For those who are having MS Store Issues: (ARKS Layer Team temporarily resolved it)

@LapisWave Thanks for that hint, and last hope I have to actually run PSO2, MS Store had sucked my soul and removed all joy and anticipation I had ...

Edit : Yeah of course Microsoft, but how is it that the biggest threat to my PC is not an executable on the Internet but your load of crap named MS Store ? 🙄

PSO2 Tweaker Warning

Edit 2 : Sorry, but as much as I appreciate the effort, this is kinda pointless for the NA release since PSO2 Tweaker requires the MS Store install to have succeeded first. Therefore how it could help those having issues with MS Store ?

PSO2 Tweaker Announce

@Utahime39 said in For those who are having MS Store Issues: (ARKS Layer Team temporarily resolved it):

@LapisWave Thanks for that hint, and last hope I have to actually run PSO2, MS Store had sucked my soul and removed all joy and anticipation I had ...

Edit : Yeah of course Microsoft, but how is it that the biggest threat to my PC is not an executable on the Internet but your load of crap named MS Store ? 🙄

PSO2 Tweaker Warning

Edit 2 : Sorry, but as much as I appreciate the effort, this is kinda pointless for the NA release since PSO2 Tweaker requires the MS Store install to have succeeded first. Therefore how it could help those having issues with MS Store ?

PSO2 Tweaker Announce

Unfortunately, they are working hard to make it more easy solution. But this is for those who are struggling to fully install it without missing files or getting files uninstalled directly from NA Launcher. Other best method is to wait for SEGA to actually make official statement to fix this issue.

@LapisWave I've been able to get the game installed now, but now get stuck at the Main Title and the Press Enter Key. Not sure what to do now.

Is the tweaker working? can anyone confirm?

@Zeroika3384 said in For those who are having MS Store Issues: (ARKS Layer Team temporarily resolved it):

Yeah download the 11gb patch off the MS store then run the tweaker patcher

@DukeToma2 Try launching it from the Microsoft Store. It worked for some people.

@DukeToma2 Figured it out. I had to login as the admin account and then launch the game. This allowed me to change the login to my other windows account and play. I needed to do that because I purchased the Ragol edition on the other account.

This only solves the issue for some downlaoding/patching.

So far it doesn't solve the issue if the game files are going to get corrupted or the game uninstalled altogether. Until they can bypass the MS CrappStore completely, this isn't going to be a viable solution.

Even if they bypass the store, there is the problem of logging in. Because at the start screen, the game should prompt for an UWP app to open where you log in, for me that app doesn't start so I can't log in into the game even if everything else worked out.

So unless Windows CrappStore and all the other UWP apps required to play the game are removed and the game is made into a standalone launcher where you log in from the launcher itself, this is not going to be fixed completely.

So far I'm not risking wasting more time just to try this tool out, as it only solves about 30-40% of the issues with the game, until it can claim to solve all 100% of them, then I'm not going to bother.

@Zeroika3384 said in For those who are having MS Store Issues: (ARKS Layer Team temporarily resolved it):

@PhantasyStar369 said in For those who are having MS Store Issues: (ARKS Layer Team temporarily resolved it):

Yeah download the 11gb patch off the MS store then run the tweaker patcher

No, the current NA Tweaker release is only to download the files the launcher would've done and verify/fix some issues with permissions, gameguard, and a few other things.

• Tweaker cannot launch the game, it will tell you that as well. It will open the MS Store and launch the game normally through the sega launcher when it is done
  • It does not resolve the issue with the game uninstalling itself and leaving you with lost disk space after archiving the data files.
  • There are still additional issues that people are still running into with it that are being ironed out.

This is a preliminary release still and requires a very specific installation order and setup. It is not a wholesale replacement. READ THE SETUP GUIDE CAREFULLY, I cannot stress this enough as it really causing a lot of headache as people are continuing to troubleshoot this on discord.

Yeah it still deletes itself. I downloaded the Tweaker, installed the game and when I ran it on the store it downloaded again. LOL. So don't work for me. Whether it deleted itself (I still have all files and no errors clicking them) or everything is just fucked beyond repair. Use at own risk, I'd wait for a fix now from homebase. We really shouldn't having to do all this extra shit just to play the game and that was my last effort there. So good luck to the rest of ya.

@Rise said in For those who are having MS Store Issues: (ARKS Layer Team temporarily resolved it):

Yeah it still deletes itself. I downloaded the Tweaker, installed the game and when I ran it on the store it downloaded again. LOL. So don't work for me. Whether it deleted itself (I still have all files and no errors clicking them) or everything is just fucked beyond repair. Use at own risk, I'd wait for a fix now from homebase. We really shouldn't having to do all this extra shit just to play the game and that was my last effort there. So good luck to the rest of ya.

Did you change your administrator permission in the document? (What I did is DL the game on microsoft store, and befor launching the game I changer administrator permission on the document.) I did the update and its worked.

But make sure you put your PSO2 in a eccpetion mode for your anti virus, if not its will deleted the game when you try to launch it. PSO2 Jp have this prob to if you use the original launcher.

i'll also like this bump lolis* toast!

@I-UsagiTsuki-I Which folder do I add to exceptions?

C:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps\pso2_bin

"Install the game ( 11 GB ) Right click on pso2_bin folder > Properties > Security > Advanced options. Here you have to change the owner (Trustedinstaller) click on Change. Advence > Search : put the e-mail that you're using in your microsoft account/store or your pc account. Then accept the change of owner. After that you'll have to give all permisions to the next ones IN ORDER: ( nº2 with the square icon in the middle of trustedInstaller and System ) and nº7 ( under Restricted one )."

And make sure your ati virus made a eccpetion for pso2_bin document. ^^