People need to calm down.

@Lwyu said in People need to calm down.:

@FacetedBead9628 said in People need to calm down.:

@FacetedBead9628 USA IS WORLDWIDE 44D5A609-7E0A-43C7-8DB5-17FE86E6E53D.jpeg

Games released in USA does not mean everyone has it.

Except when it's Call of Duty, WoW, Star Trek Online, Battlefield [insert number here]... You know what i'm not going to list a thousand online games that have US based servers available for the entire world audience.

If you wanna act the clown and imply US servers are for US players only, i'm jsut going to sit here and laugh at you.

Oh wow games that are launched in USA and made available for everyone wow, can you also name the games that were launched in USA and no where else? Cant? Riiiight then. And you chose the big popular ones too nice. Many US games start off for US only, like how many games not from the US are for that country only. Ya learned something today.

Shifting goalposts again. Class act.

@XUL oh great so we are stuck pigeonholed into not getting the fresh start. Its perfectly reasonable to expect a fresh start being available at "launch"

@XUL said in People need to calm down.:

@Kosynth said in People need to calm down.:

@Lwyu because the economy is fucked for most of the newer players

How? The market is created by the players. It's easy for newer players to be given the scraps of the already established.

But the already established sellers charge prices appropriate for already established buyers? I'm sorry are you gonna buy cosmetics and top tier weapons the first thing you do when you start? No? Cant afford it? You werent meant to because you should probably catch up, and do what everyone else did which is buy AC items and sell them or sell the drops you picked up , do dailies, and SAVE, like everyone else did.

@Glomoro said in People need to calm down.:

I doubt they expected such a huge wave of players, since the release was supposed to be NA only, but as we know, many people have changed their regions to access the game regardless.

This is the only part of your post I'm getting stuck on as particularly disagreeable, to be honest. They didn't expect a huge number of people from other regions to flood into a game with US servers now, when everyone does this all the time with US servers for other games and this particular game had a significant community for a long time now basically doing that to the Japanese servers too? I'm sorry, but that's pretty much just a lack of foresight, and the bare minimum should probably have been ships 4, 5, and 6 being opened at the start of PC launch to help mitigate it.

People wanted to use those three, before the game was even downloadable in the Microsoft store. Everyone expected them to be present because it simply made sense. It was a very logical assumption, but then people had to squeeze into 1-3 anyway if they wanted to start playing.

I am unaware of any way to identify the amount of people on the JP server who are actually NA based. In hindsight a PC beta everyone has mention would have been a way to feel this out. But that is in the past and there is no such thing as a "Perfect Launch" for any MMO I've had the pleasure of playing.

this isnt world of warcraft or COD MW where actually ppl flocked in millions in other words You were not prepared !

It again is perfectly reasonable to expect fresh servers to be availiable at launch.

We should be always polite. And hot talking is not productive. But, devs should have expected the big wave. And a lot of problems is not about player numbers.

The problems with installation is all about testing in more different environments. I managed to get it work. But the solution is not trivial to many players.

@Glomoro said in People need to calm down.:

I doubt they expected such a huge wave of players, since the release was supposed to be NA only, but as we know, many people have changed their regions to access the game regardless.

This is the only part of your post I'm getting stuck on as particularly disagreeable, to be honest. They didn't expect a huge number of people from other regions to flood into a game with US servers now, when everyone does this all the time with US servers for other games and this particular game had a significant community for a long time now basically doing that to the Japanese servers too? I'm sorry, but that's pretty much just a lack of foresight, and the bare minimum should probably have been ships 4, 5, and 6 being opened at the start of PC launch to help mitigate it.

People wanted to use those three, before the game was even downloadable in the Microsoft store. Everyone expected them to be present because it simply made sense. It was a very logical assumption, but then people had to squeeze into 1-3 anyway if they wanted to start playing.

I agree with this, it sucks honestly, truly, but some people have 0 chill. Everyone already agreed, that they messed up and yet people are still going on a full more than necessary attack. And not like a regular complaint, theyre sending threats, treating other players like shit, its not okay.

I'm not going to calm down because theres a resonable expectation that the servers would be fresh and not filled with people that had nearly half year head start

Explain whats wrong with people that have a head start? I seriously need to know cuz I honestly could give less of a pint of shit if someone has more gear than I do. I only see eye to eye with you in regards of how badly this is, but I dont get that part at all.

Some people wants to enjoy the game, take their time to learn and stuff, i'm sorry but i don't wanna someone joining the area i'm trying to do a quest and killing everything in 1 hit because they are leveling another character or another class or w/e, this goes also with UQs, i don't wanna my UQ ending in 2min, i know alot of you are just there to gain exp and get out as soon as possible, but some wants to enjoy and learn the fights with everyone else. So yeah, there is a problem about head starts.

It again is perfectly reasonable to expect fresh servers to be availiable at launch.

While this is true, a lot of the players in PSO2 who have played in JP see no issue with already having an economy already in the making. Know that by the end of the year, they plan to have the progress of NA be on par with JP. So a lot of the gear we have now will be very irrelevant.

Except when it's Call of Duty, WoW, Star Trek Online, Battlefield [insert number here]... You know what i'm not going to list a thousand online games that have US based servers available for the entire world audience.

If you wanna act the clown and imply US servers are for US players only, i'm jsut going to sit here and laugh at you.

But the game is literally region locked in the store, to the US.

And Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc. all have data centres in key places worldwide to cater for a global audience (Not to mention they're not MMOs, that can function from bigger, but less spaced out data centres).

You're the one who's being a clown on this one chief.

Oh wow games that are launched in USA and made available for everyone wow, can you also name the games that were launched in USA and no where else? Cant? Riiiight then. And you chose the big popular ones too nice. Many US games start off for US only, like how many games not from the US are for that country only. Ya learned something today.

Poor soul. E97181C4-1802-44DF-B2A8-2B5E1FD4B47D.gif

@Allianc3d said in People need to calm down.:

this isnt world of warcraft or COD MW where actually ppl flocked in millions in other words You were not prepared !

I think they got that already.

32.png

@Zeroika3384 said in People need to calm down.:

I'm not going to calm down because theres a resonable expectation that the servers would be fresh and not filled with people that had nearly half year head start

Explain whats wrong with people that have a head start? I seriously need to know cuz I honestly could give less of a pint of shit if someone has more gear than I do. I only see eye to eye with you in regards of how badly this is, but I dont get that part at all.

Some people wants to enjoy the game, take their time to learn and stuff, i'm sorry but i don't wanna someone joining the area i'm trying to do a quest and killing everything in 1 hit because they are leveling another character or another class or w/e, this goes also with UQs, i don't wanna my UQ ending in 2min, i know alot of you are just there to gain exp and get out as soon as possible, but some wants to enjoy and learn the fights with everyone else. So yeah, there is a problem about head starts.

Youll have people rushing no matter where you go. You"ll have people joining you and killing everything in 1 hit no matter where you go. People also dont tend to 1 shot too often when theyre leveling a character around your same level but even so its not like theyll be able to deal with all the enemies on their own and you'll eventually want to breeze through certain places inevitably.

Even though those arent big issues, if you dont want that, do the mission solo, find a good group, join an alliance, or kick the player if youre the host. You can avoid these things, everyone will want to rush UQ's why? Because they wanna rerun them etc. so that will ALSO be inevitable. You can learn the game without worrying about a soul like others did, its not hard to mind your business and focus especially when people are just simply playing the game.

Imagine to be so dumb to not understand the that PSO2 is only for USA and Canada only. If it so worldwide, why noboy outside of USA and CA can DL the game? They have to switch the server for the windows store. Its like saying JP sever are for china, korea and other because they are in the same "Area".

But anyway USA is not the center of the world. The server are made to be play by US and CAD not EU or China, juste like JP who is only made for people who live in JP.