Material Storage

How would you guys feel if the last tier (lvl.35) in the mission pass was the Material Storage?

Would you be more inclined to spend star gems (even buy a premium pass/mission pass) if you knew that you could earn a pass valued at 300SG? Perhaps you find that after earning that material storage you start getting into harvesting which is aided by using SG for recharging energy? Perhaps instead of people never paying for you material storage, they are now buying your mission pass and premium because they know that they can earn it eventually and enjoy your game to it's fullest and be more inclined to spend on cosmetics.

Sega/Microsoft, I know you guys must have a low CPI because you hardly do any marketing so put those resources towards aggressive retention while the iron is hot. I feel like considering these options can help ARPDAU which would be a shame letting your conservative UA and organic installs go to waste, but you guys already know that 😉

I agree with the OP for material storage and just all the rental stuff. I want to see permanent options. I would buy all permanent options but wont buy rentals.

@Merelambasted said in Material Storage:

How would you guys feel if the last tier (lvl.35) in the mission pass was the Material Storage?

Would you be more inclined to spend star gems (even buy a premium pass/mission pass) if you knew that you could earn a pass valued at 300SG? Perhaps you find that after earning that material storage you start getting into harvesting which is aided by using SG for recharging energy? Perhaps instead of people never paying for you material storage, they are now buying your mission pass and premium because they know that they can earn it eventually and enjoy your game to it's fullest and be more inclined to spend on cosmetics.

Sega/Microsoft, I know you guys must have a low CPI because you hardly do any marketing so put those resources towards aggressive retention while the iron is hot. I feel like considering these options can help ARPDAU which would be a shame letting your conservative UA and organic installs go to waste, but you guys already know that 😉

And don't forget that sweet sweet EBITDA at the end of the day. 😸

o/ =^.^=

Take a look at Path of Exile, that games doing great financially, new content rolls out every few months like clockwork, and all the inventory upgrades are ACCOUNT WIDE, permanent, and usable on every game type (Standard, season/league only characters, hardcore etc) I've happily put some money into buying storage space in that game, and they have more than earned every dollar I've spent because of the hours I've gotten out of the game. They even start you off with 4 or 5 storage tabs as a free user, which is more than enough for casual play until/if you get serious about end game content in any small fashion.

Free to play done properly can be wonderful if done properly, and both attracts and maintains users because they don't feel someones hand in their pocket at every turn. I do like some of the things that Sega is doing with their F2P model (cosmetics being tradable for example) but the inventory stuff alone feels pretty shifty.

@KnightHarb1nger Yes so long as they can be profitable!