Game won't redownload from windows store

So had issues with the game, resorted to uninstalling it by deleting the files manually as it is the solution I see everywhere, got my space back and all is good.

Game is still in my account when I check the store, however then I hit install... it just does nothing. The store itself isn't completely borked afaik as I can reinstall other apps but PSO2 just won't re-download, I can click install as many times as I want but it just won't do anything. Anyone facing similar issues or has any idea of what is this?

@Rahu132 Hi! There is a couple stuff you can try. Try resetting the cache for the Microsoft app by pressing Windows + R and then typing wsreset.exe and press enter. The window will open itself and you can try again. You can also reinstall the app itself by using powershell its a windows program you already have, just make you start it as admin.

Then paste this: Get-AppxPackage -allusers WindowsStore | Remove-AppxPackage

then after that past this: Get-AppxPackage -allusers WindowsStore | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

(make sure to add * before and after WindowsStore in both lines)

restart your pc and try again. Hope it helps!

(just in case none of these options work you can try checking if you manually added the mutable and mutablebackup folders from wherever you may have deleted it from.)

@solidxgeo said in Game won't redownload from windows store:

(just in case none of these options work you can try checking if you manually added the mutable and mutablebackup folders from wherever you may have deleted it from.)

Well neither of those appear to have worked, although I am a bit confused by what you mean with this one.

@Rahu132 When I deleted the game manually I ended up deleting those two folders. (mutable and mutablebackup in the windows apps folder C : Program Files/windowsapps) from my C drive to make sure I got rid of everything. When i was trying to download the game I would keep getting errors until I realized that I needed to replace those folders that I deleted. So I made a two new folders and renamed them mutable and mutablebackup.

@Rahu132 If all else fails you can try going to your search bar , putting phantasy star 2, rightclicking and uninstalling. It may not work unless you restart your pc and try again. If it dissapears then you should be able to attempt the download again in the windows store.

Ah I see what you mean.

Well I never deleted those folders since I saw they were made long before I downloaded the game, I simply deleted what was inside of them.

As for the latter well that's back to what was my main issue, the game IS effectively uninstalled as it's not detected anywhere in the system and while it is in my library it is uninstalled as installing it is the only option I am given. But when I click install nothing happens.

Glad to hear I'm not alone here. I wonder if it's intentional through the store due to too many download attempts? How many times did you have to install it? I think I'm around 7. I too get an error when trying to install it through the store. I made backups and stuff since I'd already had 6 failures, but the backup won't let me log into an account, as it wasn't launched through the store. 😕

Oh, and if it helps, I can say what hasn't worked so far:

Making sure I'm up to date with windows. Already was from the start, with 2 successful runs at the game (before I restarted my PC and they disappeared)

Changing microsoft accounts.

Reinstalling my store

Changing the drive it installs to, or even the default drive for the store

Backing the game up from a previously saved backup in conjunction with the tweaker

Manually deleting old install bits of the previous installs

Whatever I've tried, I still can't get the store to even let me attempt reinstallation.

also, whoops, this is the same poster as above. I have too many xbox accounts. >.>

First install and uninstall.

I actually went ahead and deleted both mutable folders to see if it would trigger any response from the store but nothing so I restored them (their contents are still gone, obviously).

The funny part is that I don’t even get an error, I just get nothing. I click it and nothing happens.

I think it's like that for me first click. the second lets me pick a drive, then tells me something went wrong on their end.

I had a bit of trouble with something like that along the way, though, and I ended up working around it a bit by selecting the "..." and selecting to install on my devices, selecting my computer, and letting it try to auto sync it. Worked one of the times. Doesn't work for me anymore, though.

I was able to reinstall after manually uninstalling the Microsoft Gaming Services (that were installed during the first install of the game). Run this in an Admin Powershell:

Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.GamingServices* | Remove-AppxPackage

Tiny gods thank you. Thank you for the help. Finally. 14 hours of struggles, and I can start making progress again.

@cfxxl said in Game won't redownload from windows store:

I was able to reinstall after manually uninstalling the Microsoft Gaming Services (that were installed during the first install of the game). Run this in an Admin Powershell:

Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.GamingServices* | Remove-AppxPackage

I must thank you infinitely for your help, it actually worked!