How to Manually Uninstall PSO2

Thanks for this thread, I manage to uninstall follow your directions.

So i followed your instructions here and they helped me uninstall the second copy of PSO2 I was installing.(I didn't know that Windows actually DIDNT uninstall the first copy of the game but rather just made the game vanish in your drive while still taking up the space)so now my issue is how do I find the "phantom install"? Its literally taking up all my HDD space so I can't even reinstall the game.

So I'm trying to delete the win32_na file but it's not letting me because it's apparently open somewhere else but idk where. What can I do?

@Awaken_Riceball_

First I want to say THANK YOU very much for writing this guide on how to remove the game, your method got me back ALOT of missing space because I had to reinstall the game and it broke twice which left me with about 130 to 140 gigs of space I had a hard time getting back, so thank you! ❤

That said, your solution wont ultimately fix the overarching problem. I promise you if I install this game a third time, then the problem of the game no longer wanting to start because some how some of it's needed files get deleted is just going to happen again and I'll have to use your method again to remove the game, which is not very appealing.

This is a problem that only SEGA and Microsoft can solve and quite frankly with how long the NA version game has been available to us since release, I do not see them fixing it any time soon unless SEGA pulls the game off the Microsoft Store and choose a better platform, like Steam (which since it is there IP, they have the right to pull it off an ill fit launcher platform like the Microsoft Store), I know it isn't a problem with the game itself, but the fact the issue hasn't been fixed is very much so the responsibility of Microsoft for not having fixed their buggy store, and honestly SEGA has to bare at least some fault for it, if for no other reason then the fact they put their game on the Microsoft Store, other then that, SEGA is fine, I bare them no fault aside from choosing a crummy launch platform.

Thanks again Awaken Riceball, you did a wonderful job ❤

Step 1: Follow the above to completely remove the MS Store install Step 2: Install PSO2 Tweaker from Arks-Layer (at least until the steam launch) Step 3: Follow the instructions and install PSO2 clean using the Tweaker method Step 4: Enjoy the game w/out the MS Store breaking your game, uninstalling your game, etc etc etc.

@Wolf-Moonstar said in How to Manually Uninstall PSO2:

Step 1: Follow the above to completely remove the MS Store install Step 2: Install PSO2 Tweaker from Arks-Layer (at least until the steam launch) Step 3: Follow the instructions and install PSO2 clean using the Tweaker method Step 4: Enjoy the game w/out the MS Store breaking your game, uninstalling your game, etc etc etc.

Problem is, I've already paid real money for the Collaboration Edition of the game from the Microsoft Store, and unless I am mistaken I do not think the Tweaker or Steam version (when the Steam Version comes out) will carry over my character data from the Microsoft Store version of the game as correct me if I am wrong but all character data involving the Microsoft Store or the Tweaker versions use completely separate character data storage systems in the servers, do they not?

@Ootarion3622 As long as you're still playing on the NA servers, you can use the same account on Tweaker. We don't know about steam yet as technically it hasn't been confirmed.

@Lorient said in How to Manually Uninstall PSO2:

@Ootarion3622 As long as you're still playing on the NA servers, you can use the same account on Tweaker. We don't know about steam yet as technically it hasn't been confirmed.

It's still a major nuisance, how did such a bad launch ever happen?

@Lorient said in How to Manually Uninstall PSO2:

@Ootarion3622 468sqd.jpg

From what has been said it is also SEGAs fault.

You know... SEGA isn't the only one having problem integrating their game/app with the Microsoft Store. Google around a bit and you will find many people have issues

I'm having issues with deleting files inside the pso2_bin folder, when I try to delete them it says they're no longer located in that folder, but i can see them right there? I deleted the win and license folders first, but then couldnt delete the pso2_bin folder as a whole so tried to empty its contents like another user suggested, leading me to this error

So far looks like it's working for me! for the uninstall AND removing the Dupe files the game gives you when it "uninstalls" itself. Thanks muchly 😄 your a legend

@Awaken_Riceball_ If you are still active, I wonder if I can ask for a spot of help? I'm following your guide to try and uninstall, but when I get to Step 8, I can't see anything in the ModifiableWindowsApps file to delete. Just, nothing in there. I tried doing what you told TrustyPanda to do as well, but still nothing shows up. And I do have the option to see Hidden Files turned on as well.

The only difference I see in your screenshots vs what I see (in Step 7), is that my administrators access reads as "Full Control" instead of the "Special" that yours does. Is that an important difference maybe?