Keyboard or Controller?

Hey all. The only 2 MMO I have ever played was Ragnarok Online for 15 years and FF14 since day 1 using a controller on ps3/ps4.

I have no experience playing a mmo on pc with a keyboard and mouse. I know this game is controller friendly, because of Xbox. I just want to know is it held back any or should I play using keyboard and mouse? I know in most MMO that keyboard and mouse is superior. I tried playing with them, but I felt like I was slugish and slow (I'm not used to WASD movement at all)
Any tips to help improve my skills on kb&m? Or should I just play using a controller if it's good enough?

Thanks!

@T0wnDog said in Keyboard or Controller?:

Hey all. The only 2 MMO I have ever played was Ragnarok Online for 15 years and FF14 since day 1 using a controller on ps3/ps4.

I have no experience playing a mmo on pc with a keyboard and mouse. I know this game is controller friendly, because of Xbox. I just want to know is it held back any or should I play using keyboard and mouse? I know in most MMO that keyboard and mouse is superior. I tried playing with them, but I felt like I was slugish and slow (I'm not used to WASD movement at all)
Any tips to help improve my skills on kb&m? Or should I just play using a controller if it's good enough?

Thanks!

If you have an Xbox controller, otherwise K&B.

The game is actually focused on using a controller over a keyboard and mouse, unlike most MMOs. If you have an X360 or XBOX One controller, it is best to play with that. Other controllers can take some work to get working with the NA version, but are plug-n-play on JP. Keyboard and mouse is best used for chatting and maybe quicker access to subpallete items.

It's kinda like how when someone heals in FF14 with a controller they have to spam that D-pad to select players, but at least the GCD in that game is long enough for it to not be too much of disadvantage over K/M user. In PSO2 there's no GCD so you're likely gonna be slower on selecting items/skills assigned on your hotbar or changing hotbar loadouts in combat over a K/M user. It may be dangerous at times when a healing item is not selected on your hotbar when you need to use it instantly. Other than that, it's not terribly bad but if you want to be competitive K/M clearly is advantageous.

I usually prefer the dualshock controller. I usually use Ds4win does it work for this game? Anyone have any tips for using kbm?

KB/M benefits: Better subpalette access, macros, free aiming, interaction with menu windows

Controller benefits: Lean back while playing (relaxation equals longer playsessions for me), melee combat feels better