A method that could potentially fix/improvement stutter lag in the lobby for PC

Update: Someone in Reddit has posted a solution that seems to works. However, this method involves a lot more and can possibly break the game. Take it at your own risk.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/gsn90o/workaround_fix_unbearable_lobby_lag

Original Post: So I was playing around with Nvidia control panel because the game is blurry even in the highest setting, but then discovered this: In the Nvidia control panel, if you set Antialiasing - Mode to Override any application setting, and set Anisotropic filtering and Antialiasing filtering to a number, the game will no longer stutter freeze in the lobby. There are still lags, but on my end, the game no longer freezes up the computer entirely for 0.5-1s anymore.

Well, my method might not work, but at least improved the graphic, as the game does not even have AA option... lol.

Not everyone has an nvidia card.

@dustyjo said in A method that could potentially fix/improvement stutter lag in the lobby for PC:

Not everyone has an nvidia card.

Yeah, I know. But someone with AMD card mentioned it worked for him. However, I didn't say it here because I don't have access to an AMD card nor know the steps to set it, but I would assume it will be very similar to an Nvidia card.

This solution did nothing for me.

Much of the lobby lag seems to be happening server>client.

This is just an observation from voice chat where everyone is noticing the hiccups at the same time, which would not occur if a client-only issue. (There is no one saying it doesn't happen, and no one saying they've fixed it.)

This game only uses about 1GB RAM, and 20-25 CPU/GPU utilization at max settings, and nothing is showing stutter/spikes on utilization, simply FPS bottoming out randomly, only in greater than 8-12 player areas.

I messed around with some of the options through Adrenalin since I have an AMD card and I did notice an improvement in FPS for whatever reason. Its not perfect as it should be but there is less hitching. Forcing anti-aliasing makes the game look so much better as well. Its as if the game isnt even using it.

It's not just in the lobby. My missions are total syrup. I knew I was in trouble when the title/intro music stutters.

I believe for most people the issues are in the lobby though. Its for sure something software side, I am happy though that trying this fixed most of the problem.

@6The6Kid6 said in A method that could potentially fix/improvement stutter lag in the lobby for PC:

It's not just in the lobby. My missions are total syrup. I knew I was in trouble when the title/intro music stutters.

It sounds like your computer is using integrated graphics, then, or a faulty graphics driver. As long as you meet the minimum requirements, though, it shouldn't be stuttering at all on the intro.

@Ash-Lv1 Hi where can I find this Anti-Alisin mode in the Nvidia control panel?. I tried searching no such option. I am running on a GTX1080

@RakkaKaze8169 said in A method that could potentially fix/improvement stutter lag in the lobby for PC:

This is just an observation from voice chat where everyone is noticing the hiccups at the same time, which would not occur if a client-only issue. (There is no one saying it doesn't happen, and no one saying they've fixed it.)

This game only uses about 1GB RAM, and 20-25 CPU/GPU utilization at max settings, and nothing is showing stutter/spikes on utilization, simply FPS bottoming out randomly, only in greater than 8-12 player areas.

Just wanted to let you in on an observation I had.

I run 2 monitors and while it's stuttering in the main lobby on my first display with PSO2, I noticed that those moments seem to create system-wide input lag/stuttering.

For example if I'm typing in discord and it starts to stutter in PSO2 like it does, it actually slows down my typing and lags the input for the duration of the stutter.

My PC benchmarks the hell out of this game by a distant mile, so it shouldn't be happening at all, but clearly there are some optimization issues here.

@Zipzo said in A method that could potentially fix/improvement stutter lag in the lobby for PC:

@RakkaKaze8169 said in A method that could potentially fix/improvement stutter lag in the lobby for PC:

I run 2 monitors and while it's stuttering in the main lobby on my first display with PSO2, I noticed that those moments seem to create system-wide input lag/stuttering.

For example if I'm typing in discord and it starts to stutter in PSO2 like it does, it actually slows down my typing and lags the input for the duration of the stutter.

My PC benchmarks the hell out of this game by a distant mile, so it shouldn't be happening at all, but clearly there are some optimization issues here.

I can confirm this as well. The game is just super poorly optimized and not built to handle constant loading/reloading of player models. This isn't an issue with enemies at all, but rapid loading/deloading of player models fucks your entire system up.

@Dri4974 said in A method that could potentially fix/improvement stutter lag in the lobby for PC:

@Zipzo said in A method that could potentially fix/improvement stutter lag in the lobby for PC:

I can confirm this as well. The game is just super poorly optimized and not built to handle constant loading/reloading of player models. This isn't an issue with enemies at all, but rapid loading/deloading of player models fucks your entire system up.

Funny enough, on the JP server, I've never had dealt with stuttering at all unless the block I'm in is super full, and even then it is no where near as unplayable as it has been on NA.

Yeah, jumping back and forth between US and JP I'm not seeing the stuttering on JP at all. My guess is that it has something to do with the Xbox Live / Microsoft integration that's been tacked on.

MS Store apps default to your integrated GPU regardless what GPU you use for gaming, you need to set the GPU you use in the Windows 10 settings as you can see here:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg