People need to calm down.

@radio2227 Nah its not hahaha. I could care less about the game, thats the point. It's about what its doing to people's computers. Also, don't act like because people speak seriously they aren't calm; I'm doin great. I started playing a different MMO before this came out with the thought in mind that Microsoft/PSO2 would probably screw this up for exactly the fact that I wouldn't have any stake in a release on such a shit "store".

I simply recognize the total failure of these mega corps to have support for or even test their product before releasing it onto people's systems, and the consequence of such.

That feeling when you have to use external programs like PSO2 tweaker and another tweaker to fix control and fix the files for you.

@EverydayGlobe56 said in People need to calm down.:

Upon further thought I'm definitely not changing my review on Microsoft store or anywhere else. This has been a disgusting failure by the entire PSO2 team and Microsoft (one that should be criminal with what it is doing to computers); And their response afterwards has been equally pathetic. The game has many merits, but both of these companies deserve nothing for the pathetic failure that this has been in its entirety. From their silence, to their pathetic "we see you, we are sorry" response, to their complete lack of action, to the fact that the goddamn game is still sitting on the store avaiable for download while it is doing this to people's systems is beyond outrageous. @GM-Bleed , your words mean nothing with completely empty actions. Your company name is basically a joke here now, and its tied to another company of jokes. You can't release on steam where the files would just be installed normally because you have a nice big exclusive deal with Microsoft.

I don't really get excited for much anymore. I had gotten excited for this. I haven't been waiting 8 years, and I won't be waiting another week. There are better games out there that are solid right now and many of us have no reason to wait on pathetic empty words and actions.

Stop making promises and fix your game, now. Every player lost is a dent in your in game economy and real world profits, and you are losing them fast. Your company character, and your individual character looks silly when you throw empty words at us without any actions to back it up.

3 ships for a PC launch ? no beta test ? no testing on the store before release ? No continued support and communication with fans ?
This is one of the most pathetic launches I've ever seen or been a part of. Have a great day, hope you start caring about your customers.

Although the points you covered are valid, this is a bit harsh to say. GM Bleed has the lovely task of breaking the news on what progress they're planning on making. As previously stated PR is a very messy thing to accomplish as after a disaster there is little room to put forth an apology that doesn't come across as "empty" without making promises that they're unaware they can keep or put into action in a timely fashion.

It is perfectly fine to keep your review as it is a summary of your experience on this matter. However, let's not abuse our words in times where we have other issues in life that has cause for concern.

Last note, NA PSO2 dev's are ACTUALLY listening to us to some extent. It is unfortunate to say that it is too soon to state the degree of which.

@Lwyu said in People need to calm down.:

@Silvanthis said in People need to calm down.:

@Demiture said in People need to calm down.:

Yes there are problems being faced right now

But be fair to the devs in these times - They're working on fixes, and opening extra blocks/ships as we speak.

I doubt they expected such a huge wave of players, since the release was supposed to be NA only, but as we know, many people have changed their regions to access the game regardless.

Log-in issues are due to server maintenance at the moment, and opening new ships by the looks of things. alt text

-- In-game lag at the gate, and other populated areas is (suspected) to be due to GameGuard limiting information, which is extremely obvious to see when there are lots of people logged in, and thus lots of information being limited.

Hopefully the devs can find a solution for this in some way ASAP, and I agree that it is frustrating (Especially with a lack of communication right now); but show them support, not hate. 💕

They were told, they were warned. Imagine a PC game in Japan, ported to Xbox for an Xbox only beta test. They deserve it all.

This comment pissed me off, its like you cant get the thought of PC not being the beta testers for once out of your head. Your head is in all kinds of places right now. They werent prepared, you didn't warn them you complained for a release, and release date, and even when you got one you complained some more. The current players and some PC players Actually took time to warn and tell them this might end up flopping hard. Dont slide your way into things.

Thats not the issue,we already know Microsoft has issues with their store. Many people warned them not having a pc beta test would cause issues,and guess what they were right. Its not just baseless complaints as evidenced by the fact of the issues had. Also quit giving the devs excuses on there behalf.

A FAN Tweaker the FANS came out with a fix for na faster then the actual devs of the game. Im pretty sure his complaints about it not having a beta tests are actual valid complaints/criticism. Most pc players actually said it will flop hard without a beta test. Yah something is wrong when the fans come out with a fix faster then you. Pc players have every right to be mad about how things went. Pso2 os an amazing game and doesn't deserve the treatment its getting by the devs.

@SafeOx322963310 said in People need to calm down.:

@Lwyu said in People need to calm down.:

Yes there are problems being faced right now

But be fair to the devs in these times - They're working on fixes, and opening extra blocks/ships as we speak.

I doubt they expected such a huge wave of players, since the release was supposed to be NA only, but as we know, many people have changed their regions to access the game regardless.

Log-in issues are due to server maintenance at the moment, and opening new ships by the looks of things. alt text

-- In-game lag at the gate, and other populated areas is (suspected) to be due to GameGuard limiting information, which is extremely obvious to see when there are lots of people logged in, and thus lots of information being limited.

Hopefully the devs can find a solution for this in some way ASAP, and I agree that it is frustrating (Especially with a lack of communication right now); but show them support, not hate. 💕

They were told, they were warned. Imagine a PC game in Japan, ported to Xbox for an Xbox only beta test. They deserve it all.

This comment pissed me off, its like you cant get the thought of PC not being the beta testers for once out of your head. Your head is in all kinds of places right now. They werent prepared, you didn't warn them you complained for a release, and release date, and even when you got one you complained some more. The current players and some PC players Actually took time to warn and tell them this might end up flopping hard. Dont slide your way into things.

Thats not the issue,we already know Microsoft has issues with their store. Many people warned them not having a pc beta test would cause issues,and guess what they were right. Its not just baseless complaints as evidenced by the fact of the issues had. Also quit giving the devs excuses on there behalf.

A FAN Tweaker the FANS came out with a fix for na faster then the actual devs of the game. Im pretty sure his complaints about it not having a beta tests are actual valid complaints/criticism. Most pc players actually said it will flop hard without a beta test. Yah something is wrong when the fans come out with a fix faster then you. Pc players have every right to be mad about how things went. Pso2 os an amazing game and doesn't deserve the treatment its getting by the devs.

The Tweaker is a result of years of tinkering with the JP client. It is only testament to the amount of effort and familiarity the fans have dedicated to this game.

Let us not downplay the years of passion other's have put into it, but can we wait to see what Microsoft will do to approach our issues and resolve them in the future. In a timely fashion I hope.

I feel terrible for the GMs in this mess. They have no control over what's going on and can only say what they're allowed to but have to deal with the constant abuse from people who are getting a little too invested into a free game.

@Lorient1755 said in People need to calm down.:

I feel terrible for the GMs in this mess. They have no control over what's going on and can only say what they're allowed to but have to deal with the constant abuse from people who are getting a little too invested into a free game.

This is the unfortunate truth that can't be stressed enough. Although, I won't fault those who have expectations. Ownership of the fault doesn't lie with the customers.

@XUL Agreed. People are justified in being frustrated, I just wish they'd be more productive about it than hurling abuse at people. Make your complaint constructively and then move on to play something else until they fix your issues. Constant complaining won't fix anything.

I don't think asking for information is abuse. Or critiquing the response saying they could do it differently and giving an example of what could be more effective.

@Ship04 You're right. And I have no issues with people doing that. I'm talking about the people literally railing on the GMs and devs about it and hurling insults and hyperbole.

This is an awful take to have, they planned to have the game scaled up to one extra region (NA), but people globally now have easier access to it through the Windows Store and the Xbox one, and the amount of people who have changed their store regions to get the game is probably something they weren't prepared for.

So again, instead of firing hate their way, you can be patient and supportive that they get things fixed.

100 % agree.

@XUL The only thing I said about GM Bleed is that they are being made to look foolish, which they are every time they come onto the forums to tell us nothing other than "sorry, we see you".

Additionally, Yes, everything the GM's have to deal with is harsh; However, people who are old enough have watched the shift from companies being supportive and communicative, to being completely unreachable except for on their social media/forums.

When the company leaves people like GM Bleed sitting here making nonsense comments to the customer base, and customers have no other way to get a hold of them, they are going to shit on the one person they CAN get a hold of.

That being said GM Bleed has nothing to do with why my score will stay at 1. Its purely based on the failure of the PSO team, the response to that failure, and the fact that people like PSO2 Tweaker are doing more and getting further than PSO2/Microsoft have in much less time and with much more open communication.

My game has been running for some time, and its great fun, but the company and the release is as much part of the product as the game itself.

@ZeeeMeee said in People need to calm down.:

That feeling when you have to use external programs like PSO2 tweaker and another tweaker to fix control and fix the files for you.

Honestly this is the problem. Microsoft owns the operating system, the installation store, and has professional licensing for the SEGA software, and the fan-made patcher does a better job.

EDIT: I don't really understand posts like this that are "my game is working fine, nobody else's problems matter everyone calm down"

If we were all silent, Microsoft wouldn't do anything. It's important that we're noisy and complain, even if a lot of us will just faff off to other games while we wait.

@XUL The only thing I said about GM Bleed is that they are being made to look foolish, which they are every time they come onto the forums to tell us nothing other than "sorry, we see you".

When the company leaves people like GM Bleed sitting here making nonsense comments to the customer base, and customers have no other way to get a hold of them, they are going to shit on the one person they CAN get a hold of.

Once again a logical explanation.

Let me reiterate the fact that we were very in the dark on things yesterday only to have today be a more transparent in terms of communication. Here is where I must appeal to your humanity, we should not call out a person for providing at least some acknowledgement in a no win situation. It is an understatement to say we have no idea what it is they are doing or not doing.

Silence does not help them, let's not burn the "sorry, we see you". I'd rather a nod stating we're aware of your issue than to be ignored. Don't shame this gesture.

Additionally, Yes, everything the GM's have to deal with is harsh; However, people who are old enough have watched the shift from companies being supportive and communicative, to being completely unreachable except for on their social media/forums.

That being said GM Bleed has nothing to do with why my score will stay at 1. Its purely based on the failure of the PSO team, the response to that failure, and the fact that people like PSO2 Tweaker are doing more and getting further than PSO2/Microsoft have in much less time and with much more open communication.

My game has been running for some time, and its great fun, but the company and the release is as much part of the product as the game itself.

The game is shit, the devs are shit, the producer is shit, the creator is shit. Literally served us a shit sandwich, then refuse to hear us complain about it. Already refunded the sonic collab pack.