Unable to type in japanese

No chat messages sent using Japanese full-width or half-width are being sent if entered into the that. This includes if you have all language options set to Japanese.

Yep, this also annoy me a lot. I'm lazy enought to not use th Japanese version but would like to be able to chat in Japanese when I would like to. I don't think it's Windows IME the culprit since I can perfectly type my Japanese (so technically you CAN type in JP), but the fields where one enter kana/kanji are emptied when one validates the string.

It's a bit like if PSO2 NA does not support unicode and the form entry sanitize anything that is not alphanum.

So I've since learned that it will work if you set up a message as a shortcut. So there's a workaround, but the issue itself isn't resolved yet.

That's interesting, your resolution by doing it through chat shortcuts also fixes the alt + enter chat bug (that only NA has)

I hope this never gets fixed. I don’t see a reason for anyone to use the Japanese language on the North American server.

If you want to communicate in Japanese, there is a server for that. Otherwise you’re just flashing moon runes across our screens just to be annoying.

And, really, don’t say it is because you want to communicate with your Japanese friends who play NA. I highly doubt they would come to play here. No point. If communication person to person is a big deal, y’all could just use Discord or something.

@Nimble-Banana said in Unable to type in japanese:

I hope this never gets fixed. I don’t see a reason for anyone to use the Japanese language on the North American server.

That's an interesting level of intolerance, are you also going to complain against EU people speaking in their own language because you don't understand it ?

I'm not expecting every players of a Japanese game to be interested in the culture and ergo the language (sorry for the use of a latin word here), but I would have never though some would actually reject it.

That said, rest assured, most of the players that have read enough manga will recognize "moon runes" like バカ.

stop trying to be Japanese then.

@DrabMosquito312 said in Unable to type in japanese:

Not sure what you mean, the matter here is to be able to write in Japanese, not trying to be Japanese.

I'll grant you that if one want to be very good at mastering another language he needs to understand very well the associated culture and this is especially true for Japanese. That said it is obvious that we're not in this context here: If our Japanese level was good to the point that we could try to pass as a Japanese person we would not be playing on an NA server.

To be honest, I think the whole dev team are probably too busy to fix minor bugs and prioritizing the More PC Platform and/or optimizations for their Microsoft Store to not frick the game up and all the while dubbing the EP4 story and content. I just wish they had employed a Community Manager here >.<

There's literally Japanese players playing on the server because they wanted to have some fun with a fresh start but ok.

Hell you can even make the entire text in the original japanese writing but you can't chat in Japanese, it doesn't make sense.

Agreed.

Japanese text, for some reason, works through shortcut words.

So uh, thats a thing I found by accident.

@Nimble-Banana said in Unable to type in japanese:

If you want to communicate in Japanese, there is a server for that. Otherwise you’re just flashing moon runes across our screens just to be annoying.

And, really, don’t say it is because you want to communicate with your Japanese friends who play NA. I highly doubt they would come to play here. No point. If communication person to person is a big deal, y’all could just use Discord or something.

Wow. Just wow.

What if I want to communicate with mes amis français? French is one of the official languages of Canada, and Canada is a part of NA. Even if you don't care about French, you can't use borrowed words like "café" or "fiancé" in chat, and this is English, right?

Seriously, I can't even use Cyrillic in chat. It's like a trip back to the 90s.