Any official answers yet? YES! [Official reply inside]

Or is this all we get?

c3d16a54-f0ee-446c-b277-2e1656c0128e-image.png

GM fast reply, nice:

7067f07f-b060-4e55-a66f-cd40e9fe99b9-image.png

ec7e493f-8903-4b74-9d79-9f35dc49f07b-image.png

Nope. they`re just ignoring this since all the ships are almost full, so they can wait to fix this to have more people joining and crashing the servers.

We are working in the background on fixes and are discussing unilateral responses.

@GM-Deynger said in Any official answers yet?:

We are working in the background on fixes and are discussing unilateral responses.

Awesome, that's awesome. Thanks a lot. I'll pin this on the main post.

@Shirokami07 said in Any official answers yet?:

I can't tell if that's sarcasm, but if so, I'm sorry but that's all I've got at the moment. 😞

I truly hope the development staff is doing something about the computer breaking installation. Like soon.

@Shirokami07 said in Any official answers yet?:

I can't tell if that's sarcasm, but if so, I'm sorry but that's all I've got at the moment. 😞

No no, sorry for the bad wording which caused the misunderstanding.

It's cool, thanks for the presence and fast reply!

I try to bounce around to threads as much as possible to let you all know your thoughts and concerns are being seen and passed along. It's the least I can do. 🙂

Isn't this kinda out of Sega's hand? The only thing you guys can do is open more ships. The main issues steam from Microsoft store tbh lol. Unless you guys can tell them to make it a standalone client or into the website, then... But thanks for this little bit of news, it's something.

@Rise said in Any official answers yet?:

Isn't this kinda out of Sega's hand? The only thing you guys can do is open more ships. The main issues steam from Microsoft store tbh lol. Unless you guys can tell them to make it a standalone client or into the website, then... But thanks for this little bit of news, it's something.

It's SEGA job to make sure it works properly on the MS store. MS can simply assist them if it's on their end.

omg.. finally some communication. Please let us know whether we can start playing, or to wait for server 4. Some of us would REALLY like a new server.

@PhantasyStar369 said in Any official answers yet?:

It's SEGA job to make sure it works properly on the MS store. MS can simply assist them if it's on their end.

But the reason that it doesn't work is how Microsoft Store decides to steal ownership and permission of files, not allowing the game to install, update and execute.

It's 100% a Microsoft Store generated problem.

@PhantasyStar369 said in Any official answers yet?:

I mean, yes, but not all of the issues are Sega's fault. Microsoft put a lot of money into this and made it a point to only be available on Xbox and the Microsoft Store. The Microsoft Store is like this for pretty much everything-- its awful. This not being able to access files and folders on your own computer: 100% Microsoft. Microsoft Store isn't as well known as other distribution platforms, but its infamous for anyone that has used it. That seems to be where a lot of the auto-deleting files seems to be coming from, or the incomplete downloads that are filling up people's hard drives.

The GM's who are doing their best with what they are "allowed" to talk about; I'm willing to bet that they work for Sega. If Microsoft is true to form, they are probably very specific about information that the GM's (who most likely work for Sega?) can give out publicly.

Then as far as the server issues, those are hosted by Microsoft. In Seattle. Which was hit damn hard by The Rona, and still has a lot of workplace restrictions and require limited people in work-spaces. It takes a surprising number of people to run a server like this, and if they have to do it with 25% of their workforce at a time, its my conjecture that they probably decided to only run three servers as a result.

I'm not some apologist for either company-- this an absolute dumpster fire. The issues people are having with their computers as a result of this, as well as the server capacity/stability is awful. But if the GM's are listening to us, I'd like to say two things.

First, blink twice if anything I said was accurate.

Second, in your reports, please see that it gets passed along that whoever's upper-level decision it was to launch half-cocked with limited resources, that this has made a lot of people angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

There is definitely communication needed between MS and Sega for some of these issues, which unfortunately adds to the time it takes for their resolution. And yes, if I know anything before you guys do and am authorized to say something I will.

Multiple reports are being put together as we speak. Some of your comments are being sent over as they are. So yes, you will be heard.

blink**blink

There is definitely communication needed between MS and Sega for some of these issues, which unfortunately adds to the time it takes for their resolution. And yes, if I know anything before you guys do and am authorized to say something I will.

Multiple reports are being put together as we speak. Some of your comments are being sent over as they are. So yes, you will be heard.

blink**blink

It could perhaps be a good idea to pin this thread up to get others to know we have official word that it's being worked on.

Thanks a lot Deynger.