Correction... Microsoft is very 'hands off' in terms of PSO2's management. Microsoft at best:
- Hired Lionbridge Technologies to do localization.
- Gave SEGA a discount to use their MS Azure servers if not outright use them for free.
- Requested the game be ported to Xbox One and have its PC version made available on the MS Store.
However everything else from:
- The creation of NA exclusive content.
- Porting to Xbox One.
- Day to day management of the server software (UQ times, Block Numbers, What ships open, down to even what video is playing on the lobby screens) which merely RUNS on the MS Azure platform.
- Setting up the PC version to use Xbox Live features.
- Putting the game on the MS Store, integrating its features, setting up the folders required, folder permissions, app manifest, etc.
All that is SEGA of Japan and the same team who are already handling the JP version. Now as for English communications, that would be ESTsoft who:
- Have the GMs.
- Are Customer Support.
- Handle social media accounts.
- Design the website and handle its content, forums, etc.
And, in regards to complaints about lack of communication on matters, are only allowed to say what Sega of Japan tells them or may not know everything which Sega of Japan has in mind.
As for the topic... like many have said, there's probably an exclusivity deal going on there and SEGA's hands are tied. A release on Steam and maybe having other platform versions like say... the PlayStation 4 port (Nintendo Switch 'version' has about... 1% chance of coming to the West for reasons I have explained over and over again...). But for now... its all about Microsoft and Xbox for who knows how long...