People need to calm down.

@Kosynth .. I think the Russian judge gave that one a 9.2

@FacetedBead9628 said in People need to calm down.:

@Error said in People need to calm down.:

Community Managers should be on high alert in a situation like this. This is what they were hired for, imho.

From what I've seen the PSO2 CM modus operandi is to pop in once a day for ten minutes, kiss ass, say something happening, then bounce for another 24 hours.

PR is a messy business, but I request you still view them as human. No need to abuse their generosity for what it may or may-not be. Never personally met them so I can't tell if they're sincere or not.

@XUL said in People need to calm down.:

Community Managers should be on high alert in a situation like this. This is what they were hired for, imho.

From what I've seen the PSO2 CM modus operandi is to pop in once a day for ten minutes, kiss ass, say something happening, then bounce for another 24 hours.

PR is a messy business, but I request you still view them as human. No need to abuse their generosity for what it may or may-not be. Never personally met them so I can't tell if they're sincere or not.

I don't doubt that the CM is genuine don't get me wrong. But talk is cheap. At this point, i need timelines. DEADLINES.

Had to make sure to add in "This post is a joke, I am not a representative for Sega,PSO2 or any of their affiliates." Cause I don't want randomly banned from forums.

@Kosynth said in People need to calm down.:

@TsundereMuse said in People need to calm down.:

It'd be nice if just one of the GM's could pop in and say "Hey, we're aware that things broke" since generally they only moderate the community anyways.

I do not believe they have a Community Manager established. Then again I just started using the forums today.

I volunteer as tribute!

~insert application+resume ~answer to obligatory community response test question

Hey guys, I just wanted to stop by and say we are aware of whats going on with not being able to play and honestly I'm right there with you, I was gonna slam down a few cold ones and relax and weeb out too.

Just give it time and you'll be anime'ing all up and down the enemies!!!

We don't have an ETA as of yet when servers will be back up. Just know we got you fam! ~end interview

~expects call back

This post is a joke, I am not a representative for Sega,PSO2 or any of their affiliates.

You've heard the man! Sacrifice this person for the Server Gods!

@Zeroika3384 said in People need to calm down.:

@Lwyu said in People need to calm down.:

@Kosynth said in People need to calm down.:

I'm not going to calm down because theres a resonable expectation that the servers would be fresh and not filled with people that had nearly half year head start

Explain whats wrong with people that have a head start? I seriously need to know cuz I honestly could give less of a pint of shit if someone has more gear than I do. I only see eye to eye with you in regards of how badly this is, but I dont get that part at all.

Some people wants to enjoy the game, take their time to learn and stuff, i'm sorry but i don't wanna someone joining the area i'm trying to do a quest and killing everything in 1 hit because they are leveling another character or another class or w/e, this goes also with UQs, i don't wanna my UQ ending in 2min, i know alot of you are just there to gain exp and get out as soon as possible, but some wants to enjoy and learn the fights with everyone else. So yeah, there is a problem about head starts.

Youll have people rushing no matter where you go. You"ll have people joining you and killing everything in 1 hit no matter where you go. People also dont tend to 1 shot too often when theyre leveling a character around your same level but even so its not like theyll be able to deal with all the enemies on their own and you'll eventually want to breeze through certain places inevitably.

Even though those arent big issues, if you dont want that, do the mission solo, find a good group, join an alliance, or kick the player if youre the host. You can avoid these things, everyone will want to rush UQ's why? Because they wanna rerun them etc. so that will ALSO be inevitable. You can learn the game without worrying about a soul like others did, its not hard to mind your business and focus especially when people are just simply playing the game.

No? you wouldn't have that in a fresh new ship that they aren't opening probably because they have no idea how to fix the launcher thingy

You wouldnt have that in a new ship? You wouldnt have people wanting to rush? You wouldnt have people 1 hitting things faster than you? You wouldnt have people ending UQ's in 5 min more or less?... Is this server a godsend server directly maintained by god, made only for the ascended or am I missing something.

Are you serious right now? I didn't get to play the beta but i was watching streamers, veterans playing it, i didn't see people killing the falspawn UQ in 5min rofl, what are you talking about?

You presume everyone knew how to play? Fun fact most streamers are laughed and mocked by the community cuz some of them have no idea wtf theyre doing lol. Also news flash if yoy started fresh on ship 1-3 you'll also be with people around your skill level etc. so it wont be as fast , plus mind you, no matter where you go, AGAIN, you'll experience everything youre running from.

True. However, Honesty forgives a lot of screw up. The customer deserves atleast some form of update, and will only get more and more annoyed without information.

I don't doubt that the GM is genuine don't get me wrong. But talk is cheap. At this point, i need timelines. DEADLINES.

It's only been a couple of hours, I don't think a roadmap is expected for this or anything lol

But yeah, again, I'd like transparency.

People had been begging for a PC beta test for months. They'd been warning that the Xbox stress tests alone were nothing and that the lag and other issues still felt on the xbox suggested the game would absolutely not be able to handle the flood of PC users. The hilarity that was the closed beta when they tried to open one ship alone should have clued them in that they were going about this wrong.

But they learned nothing, listened to no one. The microsoft store is malicious garbage that's actively harming consumer computers and is an overall detriment to the product it's attached to, the lack of a PC beta or stress test makes them look woefully unprepared and incompetent as the game is currently on fire and floundering to hold up under a surge of users, rather than being half empty and barren. Except now, due to their own incompetency, people can't even play the game. They can't log in, and when they do they can't group together or partake in any quests because they can't change blocks. These are, quite frankly, all issues that should have been not only expected, but sampled in a beta test that they decided not to do because they spent months instead ignoring PC and treating it like it was nothing.

Does right mouse button act as "back button" on jp pc version?

@Demiture said in People need to calm down.:

I don't doubt that the GM is genuine don't get me wrong. But talk is cheap. At this point, i need timelines. DEADLINES.

It's only been a couple of hours, I don't think a roadmap is expected for this or anything lol

But yeah, again, I'd like transparency.

No, no it's been three months. Or if you want it another way, it's been what.. Like 60+ hours at this point?

@Nuebot said in People need to calm down.:

People had been begging for a PC beta test for months. They'd been warning that the Xbox stress tests alone were nothing and that the lag and other issues still felt on the xbox suggested the game would absolutely not be able to handle the flood of PC users. The hilarity that was the closed beta when they tried to open one ship alone should have clued them in that they were going about this wrong.

But they learned nothing, listened to no one. The microsoft store is malicious garbage that's actively harming consumer computers and is an overall detriment to the product it's attached to, the lack of a PC beta or stress test makes them look woefully unprepared and incompetent as the game is currently on fire and floundering to hold up under a surge of users, rather than being half empty and barren. Except now, due to their own incompetency, people can't even play the game. They can't log in, and when they do they can't group together or partake in any quests because they can't change blocks. These are, quite frankly, all issues that should have been not only expected, but sampled in a beta test that they decided not to do because they spent months instead ignoring PC and treating it like it was nothing.

I'm sure that a lot of this is down the exclusivity deal with Microsoft, that somewhat may have forced them to only have the beta test on Xbox.

Edit: also I expect that they didn't expect such issues deploying on the Windows Store, after all, the game has been out and functions in JP for many years, so a "beta" isn't really a beta when you're just expanding to different regions

It'd be nice if just one of the GM's could pop in and say "Hey, we're aware that things broke" since generally they only moderate the community anyways.

I do not believe they have a Community Manager established. Then again I just started using the forums today.

Yeah we have a couple gm's they said theyre tryna contact the big boys about the whole situation as much as possible. Theyve always helped out and done their job properly so I cant blame them for being a bit overwhelmed with 20 threads being made per hour and constant reports etc.

@Demiture said in People need to calm down.:

@Silvanthis said in People need to calm down.:

They were told, they were warned. Imagine a PC game in Japan, ported to Xbox for an Xbox only beta test. They deserve it all.

This is an awful take to have, they planned to have the game scaled up to one extra region (NA), but people globally now have easier access to it through the Windows Store and the Xbox one, and the amount of people who have changed their store regions to get the game is probably something they weren't prepared for.

So again, instead of firing hate their way, you can be patient and supportive that they get things fixed.

People were waiting for almost a decade, some played JP, now there's a dedicated native English server, the swarm of players was to be expected.

Not that I am firing hate towards NA team, looking at all the petitions that went on over the years, and the hijack of ship 02 as the English speaking ship, is something to think of.

Ultimately, I completely agree with you, people need to calm down, there are so many things going on, I can't help but feel bad for those poor guys on the team, that will have no weekend this weekend. Just can hope the fixes are finished soon, as bad name can haunt you forever (look at no man's sky, for instance, although, the game is great now, it still bears the stigma).

To me, West (NA) PSO2 is still something unreal!