People need to calm down.

Yes there are problems being faced right now

But be fair to the devs in these times - They're working on fixes, and opening extra blocks/ships as we speak.

I doubt they expected such a huge wave of players, since the release was supposed to be NA only, but as we know, many people have changed their regions to access the game regardless.

Log-in issues are due to server maintenance at the moment, and opening new ships by the looks of things. alt text

-- In-game lag at the gate, and other populated areas is (suspected) to be due to GameGuard limiting information, which is extremely obvious to see when there are lots of people logged in, and thus lots of information being limited.

Hopefully the devs can find a solution for this in some way ASAP, and I agree that it is frustrating (Especially with a lack of communication right now); but show them support, not hate. 💕

EDIT 01: Reading a lot of these replies, I do understand your frustrations about the situation, I share those frustrations too!

I'd love there to be more information and transparency about what is going on right now.

However, being mad online isn't going to solve any of that.

ALSO in regards to lag issues, from what I've seen and heard, those issues are partially to do with overpopulation, but it's because of how GameGuard works.

APPARENTLY GameGuard limits the information being processed, which causes some stutters for people, and this is increasingly obvious to see when there are more players, and thus, more information that has to be processed; but that is a completely separate topic again.

In the regards to lag and performance issues, we'll have to hold out for a more solid fix or patch to sort that out - I've seen some loophole methods that have fixed issues for some people, but the methods are a bit sketchy in regards to the game's terms of service

@Demiture said in People need to calm down.:

But be fair to the devs in these times - They're working on fixes, and opening extra blocks/ships as we speak.

I doubt they expected such a huge wave of players, since the release was supposed to be NA only, but as we know, many people have changed their regions to access the game regardless.

Log-in issues are due to server maintenance at the moment, and opening new ships by the looks of things. alt text

-- In-game lag at the gate, and other populated areas is (suspected) to be due to GameGuard limiting information, which is extremely obvious to see when there are lots of people logged in, and thus lots of information being limited.

Hopefully the devs can find a solution for this in some way ASAP, and I agree that it is frustrating (Especially with a lack of communication right now); but show them support, not hate. 💕

They were told, they were warned. Imagine a PC game in Japan, ported to Xbox for an Xbox only beta test. They deserve it all.

@Silvanthis said in People need to calm down.:

They were told, they were warned. Imagine a PC game in Japan, ported to Xbox for an Xbox only beta test. They deserve it all.

This is an awful take to have, they planned to have the game scaled up to one extra region (NA), but people globally now have easier access to it through the Windows Store and the Xbox one, and the amount of people who have changed their store regions to get the game is probably something they weren't prepared for.

So again, instead of firing hate their way, you can be patient and supportive that they get things fixed.

Most of the issues other than lobby lag seem to be on Microsoft, not the devs. The game itself is great you just have to get into it first. Also people are acting like MMO launches ever go as planned. I've seen many in my day and let me tell you this is far from the worst.

This is an awful take to have, they planned to have the game scaled up to one extra region (NA), but people globally now have easier access to it through the Windows Store and the Xbox one, and the amount of people who have changed their store regions to get the game is probably something they weren't prepared for.

So again, instead of firing hate their way, you can be patient and supportive that they get things fixed.

By easier access you mean people not being able to play the game? The errors, the disconnects, the lag, ALL could have been avoided with a PC beta. Hell even a weekend PC beta would have solved this. I'll be supportive once they show they actually care. So far it's all been "soon".

By easier access you mean people not being able to play the game? The errors, the disconnects, the lag, ALL could have been avoided with a PC beta. Hell even a weekend PC beta would have solved this. I'll be supportive once they show they actually care. So far it's all been "soon".

By easier access, I mean it is infinitely easier to download the launcher and game now, than it was for the JP version.

They obviously care about the game, else it wouldn't have survived as long as it has in JP, and it wouldn't have gotten an NA version at all.

If someone changed their region to download the game in a region where it isn't out. They are basically having to send all that data from data centers in the US which they are not really prepared to do because when a game is released globally they have cdns in the supported region. So if they were all using the cdns in the US it just slows it for everyone else for having to send all that data overseas that shouldn't have to be sent overseas.

@Silvanthis I get what you're saying but Microsoft clearly worked out a deal to have some form of Xbox exclusivity window. It could've easily been a year but we are lucky it wasn't so long. Do I need to remind you that it is thanks to them the game is over here in the first place?

@XLSilentNightXL said in People need to calm down.:

@Silvanthis I get what you're saying but Microsoft clearly worked out a deal to have some form of Xbox exclusivity window. It could've easily been a year but we are lucky it wasn't so long. Do I need to remind you that it is thanks to them the game is over here in the first place?

The only reason I'm here instead of the JP game is I want the fresh start feeling. If ship 4 doesn't open today I can promise you i'll be playing on the JP version. I'm not thankful for a pile of shit, i'll be thankful if they listen.

@XLSilentNightXL said in People need to calm down.:

Truth. I am happy over the fact that PSO2 even gets an NA release. When these issues are over and NA has caught up to JP, we'll all forget about the launch being not-to-spectacular.

The only reason I'm here instead of the JP game is I want the fresh start feeling. If ship 4 doesn't open today I can promise you i'll be playing on the JP version. I'm not thankful for a pile of shit, I'll be thankful if they listen.

This is sad to read...

They will be opening other ships later for a clean, fresh start for anyone who wants that in the future, I'm sure - But if you started playing on the NA version and didn't expect any issues with a launch that people globally are flooding to, then I don't really know what to say to you

The only reason I'm here instead of the JP game is I want the fresh start feeling. If ship 4 doesn't open today I can promise you i'll be playing on the JP version. I'm not thankful for a pile of shit, I'll be thankful if they listen.

This is sad to read...

They will be opening other ships later for a clean, fresh start for anyone who wants that in the future, I'm sure - But if you started playing on the NA version and didn't expect any issues with a launch that people globally are flooding to, then I don't really know what to say to you

This game came out in 2012, the issues we are having were already taken care of. All Microsoft had to do was a translation! They screwed that up royally. There is 0 excuse for this crap launch.

This is sad to read...

People could play on xbox from out of US by switching regions. The game has been out for like a month now.

Also "They will be opening other ships later for a clean, fresh start for anyone who wants that in the future" Maybe they should have done that from the start instead of baiting new players on pc into servers filled with people that's already made a bunch of progress. I already spent 210$ on sonic pack and AC for scratches only to find out people have been playing for weeks prior.

This game came out in 2012, the issues we are having were already taken care of. All Microsoft had to do was a translation! They screwed that up royally. There is 0 excuse for this crap launch.

It isn't just a translation at all... There is so much more to deploying the game in other regions than just translating the game.

I mean they were warned by me specifically. = 3=

But no one wants to listen to Zaro and his god-like insight. O _O