How do sub palettes work?

Can I not have 2 palettes of the same weapon but with different skills?

Yes, you can. Also Sub-palettes are the slots around your weapon palette. Your weapon palette an also have the same weapon with different skills.

Sub-palettes:

alt text

Weapon Palette is below. It has the same harmonizer in the first and second weapon palettes. (Yes, I only have one harmonizer in my inventory.)

alt text

It's also worth noting that you can switch between sub-palettes by opening the weapon palette switch menu and then pressing G or H.

@Viiyen thank you thats where I was getting confused at.

After a few quest you are given a total of 6. (You can also buy extra on the shop.)

I still for the love of PSO2 can't switch this stinking sub-palette menu from 3 to 1 or any number, locate the hotkey, nor can I change the hotkey to TAB instead.

G and H swap the highlighted sub-menu skill. Nothing more and nothing less, even on the edit menu.

(Alienware with potato graphics, keyboard.)

Just a side note, Call Up Sub-Palette does absolutely no functionality at all.

Open the weapon switch, THEN G or H to swap to sub-pallette changer

in the chat window, you can type /spal1 or /spal2, /spal3 etc. this will change the current subpallete to the number. there is also a menu for chat shortcuts where you can assign things like a subpalette switch with a weapon swap (and a camo swap) all at once.

@MasterDarkwingz Numpad 7, 8 and 9 can switch the first 3 sub palettes without any extra input. I keep a secondary sub palette to activate the toggle skills or for whatever else I don't use too often but want to keep at the ready.

I set my sub palettes like so:

1 for class skills, movement, utility, and moons.

2 for boosters, foods, and movement