Official PSO2 Discord when?

@Twinmage That doesn't appear to be official no. I would only assume that once an official one by the NA devs would be listed on the site. Hopefully we hear something about that soon.

Iā€™m a Xbox player an we still used discord but on phones, as a way to stay in contact with (guilds,tribes or w.e) well were at work an what not

@Twinmage From what I see it's a community PSO2 NA discord. If it was official I would've either saw it was a partnered discord or a verified discord. I also didn't see any GMs like GM Bill or GM Rappie. It only has a background on the invite screen due to it having enough Discord Nitro Boosts.

@Twinmage said in Official PSO2 Discord when?:

@Bashea is this not Official PSO2 Discord https://discord.gg/VCg9XZq

@Plazza7020 said in Official PSO2 Discord when?:

@Twinmage From what I see it's a community PSO2 NA discord. If it was official I would've either saw it was a partnered discord or a verified discord. I also didn't see any GMs like GM Bill or GM Rappie. It only has a background on the invite screen due to it having enough Discord Nitro Boosts.

Exactly, and @Twinmage you can tell if it is an official Discord by hovering over the icon next to the name of server in the Server Directory on Discord. If it is community based it will only be labeled as a Discord Partner, and as for official it will say Verified.

I'm in it. I can tell you it's only a fan-made one and not official.

discord offers a series of bad or good behavioral sinks. I think its better if we use the forums instead, since people on discord often make it a game to get attention from others with bizzare behaviors that often are the same because how they communicate on multiple rooms, there is a persistent lack of self awareness that people often have while using discord unless they have a good set of friends who keep them on the level. Often I have seen people try to be smart by stomping stomping sfw rules or forming cliques that can affect mods and policy,

Game devs/gm's can also get harassed by brigaders, when things are not handled with finesse because people have been getting less forgiving on social media. Less tech savy discord users do not notice the "shared" discord feature that tracks them if they share discord servers with the people that look them up so its easy to stalk others. Also there is kids in the chat system so drama is guaranteed unless strict rules are applied.

@Tarkus I agree and disagree with your statement, but if they never made an "official" Discord I wouldn't be upset. I do like coming on the site for information. It brings me back to a few years ago and I really like it. Forums are dying. But with that being said, I would either like the devs to

• A: Make a statement saying that there is no official Discord

or

• B: To make an official one.

@Bashea I forgot to add about the time honored disastrous pressure called instant gratification also being a part of discord. If and when something goes wrong the last thing people need is a mod to ignore the discord just because of someone pushing invasive political memes and overspill discussion from other discords, or pressuring for an game related answer that can easily be put in a thread.

Discord cannot do anything about brigading unless the discord invite is limited. Over here on the forums you have to post in a more refined manner, also there is the other problem of constant phishing scams on discord that the devs cant really fix, atleast here the spam can be removed and blacklisted.

Also forums are not dead, the fan pso2 forum is pretty alive and well. Also your personal data is not at stake, since these forums don't need monetization. The last thing you would want is having kids have their posts get recorded by smarmy investors and social engineers.

But i do see your point, forums are kinda weak when it comes to Q&A's thats why they went for a twitch channel.

@Bashea cell phones help but a discord on xbl would be great

oki then were did get that link form lol i fig i got it off this site @Rzarcasm o well

@Twinmage said in Official PSO2 Discord when?:

oki then were did get that link form lol i fig i got it off this site @Rzarcasm o well

You probably found it upon someone advertising it or mentioning it. No worries! šŸ™‚

I've seen official discords handled well. Usually, calmer fans will put brigaders in their place, so nothing really gets out of hand. It also helps to have volunteer mods, and separate chat areas for "off topic" things.

I realize this may not be the case for every game, but I've seen it handled well elsewhere. Now, I will admit that in the particular game I'm thinking of, the forums of the game are decaying and only seem to have the same 5-10 whiners posting about whatever it is they hate about the game over and over again, so maybe it's more that all the "good" fans moved to the discord to get away.

@Policroma-Sol whiners are everywhere, its just that its easier to see them on a forum because they end up bumping their own threads. Anyways I don't think Microsoft would want to deal with anime fans on a discord, they get kinda raunchy sometimes. anyways "good fans" often are playing the game rather than wasting time on a chat system.

Yeah, I mean I'm perfectly fine with either one. I really enjoy coming to the site for discussions. I would prefer to come to the site for update information, which is why I said in my post that I would like them to post on Discord that they posted an update on the site with the link.