A method that could potentially fix/improvement stutter lag in the lobby for PC

@Leonkh99 said in A method that could potentially fix/improvement stutter lag in the lobby for PC:

MS Store apps default to your integrated GPU regardless what GPU you use for gaming, you need to set the GPU you use in the Windows 10 settings as you can see here:

And then there's people like me who have no integrated GPU and are still having this issue. So it's not just this as the problem.

@TrekkiesUnite said in A method that could potentially fix/improvement stutter lag in the lobby for PC:

@Leonkh99 said in A method that could potentially fix/improvement stutter lag in the lobby for PC:

MS Store apps default to your integrated GPU regardless what GPU you use for gaming, you need to set the GPU you use in the Windows 10 settings as you can see here:

And then there's people like me who have no integrated GPU and are still having this issue. So it's not just this as the problem.

This.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/gsn90o/workaround_fix_unbearable_lobby_lag/

Someone came up with this solution on Reddit. I'm testing it out on my side to see if it works, but apparently a lot of people have said that their stuttering significantly dropped or even went away even in full lobbies.

EDIT: Finally, a decent temporary fix until an official solution comes. The issue isn't caused by Gameguard, though. Reddit OP is wrong, it's caused by something else since you wouldn't be able to launch the game otherwise.

@ Leonkh99

Thank You!!!! You are awesome!!!

@Novaline said in A method that could potentially fix/improvement stutter lag in the lobby for PC:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/gsn90o/workaround_fix_unbearable_lobby_lag/

Someone came up with this solution on Reddit. I'm testing it out on my side to see if it works, but apparently a lot of people have said that their stuttering significantly dropped or even went away even in full lobbies.

EDIT: Finally, a decent temporary fix until an official solution comes. The issue isn't caused by Gameguard, though. Reddit OP is wrong, it's caused by something else since you wouldn't be able to launch the game otherwise.

It's working for me. Now I can stay at lobby

Concerts are not even watchable due to the horrible lobby performance. 2 FPS tops

I can also confirm this works. I had forgotten how much a piece of unoptimized crap the launcher is since I've been using the tweaker for JP over the last 7 years or so to launch the game. The official launcher is essentially a memory leak. Just keep in mind when the servers go down for maintenance you will need the official launcher or NA tweaker to patch up.

I can confirm it works like a charm! Reminder: If you downloaded the game onto another drive, there is a second programs file folder in said drive!

@Ash-Lv1 this 100% fixed my problem after applying those NVIDIA settings

@Zipzo @Dri4974 Not sure if you're still using forums or will see this since its been a year or so, but i had the same issue. if you have your background app fps set to 20, thats the reason. dont know why, but setting to 30 fixes it or at least for me. i wonder if its a dual monitor issue. i also noticed unplugging my 2nd monitor reduces cpu usage when im at 165 fps. if i have 2nd plugged in, its like pso2 reads my other monitors HZ instead of main lol.

@CHOC0B0 said in A method that could potentially fix/improvement stutter lag in the lobby for PC:

@Zipzo @Dri4974 Not sure if you're still using forums or will see this since its been a year or so, but i had the same issue. if you have your background app fps set to 20, thats the reason. dont know why, but setting to 30 fixes it or at least for me. i wonder if its a dual monitor issue. i also noticed unplugging my 2nd monitor reduces cpu usage when im at 165 fps. if i have 2nd plugged in, its like pso2 reads my other monitors HZ instead of main lol.

For the second monitor thing, that is a Windows issue. Typically, Windows uses the lowest refresh rate of the monitors connected to the computer for all monitors unless one monitor is disabled.