Ship 4 is Happening

Nothing will change UNLESS they start offering ship transfers. Many won't leave their server to start new and that includes newbies.

Seems like the Discord is hoping that free transfers will be offered to one of the ships and that the other will be barred so it's a fresh start.

I get the sense that Sega won't have heard that obvious desire for one server to be 100% new, for nothing from prior events/campaigns/seasons to ever get onto the ship, so whichever ship/s they open will either come without transfers or will allow players to transfer onto them and absolutely infuriate all the players who've managed to keep waiting.

I think you significantly underestimate how many people care more about a fresh start than their level 20/30 character. Having transfers available to it (unless they are PC only) defeats half the point.

Since they appear to be opening 4 & 6 then they could however offer a good compromise solution by allowing people to transfer to one, but the other being an entirely fresh start so you're able to both decrease load and offer what many player are asking for.

Meh, I won't bother starting a new char all over again. Everyone who were waiting for this game coming on PC already joined Ship 1-3.

Would be a different story if they released it during the Win 10 launch.

Yeah, people don't want a fresh server to get overtaken by some entire endgame completed alliance to transfer in with max everything and start ruining the economy by selling all the gear possible on the market and also offering free runs or compensated runs to people just starting, while having all the ridiculous benefits of the xbox early release up to now and also the cosmetics.

If one ship is isolated from transfers and one of them has transfers, then that is fine.

@Miraglyth said in Ship 4 is Happening:

Seems like the Discord is hoping that free transfers will be offered to one of the ships and that the other will be barred so it's a fresh start.

I get the sense that Sega won't have heard that obvious desire for one server to be 100% new, for nothing from prior events/campaigns/seasons to ever get onto the ship, so whichever ship/s they open will either come without transfers or will allow players to transfer onto them and absolutely infuriate all the players who've managed to keep waiting.

They really screwed up with the xbox beta only. A crap launch, with crap testing. I don't see this ending well either way.

we did it. And yes they should have one transferable ship, while leaving the other one as untransferable

@AeonXIII said in Ship 4 is Happening:

If one ship is isolated from transfers and one of them has transfers, then that is fine.

It would definitely make sense if this is their solution since they are opening two at once. Here's hoping they do the logical thing.

@GamerKillance said in Ship 4 is Happening:

Nothing will change UNLESS they start offering ship transfers. Many won't leave their server to start free and that includes newbies.

This.

It's not like all 3 ships are full that people are asking for a ship 4. They just want to dodge XBox players AND move their 3 day old characters over to play with other characters that are less than 3 days old.

@Shuggle said in Ship 4 is Happening:

@GamerKillance said in Ship 4 is Happening:

Nothing will change UNLESS they start offering ship transfers. Many won't leave their server to start free and that includes newbies.

This.

It's not like all 3 ships are full that people are asking for a ship 4. They just want to dodge XBox players AND move their 3 day old characters over to play with other characters that are less than 3 days old.

They can probably do something like accounts that were made within the 26-29 can get transfers probably to the two ships, thus giving the players the options between both ships instead of just one.

you shouldn't be able to transfer to ship 4

@Go said in Ship 4 is Happening:

Would be a different story if they released it during the Win 10 launch.

Oh yeah. The depressing thing is, this is not something hindsight could be used an excuse for because a number of us were asking for it long before that point.

OH! By the way, if they do have an untransferable ship 4, they must also allow people to reclaim their "only one per account ever" pickups in that new ship too. Because otherwise some players will still be screwed out of being able to get everything a fresh start should have available.

Personally I am hoping we get those Transfers too. I would like to go to Ship 4 or 6, though 4 does admittedly have a better name "Ansur" as if to be called "Answer" pretty nice if you ask me.

@Moonsae said in Ship 4 is Happening:

you shouldn't be able to transfer to ship 4

Don't allow transfers then those servers will be DoA.