So I heard rumors that everything in your storage (and anything not in your character's pockets) will go away when the Closed Beta is done: Please bring proof if it is or isn't true.

I guess in essence I really want to know what we'll going to keep from the beta besides our levels and equipped gear. I'm not sure if this is technical issue or not so I'm not sure if this topic belongs here or not. But I really don't want to spend my last day in the beta, or more precisely 10 minutes, scrambling to grab whatever equipment that I want to carry over with me. Since I'm playing the beta using a different class rather than my true class which I will use when the game officially starts, I want to keep the swords and gunblades I'm holding onto in storage and use them when my true class has the appropriate stats. Also, I'm leaving a few completed Client Orders for my true class as well and I hope they don't go away too, although I don't mind doing them again in my true class. But I am worried about losing everything I collected, except for materials, I don't mind losing those as well.

I'm pretty sure this tweet pretty much sums it up that you will keep everything, including what you are asking about: https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1225222839697104896

That's still... somewhat vague on what you get to keep. Yes, it's pessimistic to believe that "progress" only meant levels and not items, but I guess that's the only evidence we have that they do optimistically mean everything.

So you are saying a rumor that, as far as we can tell, you made up. Is something WE have to prove, or disprove?

One small phrase: cite please.

My brother told me while we were playing, I can only guess he got it from twitter or from one of his friends.

My Uncle at SEGA told me that what the OP is posting is true.

/sarcasm

No real need to be rude.

Honestly, @Guilrel , I would not believe it. Many people would be pissed if those "rumors" were true and I think your brother was wrong. It only makes sense any and all progress will carry over. It doesn't make sense to give us login rewards for the CB that they did if we were to only lose them. Not only that, but for us to retain levels and such if we lose all gear for it and start over for items but not levels.

Yeah, sounds like another tide-pod rumor; designed to cause hurt. (cf. troll)

As far as we know it's only being carried over to open beta. There's no word on what's being carried over to Official release. If anything at all other than the rewards we earn.

@Phloyd78 said in So I heard rumors that everything in your storage (and anything not in your character's pockets) will go away when the Closed Beta is done: Please bring proof if it is or isn't true.:

As far as we know it's only being carried over to open beta. There's no word on what's being carried over to Official release. If anything at all other than the rewards we earn.

Nvm. Can't delete my post.

There is always the chance of someone finding an exploit, that ruins it for everyone. (seen that before) So companies have to be careful of what they explicitly promise. And if you have folks who don't speak English, natively, writing copy, it can get interesting to manage.

But it sure sounds like they are letting us keep everything, where did you see open beta mentioned as a wipe point?

I'm actually surprised they're making it a thing. That we can carry over the character & what not, i was expecting to have to start over seeing as how most of the time that's usually how it is. Which i wouldn't of minded.

I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that inventories/stashes would get wiped. I just think we'll be able to log back on the next time when Open Beta begins and everything will be just as we logged off for the last time during the Closed Beta. Remember, the client we have installed now is basically the finalized version of the game, minus whatever they fix up/update for Open Beta/Launch.

I really don't care, one way or another, I am having fun just learning the game. I almost never get to max level in games, I have too much fun leveling up to stop. Some call it alt-itis, I call it never ending leveling. I never understood folks who sprint to max level, and then sit around complaining about lack of content, when they've just skipped it all.

@Seedenator said in So I heard rumors that everything in your storage (and anything not in your character's pockets) will go away when the Closed Beta is done: Please bring proof if it is or isn't true.:

I really don't care, one way or another, I am having fun just learning the game. I almost never get to max level in games, I have too much fun leveling up to stop. Some call it alt-itis, I call it never ending leveling. I never understood folks who sprint to max level, and then sit around complaining about lack of content, when they've just skipped it all.

That feels like the jobless community that has nothing better to do with their day besides game it up and complain 2 weeks later that there's nothing to do.