Have SEGA finally realized that MS Store is killing their PC launch in the West?

I was wondering as to whether they have finally realized that the MS Store and its issues cannot be fixed, at all, ever. Even if the game files don't get automatically deleted or corrupted, there is the issue where the UWP app that is used for Xbox login doesn't appear so you still can't play the game.

How long before they realize that the only solution is to release the game standalone or on another gaming platform that JUST WORKS such as Steam or EGS?

Until they leave the MS Store behind them, the problems will NEVER go away and it will remain a perpetual mess for half the players wanting to play, even 12 months from now it won't be any different if they stick with the MS Store.

The MS store was a dumb idea. Hopefully it will deter others from using it.

You do realize microsoft paid for it all to even be in the US sega has nothing to do with it lolol.

Sega's hands are probably tied, as there is most likely some sort of exclusivity deal to be on the MS Store since MS bankrolled the North American release.

There will always be people who have issues with a game launch on PC. There are just far too many PC hardware/software combinations to not have issues.

I had no problems downloading the installer and having it unpack/download the remainder of the game. No issues playing the game when I can actually get into my Ship. I do realize many are not so lucky though and that's unfortunate.

@Qwid1339 said in Have SEGA finally realized that MS Store is killing their PC launch in the West?:

There will always be people who have issues with a game launch on PC. There are just far too many PC hardware/software combinations to not have issues.

I had no problems downloading the installer and having it unpack/download the remainder of the game. No issues playing the game when I can actually get into my Ship. I do realize many are not so lucky though and that's unfortunate.

I played fine first 2 days then today my game uninstalled it self. The thing i find funny is these are the exact issues JP had on release but people are blaming Sega when it's all Microsoft for buying it, funding it, and getting it over here.

You wouldn't even see it out West if it wasn't for Microsoft but go ahead hate on them. SEGA are more to blame for not testing things ahead of time and on top of that didn't even bother to add more Ships with the launch of PC.

@PhantasyStar369 said in Have SEGA finally realized that MS Store is killing their PC launch in the West?:

You wouldn't even see it out West if it wasn't for Microsoft but go ahead hate on them. SEGA are more to blame for not testing things ahead of time and on top of that didn't even bother to add more Ships with the launch of PC.

That's not Sega's fault, Sega literally handed them an early build their hands are tied. Everything else is up Microsoft. I didn't need it here I've played on JP all the way still do thanks to PSO tweaker which works to launch both NA and JP.

@Remi said in Have SEGA finally realized that MS Store is killing their PC launch in the West?:

@Qwid1339 said in Have SEGA finally realized that MS Store is killing their PC launch in the West?:

I played fine first 2 days then today my game uninstalled it self. The thing i find funny is these are the exact issues JP had on release but people are blaming Sega when it's all Microsoft for buying it, funding it, and getting it over here.

Your not making a lot of sense here. If these are the exact issues JP had with the launch of the game over there, don't you think Sega is the same one running things out here? Unless of course you thought Microsoft was running the show out in Japan too. Microsoft paid for the translation and the exclusivity. No idea what else they got out of the deal. Sega is running the servers obviously. I can't tell you why your computer decided to uninstall the game because that is just bizarre. I've gamed a long time on PC and never heard of that happening.

It's common if you look up on reddit its wierd one min im doing a SH mission next min im here reinstalling. It's Sega's server build but everything right now is ran through Microsoft. Hence the shitty Microsoft store and more. Sega made the game and runs the JP end but over here They don't get full control. Like the fact we are waiting till june 10th to get any fixes when Tweaker already fixed lobby issues and xbox doesn't have as many issues.

Sega has to run the games launch through Microsoft, which they don't have to do in Japan. Microsoft's launcher does suck and it does like to throw all of its files into a read only directory which in itself is just weird but can be circumvented. Sega even avoids this and creates the install directory in a completely different folder on the same drive after the initial installer is downloaded. The entire installation process is just weird so I can see why people are having issues.

I just have no idea where things went wrong since I downloaded the game a few hours after it was available and had no issues. Did they swap out the installer with a completely different fubar'd version after this? I'm stumped.

@Remi Correction... Microsoft is very 'hands off' in terms of PSO2's management. Microsoft at best:

• Hired Lionbridge Technologies to do localization.
  • Gave SEGA a discount to use their MS Azure servers if not outright use them for free.
  • Requested the game be ported to Xbox One and have its PC version made available on the MS Store.

However everything else from:

• The creation of NA exclusive content.
  • Porting to Xbox One.
  • Day to day management of the server software (UQ times, Block Numbers, What ships open, down to even what video is playing on the lobby screens) which merely RUNS on the MS Azure platform.
  • Setting up the PC version to use Xbox Live features.
  • Putting the game on the MS Store, integrating its features, setting up the folders required, folder permissions, app manifest, etc.

All that is SEGA of Japan and the same team who are already handling the JP version. Now as for English communications, that would be ESTsoft who:

• Have the GMs.
  • Are Customer Support.
  • Handle social media accounts.
  • Design the website and handle its content, forums, etc.

And, in regards to complaints about lack of communication on matters, are only allowed to say what Sega of Japan tells them or may not know everything which Sega of Japan has in mind.

As for the topic... like many have said, there's probably an exclusivity deal going on there and SEGA's hands are tied. A release on Steam and maybe having other platform versions like say... the PlayStation 4 port (Nintendo Switch 'version' has about... 1% chance of coming to the West for reasons I have explained over and over again...). But for now... its all about Microsoft and Xbox for who knows how long...

I was fine till today and today just had nothing but problems IDK what is going on like you never heard a game uninstalling it self till now. Some people said its reinstalled it self 3 times.

@Leonkh99 the microsoft store isn't on Sega. Microsoft bought the rights so even if you wanted to say that microsoft has exclusivity until Tweaker team breaks it which is hopefully soon or we get a year to go buy and get this on another platform like steam.

@Remi , the MS Store has its issues yes and admittedly the game should have been available via some other method; be it a standalone launcher or a Steam release.

However at the same time, it was still Sega manning the MS Store's PSO2 page, how the files are downloaded and so on. The issues are caused by mishandling on their end in regards to the app manifest (what folders need to be created and what permission they should have) as well as issues with their own launcher in general (some of which are issues present in the JP version... but not many people know cause very few use the JP launcher).

I wish i knew why they gave us the same one that had problems in JP like seriously you already fixed these why not give us at least a little better start