The beta so far has been great! I have run into just a few minimal issues. One of those issues is text.
Am I the only one who has noticed a handful of typos and issues related to text display while playing? I have noticed some text cut off in descriptions of client orders and items, as well as typos. Now normally a typo or 2 wouldn't be a big deal as long we can still understand what is being said. But I have noticed much more than a few. with some of them causing the sentence to make no sense. This is a closed beta, so I am wondering, are these issues worth reporting at the moment? I ask because perhaps they are all known issues and will be fixed with an update before the final release. If that's the case, great! If not, I'll try to be helpful here.
In case these are not known issues, here are some examples of the things I have noticed.
- Text box area not being large enough to display all of the text that is supposed to be there, causing it to be cut off. Maybe related to the ability to change the in-game text/window size?
- Random typos in a variety of NPC dialogue and item descriptions.
- Urgent Quest announcements missing words for some reason.
- Random question marks in the middle of NPC dialogue. Rather than a typo perhaps these are some special characters not displaying properly? Like instead of saying, "9★ weapon" it says "9? weapon".
- Some error messages not being translated into English despite having your settings set to English.
Some photos of the above mentioned things.
Urgent Quest announcement random missing word: The top should say, "We are currently preparing a large-scale operation for all ARKS ops to fight in Lilipa - Underground Shafts.
Cofy says my name twice and there is no space between the "Mikuru" and "I".
Unfortuately, these are the only screenshots I have for the moment.
Because errors in text are very small, tedious, and potentially abundant, I figured to report these, it might be best to funnel it all into one thread. That way there isn't a new thread for every mistake someone notices. If you just snap a quick screenshot and post it in here whenever you have time, it might might make it a lot easier to crack down on everything and for the staff to keep track of. Make sure to take note of the context such as the NPC you were talking to or the description you saw it in, and include the context here when posting it. To the GMs, if you would prefer a separate thread of every case, or if these issues are known and do have a fix already please say something!
Otherwise, thank you SEGA for bringing this game to America! It has already brought myself and some friends back together after a long while. Look forward to everything to come.