Wait......what the actual eff....

So while waiting this painful long which in no way compares to the 8 years i waited to play this game.......i decided to make a new character on another ship aka server........to my dismay i found out that in the entire account you can only have 3 characters unless you buy more thru AC.........ive played i think over hundreds of MMOs and i have NEVER seen an MMO put a restriction to entire account character creation except wow but that number is big and only cause they got like 50 servers. Really?? i can see 3 per ship but 3 per the entire account??? talk about terrible decisions.......well i was gona go to another ship and wait out the sh*tstorm currently above us with ship #2 literally half dead guess ill go play something else for now......they are lucky this game is loved by many, cause currently not many like microsoft store at the moment.

Wait until you find out that buying another character slot doesn't persist if you then delete a character meaning if you buy 1 slot, have 4 characters and then delete one, you now only have the 3 free slots again and would need to buy a 4th character again if you want to make one.

Having 3 characters in PSO2 is more than enough. Seeing as how you can master all the classes on one character, making another is purely just for customization for another toon. If you've played MMOs in the past you'd know there have been games that have done this exact same thing. For example FF11, you would pay more per month having more than 1 character. It sucked, but having 1 character able to master every class and being forced to pay for more character slots wasn't a terrible issue to just stop playing the game. To each their own, I'm loving the game personally but I'm not here to try to make you stay. 😛

I dont think you can master all classes unless im wrong, as far as i know you can only main 1 class and mediocre have a second as a subclass, but never experiencing the true potential of the main class which takes a slot of the 3 slots you are allowed. So in essence you can only play 3 main classes.

@Magnet You can freely change you main and subclasses and level every class on one character

Only drawback is you have to have multiple mags to support all the major dmg types.

@Magnet you can change the class and subclass of your character at any moment and each one has their own level, also advanced classes require to you master other classes up to a certain point in order to access then, also is only the character slots that has that problem, inventory slot once unlocked goes for all characters, so having only 3 slots is more than enough for this game when 1 character can do everything

@Exormatic said in Wait......what the actual eff....:

Only drawback is you have to have multiple mags to support all the major dmg types.

Which is what, one for p-atk, one for r-atk, one for t-atk, one for dex? You get one mag for free, so the "all classes in one" character will wanna get three more. Or if you're interested making three characters anyway, you could just get one additional mag on one of them instead.

@Magnet said in Wait......what the actual eff....:

So while waiting this painful long which in no way compares to the 8 years i waited to play this game.......i decided to make a new character on another ship aka server........to my dismay i found out that in the entire account you can only have 3 characters unless you buy more thru AC.........ive played i think over hundreds of MMOs and i have NEVER seen an MMO put a restriction to entire account character creation except wow but that number is big and only cause they got like 50 servers. Really?? i can see 3 per ship but 3 per the entire account??? talk about terrible decisions.......well i was gona go to another ship and wait out the sh*tstorm currently above us with ship #2 literally half dead guess ill go play something else for now......they are lucky this game is loved by many, cause currently not many like microsoft store at the moment.

You never played FFXI did you? It only had one slot and you had to pay monthly for each slot. It actually increased the subscription fee of the whole account and was not just a one time charge. So 3 slots sounds fine to me the way the class switching is setup.

@Glomoro you get 3 mags for free, the 3 slots you have to create a character start with a mag and the storage is shared between characters so you can just throw the other mags there

Depends tbh . Do any class relie on swapping from melee to ranger or tech to melee for exsample? I know like some use formulas like jet boots but surely a pure mag in either tech or a atk would work for say the jet boots?

@RagnarokSlayer said in Wait......what the actual eff....:

Depends tbh . Do any class relie on swapping from melee to ranger or tech to melee for exsample? I know like some use formulas like jet boots but surely a pure mag in either tech or a atk would work for say the jet boots?

I'm not sure what it is in NA, but according to the old JP guides, the Jet Boots could benefit from S-ATK or DEX Mags.

@Jamesmor Mags are character-bound and cannot be transferred between characters. They technically don't even count as items.

@RagnarokSlayer The only classes that use all three Pwr types are Hero and Phantom, and those have Mag Skills that make it a non-issue. Jet Boots can work with a MEL-Pwr, TEC-Pwr, or DEX Mag with no issue, just needing to make sure to get the Switch Strike Skill if using a MEL-Pwr one.

@Magnet said in Wait......what the actual eff....:

If you've played a lot of games like this one you'd expect a limit on character creation by now... lol, tera, closers, etc. and theres nothing wrong with having to buy more characters seeing as how you can make a huge profit if you do ingame.

@AndrlCh said in Wait......what the actual eff....:

@Jamesmor Mags are character-bound and cannot be transferred between characters. They technically don't even count as items.

@RagnarokSlayer The only classes that use all three Pwr types are Hero and Phantom, and those have Mag Skills that make it a non-issue. Jet Boots can work with a MEL-Pwr, TEC-Pwr, or DEX Mag with no issue, just needing to make sure to get the Switch Strike Skill if using a MEL-Pwr one.

Ah there we go then . Then only need 3 chars with 3 pure mags and you could in theory play every class . You’d just have to level say braver twice for example if you wanted to play around with katanas on one char and bow on another