Launcher patching very slowly?

I just installed the game and am currently getting the remaining 93k files installed, that said it is taking an abnormally long time? Like I've been doing this 16 hours and have only about 25k files. Is this normal? Would ps02 tweaker help with the speed? I'm new to ps02 and PC gaming in general any comments are appreciated thank you

It is normal, since they are using Akamai. There are still tons of people patching the game which slows it down for everyone else.

Is it the same with the 11GB files from ms store? I used to be able to d/l at around 50Mb/s but now it went down to something like 300Kb/s and eventually stopped with the Code: 0x800704C6 error.

@Neri6969 said in Launcher patching very slowly?:

Is it the same with the 11GB files from ms store? I used to be able to d/l at around 50Mb/s but now it went down to something like 300Kb/s and eventually stopped with the Code: 0x800704C6 error.

That is because tons of people are downloading from the MS Store again, esepcially since news of the nnew PSO2 Tweaker for NA.

@Ragnawind said in Launcher patching very slowly?:

It is normal, since they are using Akamai. There are still tons of people patching the game which slows it down for everyone else.

Okay thanks for the info. I read that in a couple places but wasnt sure if it was others having the same issue or just me lol