People need to calm down.

It'd be nice if just one of the GM's could pop in and say "Hey, we're aware that things broke" since generally they only moderate the community anyways.

@Lwyu ... Hehe, they are updating us less than Blizzard when stuff is broken. Which is saying something.

@TsundereMuse said in People need to calm down.:

It'd be nice if just one of the GM's could pop in and say "Hey, we're aware that things broke" since generally they only moderate the community anyways.

I do not believe they have a Community Manager established. Then again I just started using the forums today.

@Lwyu said in People need to calm down.:

@Zeroika3384 said in People need to calm down.:

@Zeroika3384 said in People need to calm down.:

@Kosynth said in People need to calm down.:

I'm not going to calm down because theres a resonable expectation that the servers would be fresh and not filled with people that had nearly half year head start

Explain whats wrong with people that have a head start? I seriously need to know cuz I honestly could give less of a pint of shit if someone has more gear than I do. I only see eye to eye with you in regards of how badly this is, but I dont get that part at all.

Some people wants to enjoy the game, take their time to learn and stuff, i'm sorry but i don't wanna someone joining the area i'm trying to do a quest and killing everything in 1 hit because they are leveling another character or another class or w/e, this goes also with UQs, i don't wanna my UQ ending in 2min, i know alot of you are just there to gain exp and get out as soon as possible, but some wants to enjoy and learn the fights with everyone else. So yeah, there is a problem about head starts.

Youll have people rushing no matter where you go. You"ll have people joining you and killing everything in 1 hit no matter where you go. People also dont tend to 1 shot too often when theyre leveling a character around your same level but even so its not like theyll be able to deal with all the enemies on their own and you'll eventually want to breeze through certain places inevitably.

Even though those arent big issues, if you dont want that, do the mission solo, find a good group, join an alliance, or kick the player if youre the host. You can avoid these things, everyone will want to rush UQ's why? Because they wanna rerun them etc. so that will ALSO be inevitable. You can learn the game without worrying about a soul like others did, its not hard to mind your business and focus especially when people are just simply playing the game.

No? you wouldn't have that in a fresh new ship that they aren't opening probably because they have no idea how to fix the launcher thingy

You wouldnt have that in a new ship? You wouldnt have people wanting to rush? You wouldnt have people 1 hitting things faster than you? You wouldnt have people ending UQ's in 5 min more or less?... Is this server a godsend server directly maintained by god, made only for the ascended or am I missing something.

Are you serious right now? I didn't get to play the beta but i was watching streamers, veterans playing it, i didn't see people killing the falspawn UQ in 5min rofl, what are you talking about?

@XUL said in People need to calm down.:

I do not believe they have a Community Manager established. Then again I just started using the forums today.

They do but given how he responded to a couple things its very apparent some level of upper management put a muzzle on him. He was very careful about how he was saying anything.

@XUL We have 4 "GMs" https://forum.pso2.com/groups/global-moderators and even more "Administrators" https://forum.pso2.com/groups/administrators so someone could easily pop in and say hi as they've done before.

@PhalRepth said in People need to calm down.:

They do but given how he responded to a couple things its very apparent some level of upper management put a muzzle on him. He was very careful about how he was saying anything.

Unfortunate to see that, however I can understand the issue with someone trying to stop the outrage only to get the main impact of it. I can't defend that action though.

Community Managers should be on high alert in a situation like this. This is what they were hired for, imho.

@XUL We have 4 "GMs" https://forum.pso2.com/groups/global-moderators and even more "Administrators" https://forum.pso2.com/groups/administrators so someone could easily pop in and say hi as they've done before.

I fear that idea might have already be stressed. Situations like this tend to lead to hate-spam.

Posting here for those engaged in the thread, and updating the OP too:

Reading a lot of these replies, I do understand your frustrations about the situation, I share those frustrations too!

I'd love there to be more information and transparency about what is going on right now.

However, being mad online isn't going to solve any of that.

ALSO in regards to lag issues, from what I've seen and heard, those issues are partially to do with overpopulation, but it's because of how GameGuard works.

APPARENTLY GameGuard limits the information being processed, which causes some stutters for people, and this is increasingly obvious to see when there are more players, and thus, more information that has to be processed; but that is a completely separate topic again.

In the regards to lag and performance issues, we'll have to hold out for a more solid fix or patch to sort that out - I've seen some loophole methods that have fixed issues for some people, but the methods are a bit sketchy in regards to the game's terms of service

@Error said in People need to calm down.:

Community Managers should be on high alert in a situation like this. This is what they were hired for, imho.

From what I've seen the PSO2 CM modus operandi is to pop in once a day for ten minutes, kiss ass, say something happening, then bounce for another 24 hours.

@Error said in People need to calm down.:

I can't find a reason for their silence either, I hope they give us a definite answer in the future. Till then I suppose we have to keep the pitch forks on well-done.

I volunteer as tribute!

~insert application+resume ~answer to obligatory community response test question

Hey guys, I just wanted to stop by and say we are aware of whats going on with not being able to play and honestly I'm right there with you, I was gonna slam down a few cold ones and relax and weeb out too.

Just give it time and you'll be anime'ing all up and down the enemies!!!

We don't have an ETA as of yet when servers will be back up. Just know we got you fam! ~end interview

~expects call back

This post is a joke, I am not a representative for Sega,PSO2 or any of their affiliates.

I volunteer as tribute!

~insert application+resume ~answer to obligatory community response test question

Hey guys, I just wanted to stop by and say we are aware of whats going on with not being able to play and honestly I'm right there with you, I was gonna slam down a few cold ones and relax and weeb out too.

We don't have an ETA as of yet when servers will be back up. Just know we got you fam! ~end interview

~expects call back

The hero we all needed.

I volunteer as tribute!

~expects call back

Perfection you're hired.