How to Manually Uninstall PSO2

Yeah cleaning up all the files in the mutable and windowsmodified area is best to get a fresh install, might be worth deleting any files in documents/sega as well to be 100%. Just be aware that the documents area keeps things like your character templates as well so try to save important things like that.

Good job putting this guide up. πŸ™‚

How to REALLY uninstall PSO2...

ron-throws-away-computer.gif

@Nerzarn said in How to Manually Uninstall PSO2:

Yeah cleaning up all the files in the mutable and windowsmodified area is best to get a fresh install, might be worth deleting any files in documents/sega as well to be 100%. Just be aware that the documents area keeps things like your character templates as well so try to save important things like that.

Good job putting this guide up. πŸ™‚

Thank you for the great feedback! πŸ™‚ I am aware that the documents contains saved character templates, it is just not needed when the game cannot launch for the first time.

I'm more curious about the download folder in that documents/sega area. if you notice there's a lot of .pat files related to the launcher/downloader, which may be related. I'm not sure. I know the time I reset it, I also threw the entire pso folder in there out in case.

@SmearyChunk75

The new installation is in progress thanks to you γ©γ†γ‚‚γ‚γ‚ŠγŒγ¨γ†γ”γ–γ„γΎγ—γŸγ€‚πŸ™‡

I don't know if this reinstall will work (depend so much on this crap of MS Store), but at least I reclaimed back 80GB of disk space thanks to your help !

ya i tried change my new apps will save too but keep getting that error code 0x80070005 why let me see other drives if it not going let you use them!!. and try that Packages Security thing did not work as well GG Microsoft store GG hell i got launcher copy it move it too my E.driver then start game there got full download hit start game and can't get past press the enter key i guess why it need be were Microsoft store installs it and move it make it go no no! sorry for my spelling i does mad at this

I am attempting this now, but there's a win32_na folder in the data folder that i cannot delete, says it's in use. I went in and tried to delete all the files in it as well and they're just repopulating. Any help would be appreciated.

@Utahime39 said in How to Manually Uninstall PSO2:

@SmearyChunk75

The new installation is in progress thanks to you γ©γ†γ‚‚γ‚γ‚ŠγŒγ¨γ†γ”γ–γ„γΎγ—γŸγ€‚πŸ™‡

I don't know if this reinstall will work (depend so much on this crap of MS Store), but at least I reclaimed back 80GB of disk space thanks to your help !

Glad to help! Get ready to join in on the adventures and have a good time in PSO2 πŸ™‚

@BitterestFire46 said in How to Manually Uninstall PSO2:

ya i tried change my new apps will save too but keep getting that error code 0x80070005 why let me see other drives if it not going let you use them!!. and try that Packages Security thing did not work as well GG Microsoft store GG hell i got launcher copy it move it too my E.driver then start game there got full download hit start game and can't get past press the enter key i guess why it need be were Microsoft store installs it and move it make it go no no! sorry for my spelling i does mad at this

idk what to tell you bud, the way you are wording it is way to complicated. I cannot make sense of it.

@JRS-REX said in How to Manually Uninstall PSO2:

I am attempting this now, but there's a win32_na folder in the data folder that i cannot delete, says it's in use. I went in and tried to delete all the files in it as well and they're just repopulating. Any help would be appreciated.

Try one of the following:

1. Reboot the computer which will end all PSO2 tasks running in the background
  2. Open Task Manager and end all Phantasy Star Online 2 running
  3. Boot into Safe Mode without networking and see if you can delete the files after doing all I mentioned in the guide.

Best of luck!

@SmearyChunk75 i did this 1 try do change were new content is saved in my storage i wanted local disk E but can't keep getting error code 0x8007005. 2 try go in local disk C user/name/appdata/local and right click packages and do security advanced and add my name with full control but i get access is denied 2020-05-29 (2).png so i don't know want to do

sorry for my spelling / grammar i know i bad at this

@BitterestFire46 said in How to Manually Uninstall PSO2:

@SmearyChunk75 i did this 1 try do change were new content is saved in my storage i wanted local disk E but can't keep getting error code 0x8007005. 2 try go in local disk C user/name/appdata/local and right click packages and do security advanced and add my name with full control but i get access is denied 2020-05-29 (2).png so i don't know want to do

sorry for my spelling / grammar i know i bad at this

Sorry bud, I can't help you there since the game is not installed in %Appdata% folder. The only way I know how to make the game install on another disk is the change in storage setting as shown at the bottom of the guide.

Thank you so much, I was really looking forward to playing tonight!! I was able to delete it and am reinstalling now. You rock. ❀

@SmearyChunk75 2020-05-29 (3).png ya this is why i doing appdate

I'm having trouble with deleting the WindowsApps folder (I had trouble with the data folder but deleted somehow). I did the change permisions to admin shown in the steps and givin the administrator full controll but it still gives me errors saying I can't access the folder or that "the device object parameter is either not valid.... or not attached to the volume specified". I also tried the command prompt way but it says it can't find the net path or it can't find the folder it's in (G:\Program Files).

ujiko;asegb'nil;asdvb.JPG