What the fuck is SEGA doing?

Are they simply unaware that Ship 2 is basically down and has been for a majority of the day at this point?

Why is there no communication on this? What's the problem? What's currently being done to fix it? What's the ETA on that fix?

For those of us that have spent real money on this game already and currently watching their premium set tick away without even being able to play the game, this is an issue.

The fact that this has been going on a majority of the day and not a word has been spoken regarding even just an acknowledgement of a problem existing is an issue.

The fact that someone, anyone, can't take 5 minutes to pick up a phone, log into the official PSO twitter page, and type 140 characters is an issue.

Anyone who has played MMOs long enough knows that this is a predictor of what you can expect from the company whenever issues arise and typically bleeds over into every other section of the game. Is the server down outside of the maintenance window without any indication of emergency maintenance happening (like now)? Silence. Patch broke a build and it's basically god mode? Silence. Patch broke an entire class and it's basically useless? Silence. Cash Shop introduces something that is universally hated by the community for any number of reasons? Silence. Treat the sickness, not the symptoms. Terrible communication is almost never a one-time occurrence and is an indicator of sickness at the highest levels.

Again I feel the need to ask, especially for those of us who are dipping our toes into an MMO supported by SEGA for the first time...

SEGA. What the fuck are you doing right now?

As someone who has run support & community for online games before (Champions Online, Star Trek Online, Second Life, Wargaming NA) you are completely right. There is no excuse for the lack of communication. Technical issues will happen and some are very difficult to solve. But silence is never a good option.

@Itesh said in What the fuck is SEGA doing?:

As someone who has run support & community for online games before (Champions Online, Star Trek Online, Second Life, Wargaming NA) you are completely right. There is no excuse for the lack of communication. Technical issues will happen and some are very difficult to solve. But silence is never a good option.

They posted like less than 24 hours ago tho?

What do you want? An in detail of everything?

And no, I can't play either, also it deleted my PSO2JP client too.

@Shirokami07 said in What the fuck is SEGA doing?:

What they posted 24 hours ago has absolutely nothing to do with the issues occurring now which is 100% the point of this thread.

Unfortunately, this is run completely different than other games, like those you mentioned. SEGA JAPAN are the ones that do all the server work. The communication is done through a 3rd party that can only say something when the ones in charge (SEGA JAPAN), give them permission to as well as what to say. That is pretty difficult with an english support team and a japanese dev team and it takes time.

@Shirokami07 said in What the fuck is SEGA doing?:

no, people just want them to acknowledge that a whole populated server went under, as far as we know as of 24 hours ago, all they knew was that people can barely install the game through the microsoft store let alone deal with the lag in the lobbies.

ship 4

also ship 4

It's been 5 hours since these issues occurred, could we at least get a message of "We're investigating this"?

I'll take an answer in Japanese too. I know how to use Google Translate. I'd be mighty pissed if I actually wasted money on this game and couldn't even log into my characters. As it stands, I'm just mildly annoyed.

Of course right after I make this thread I manage to log in to Ship 2.

Like we've been seeing, there are only 9 blocks online: 1, 12, 37, 63, 64, 101, 117. 127, and 135.

SEGA's last post was 5H ago concerning lobby lag which is already fixed by forcing the game to boot via the executable vs the launcher.

Concerning the dev team being in Japan and obviously disconnected from the US support staff, any competent C-suiter should've seen and accounted for this roadblock.

This lack of communication is absolutely unacceptable and the community shouldn't attempt to make excuses for this behavior.

@Burn-One-Twice said in What the fuck is SEGA doing?:

Of course right after I make this thread I manage to log in to Ship 2.

Like we've been seeing, there are only 9 blocks online: 1, 12, 37, 63, 64, 101, 117. 127, and 135.

SEGA's last post was 5H ago concerning lobby lag which is already fixed by forcing the game to boot via the executable vs the launcher.

Concerning the dev team being in Japan and obviously disconnected from the US support staff, any competent C-suiter should've seen and accounted for this roadblock.

This lack of communication is absolutely unacceptable and the community shouldn't attempt to make excuses for this behavior.

And as soon as you run a quest and try to get back into the lobby it will probably kick you offline. The servers have been garbage during the day in the US, and semi-tolerable at 2am in the morning.

Personally I would like an update of them narrowing down the issue.

Or releasing a file download outside of the store so people can get in while they fix the issues.

@Burn-One-Twice said in What the fuck is SEGA doing?:

Are they simply unaware that Ship 2 is basically down and has been for a majority of the day at this point?

Why is there no communication on this? What's the problem? What's currently being done to fix it? What's the ETA on that fix?

For those of us that have spent real money on this game already and currently watching their premium set tick away without even being able to play the game, this is an issue.

The fact that this has been going on a majority of the day and not a word has been spoken regarding even just an acknowledgement of a problem existing is an issue.

The fact that someone, anyone, can't take 5 minutes to pick up a phone, log into the official PSO twitter page, and type 140 characters is an issue.

Anyone who has played MMOs long enough knows that this is a predictor of what you can expect from the company whenever issues arise and typically bleeds over into every other section of the game. Is the server down outside of the maintenance window without any indication of emergency maintenance happening (like now)? Silence. Patch broke a build and it's basically god mode? Silence. Patch broke an entire class and it's basically useless? Silence. Cash Shop introduces something that is universally hated by the community for any number of reasons? Silence. Treat the sickness, not the symptoms. Terrible communication is almost never a one-time occurrence and is an indicator of sickness at the highest levels.

Again I feel the need to ask, especially for those of us who are dipping our toes into an MMO supported by SEGA for the first time...

SEGA. What the fuck are you doing right now?

Giant corporate circle suck?

This post is deleted!

@Antastan said in What the fuck is SEGA doing?:

The problem is that they released the game on pc AND let those $%$%$§% PCers play on our ships. now those $%$%§$&§ PCers are lagging and overloading our ships. thats the only problem.

it was originally on PC; hell, it was used on pc/ps4, and then sega decided "oh hey xbox is big in the west, let's do that instead for the NA release."

ships shouldnt be overloaded in the first place, if anything there should have been a stress test for PC, but because no one knew about it prior to the beta, the only information the devs got about PC player anticipation from a poll was to xbox players asking if they'll play on PC.