Why is PSO2 installed into two different directories?

When I installed PSO2, there seems to be a mirror copy of it on my hard drive.

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Mutable\100B7A24.oxyna_1.0.7.0_x64__wyfsmff9ynw7j

and the other is under

C:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps\pso2_bin

What's going on?

The "folder" in the first location is actually a shortcut that leads to the second location. No data is actually in that first location, aside from a few bytes for the shortcut.

@Ragnawind said in Why is PSO2 installed into two different directories?:

The "folder" in the first location is actually a shortcut that leads to the second location. No data is actually in that first location, aside from a few bytes for the shortcut.

Are you sure? My filetree app says it's taking up 200GB, looked inside and I see the data files and stuff.

EDIT: Trying to delete it right now... The uninstall didn't free up my space. alt text

@Wingo86 said in Why is PSO2 installed into two different directories?:

@Ragnawind said in Why is PSO2 installed into two different directories?:

Are you sure? My filetree app says it's taking up 200GB, looked inside and I see the data files and stuff.

EDIT: Trying to delete it right now... The uninstall didn't free up my space.

It seems you have the issue of it continually re-installing itself. There is only that 11.2GB in the actual WindowsApps folder, though. Here is what it should show if the game is properly installed:

• alt text alt text

The first image shows the Properties for the only folder actually stored in the WindowsApps folder. The second is the Properties of the shortcut folder in the WindowsApps\Mutable folder, which should be the same size as the pso2_bin folder in ModifiableWindowsApps, have a shortcut arrow in the bottom left corner of the icon, and have a string next to File Folder as the type. This string is a folder link used by the system to a UWP app's actual location which is stored in the registry. To confirm that the Mutable folder isn't actually in the WindowsApps folder, you can select all the files.folders in WindowsApps, minus the Mutable folder and then check with the Mutable folder. The value should be the same regardless of whether Mutable is select or not, since the Mutable folder is 0 bytes.

I see. Well deleting the folder freed up 80GB for me in MutableBackup at least.