, i'm not saying it should excuse the lack of information regarding certain things or in general how long it takes for information to even come out, but the GMs or most of the Community Team are not entirely at fault given how little Sega of Japan gives them to work with as well as what I can presume to be an endless list of things falling under Non-Disclosure Agreement.

@Remi said in Have SEGA finally realized that MS Store is killing their PC launch in the West?:

I wish i knew why they gave us the same one that had problems in JP like seriously you already fixed these why not give us at least a little better start

There's not much to think about regarding this tbh... its pretty simple... cause its what the developers made and what the game uses in Japan. The NA version is not recoded from scratch or anything like that... its literally the JP version with parts removed, some extra content added, some functionalities and features moved around. Phantasy Star Online 2; Game, Launcher, etc, are all a 'package' and thats what we got...

But they could of gave us SEA's version which was already in English

Word on the street is the SEA version was terrible.

@Remi The NA version is a newer version, its based on Episode 6's client and is only 'gated' to appear like as if it were the older versions, albeit with lots of Episode 6's features. In comparison, while the SEA version was still on Episode 2 (around "version 2"), JP was on Episode 4 (around "version 4"). It was already in English yea and indeed large majority of the well translated parts were taken from Sega of America's original cancelled 2013 version... but the rest is a horrible translated mess and lots of 'find and replace' was applied to make series terminology more generic (Monomate = Health Drink, Force = Wizard, etc). Also since we were discussing the launcher... it did still use the same launcher as JP albeit modified.

Keep in mind also... whether they used that version or not has little to do with the issues going on now... simply using an older version does not automatically fix the issues relating to Sega's implementation of MS code calls, App Manifest issues, etc... thats all Sega's improper setup of the game installer on the MS Store.

As a very quick comparison... here is the JP launcher for Episode 6: PSO2JP_PC_-_Launcher.png

and here is the NA launcher: PSO2NA PC - Launcher.png

For comparison with SEA here is the old JP launcher: PSO2_JP_Launcher.png

And here is the SEA launcher: PSO2_SEA_Launcher.png

I took a look at the store this morning and it looks like Microsoft removed a couple hundred more reviews

I hope so. It's turned out to be kind of a mess and a lot of players are using workarounds.

Instead of just the MS store, they should have also placed it on their Xbox Game Pass for PC. Since it still uses your Xbox (microsoft account) and I've tried Gamepass and it works very well.

I do feel like adding the launcher to that as an option would have fixed a lot of things. Hell, people may even subscribe to try gamepass for other stuff. It's more of a Win Win situation for everyone.

EDIT: It actually is on Xbox Game Pass, for some reason, it would not appear on the search function. Carry on, nothing to see here 😁

@Remi said in Have SEGA finally realized that MS Store is killing their PC launch in the West?:

The thing i find funny is these are the exact issues JP had on release

Huh, what? Definitely not, many of the issues with the NA version never happened on the JP version (I've been playing the JP version since the 2nd alpha test).

The issues are definitely with Microsoft and its store, but if Microsoft actually made a properly working and configured OS out-of-the-box, these issues wouldn't exist. It is as if Microsoft uses their own properly configured computers to test these apps before posting them on the Store, but a lot of people don't have them set up properly, since you have to be tech-saavy and do it yourself after Windows is first installed to do anything right without issue.

I never had any of the issues people are having with the store, but I spent time messing around in the OS and with files right after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and haven't had issues with anything in general. As people have pointed out before, though, even having a fresh install of Windows 10 can have issues, but that is because of the poor out-of-the-box configuration they do with installation.

People have mentioned to me to come back in a few days and tell them if it still works fine, and so far, it does. No corruption, no deleteion, still loads fine, and I even fixed the lobby lag for the game by bypassing the launcher.

I want to say it’s both segas and Microsoft’s fault .

We all know the store has its problems and a lot of problems but people can’t just say it’s Microsoft’s fault . Sega should of got a beta , a stress test something along those lines . Even if they had used ship 4-6 locked only for pc for like a beta week or something so they could of ironed out these problems and had a much cleaner release (not gonna say it would be perfect all major launches have some sort of hiccup but prehaps if they had done this maybe in April they could of had many of the problems solved by release )

@Ezodagrom said in Have SEGA finally realized that MS Store is killing their PC launch in the West?:

The thing i find funny is these are the exact issues JP had on release

Huh, what? Definitely not, many of the issues with the NA version never happened on the JP version (I've been playing the JP version since the 2nd alpha test).

Same and they did happen like the lobby lag and more not every issue but alot

@Remi When complaining about the MS store related issues, we're only talking about issues from outside of the game itself, like downloading, installation, permissions issues, game refusing to open or game deleting itself. Most of these issues are only happening in the NA version, and the ones that did happen on JP were either far easier to workaround or weren't as problematic (except that one time the JP version's preload broke and started deleting stuff outside of the game, but that wasn't at launch anyway, and they stopped doing preloads after that).

But yeah, some of the issues happening on NA, they're a result of mixing the JP version awful launcher with the even worse Microsoft Store and its restrictions, some issues wouldn't be as bad and would be easier to workaround if there was a standalone release or a release in other digital platforms (like Steam).

About the lobby lag, the stuttering on NA is far worse than the stuttering on JP anyway.

@Ezodagrom said in Have SEGA finally realized that MS Store is killing their PC launch in the West?:

@Remi When complaining about the MS store related issues, we're only talking about issues from outside of the game itself, like downloading, installation, permissions issues, game refusing to open or game deleting itself. Most of these issues are only happening in the NA version, and the ones that did happen on JP were either far easier to workaround or weren't as problematic (except that one time the JP version's preload broke and started deleting stuff outside of the game, but that wasn't at launch anyway, and they stopped doing preloads after that).

But yeah, some of the issues happening on NA, they're a result of mixing the JP version awful launcher with the even worse Microsoft Store and its restrictions, some issues wouldn't be as bad and would be easier to workaround if there was a standalone release or a release in other digital platforms (like Steam).

About the lobby lag, the stuttering on NA is far worse than the stuttering on JP anyway.

what lobby lag and why are you guys downloading from MS store tweaker already fixed all that.

@Remi You're replying to a post from 2 days ago, from before the tweaker was fully ready for NA.