Megaserver

One ship to rule them all. ESO has a megasever based on region. WoW even has cross server. Getting locked out of the game because the 1 ship all my chars are on is the only one that's full without any alternative than paying to create a fresh char without all the things my others have on another ship is asking too much.

Mega Servers aren't possible with this system, same as FFXIV. You'll understand when we get shared servers/ships for PvP and survival.

The game doesn't work like that from it's foundations, having other ships is part of the game's monetization system, and (when they open) some other ships will be used for people to have a fresh server to rush through, without any max level characters flooding the economy with their top items instantly.

There are a ton of reasons this wouldn't work, and why other people would dislike it.

@coldreactive off topic. How do you get that fancy sig? I can't find any options in my profile settings. Been meaning to ask you for a while now. Like months at this point.

@Demiture At the very least they could offer free character transfers for the gross inconvenience.

@ChiknAriseMcFro said in Megaserver:

@coldreactive off topic. How do you get that fancy sig? I can't find any options in my profile settings. Been meaning to ask you for a while now. Like months at this point.

It's in my guides & help mega-thread: https://forum.pso2.com/topic/1096/guides-and-help-mega-thread

"Making a Table in your Post/Signature by @coldreactive"

@ChiknAriseMcFro I agree, and I hope they do, but once the issues are solved.

@coldreactive Arigathanks gozaimuch. 🙂

I know it might be challenging but I'm 100% sure they could do like BDO and at least make it so our characters/alliances are not tied to specific servers.

@ChiknAriseMcFro said in Megaserver:

I know it might be challenging but I'm 100% sure they could do like BDO and at least make it so our characters/alliances are not tied to specific servers.

All of the references you've given thusfar ar of MMOs that are open world, and not lobby based.

If C9 and Vindictus had megaservers, then that would be better comparisons.

@coldreactive I'm honestly mildly disappointed that It's not open world. The maps get old fast.

Part of that comes down to Playstation Vita limitations. We may see a change when "Not Episode 7" releases JP side.