Censoring in game ?

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Censoring in game ?:

@Gynaenaecology my primary confusion are those claiming that everyone waiting to play this game in NA is a "weeb" or anime fan.

Lots of people have been waiting since PSO in Gamecube/XBOX to play without dealing with the hassle if the JP servers.

PSO was a very tame game, it wasn't submerged in the anime culture. PSU started down that path,but I never got into it that much, it wasn't the same as PSO.

All that was just to say that assuming people wanting to play PSO2 are neck-deep in the anime culture is ludicrous at best due to the lack of inherent anime themes in PSO EP I & II.

While I don't necessarily disagree with your statement, the direction PSO2 has taken in terms of both presentation and storytelling -- both totally separate from the collabs mind you -- is incredibly, INCREDIBLY, anime and relies on a lot of done-to-death tropes. Now, PSO1? I can totally see more western interested people coming to it with no issue. PSU, little bit of weeb, little bit of westerns. PSO2? Not gonna say everyone who wants to play it is a huge weeb, but I definitely think there's gonna be a very large weeb (and ironic weeb) fanbase compared to your average western-focused players.

@Gynaenaecology no doubt, when I first launched it in 2013 I was kinda awed by the anime-style cuts and scenes, but at the same time it can accomplish that feel without the less-desireable aspects of it as well.

I like good balances and have always enjoyed anime that doesn't appeal to heavily to the sexual themes that are very common in alternate reality style anime. It can be a huge culture shock to the uninitiated.

@John-Paul-RAGE Oh absolutely. Episode 4's double isekai nonsense made me flat out quit PSO2 and jump ship to Destiny for like 2 years. I think that's definitely gonna be the point that makes or breaks the game for a lot of people. Episode 6 going straight back to the highly unethical experiments and space drama that PSO2 started with however is a wonderful breath of fresh air after Episode 4 and the first half of Episode 5.

No spoilers, but the later half of Episode 5, as anime as it was, was soooooooooo freaking satisfying. It was unbelievably hype. I started off hating it and just loved it towards the end.

@Gynaenaecology We do not speak of episode 4...

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Censoring in game ?:

@Gynaenaecology no doubt, when I first launched it in 2013 I was kinda awed by the anime-style cuts and scenes, but at the same time it can accomplish that feel without the less-desireable aspects of it as well.

I like good balances and have always enjoyed anime that doesn't appeal to heavily to the sexual themes that are very common in alternate reality style anime. It can be a huge culture shock to the uninitiated.

Then pso2 is going to be a shock for you XD. Lol. It's not heavily fanservice but I mean a lot of the costumes are. Heck even when they host fan created costumes and art submissions some winners are.

@The-Question said in Censoring in game ?:

@Gynaenaecology We do not speak of episode 4...

Pffft lol that and the new opening are so anime its wild

@Meta77 I didn't think the costumes were too bad (mainly cause I am not a lobby-potato) honestly, and I played a robot so it was easy to ignore the aesthetics that I wasn't looking for. Cinematics are all I would be concerned about. Those are the only things you have to pay attention to as a user. We can always choose to ignore other people if we dont like their appearance.

@GM-Deynger said in Censoring in game ?:

@Z0DIAK-BRAVE said in Censoring in game ?:

For my fellow anti-censorship crew I made a respectable post in the suggestions forum. (o.o)b

Thank you!!!! These are the things that can be taken and shown to those in charge of such decisions.

I appreciate the response! I wanted there to be at least one post that might be professional enough for such a reason, so I did what I could.

PSU you could make your character small. I don't see the harm.

@Akakomuma said in Censoring in game ?:

But did they release thong level bikini's that barely cover bottom AND top? That is the issue regarding height. Have that on child like characters and a quick way to get a bad rep.

@GamerKillance said in Censoring in game ?:

But did they release thong level bikini's that barely cover bottom AND top? That is the issue regarding height. Have that on child like characters and a quick way to get a bad rep.

Hasn't got a bad rep in japan. Not saying i do that to my characters but no one till the beta has ever brought it up

A character's height has nothing to do with their age. Just because you perceive all short people as children doesn't make it so.

@Meta77 said in Censoring in game ?:

Hasn't got a bad rep in japan. Not saying i do that to my characters but no one till the beta has ever brought it up

Japan culture is very backwards in terms of that. They sexualize school girls all the time over there. The idea of doing that in the west is blasphemy.

@CFR said in Censoring in game ?:

A character's height has nothing to do with their age. Just because you perceive all short people as children doesn't make it so.

People literally make them look as young and as small as possible. The short people excuse doesn't really fly since Japan openly make them look extremely young and admits to them being young.

It's fire emblem all over again by making barely dressed little girl dragons who are "1000" years old.

So anytime a young character is in a game it's bad? I've played fire emblem recently as I'm new overall to it but never seen any short character treated that way

People literally make them look as young and as small as possible.

Again, a small person doesn't automatically make them young. A person with a young appearance isn't always as young as they look. I know many people who even now look like they're in high school well into their 30's and even I looked about 16 until my mid 20's. You can't assume someone's age based on appearance. The only one here I see making the characters out to be children is you. There's no way to make them look any older or younger. The face is just the same face no matter what.

And yes, that does mean that characters that look young but are 1000 years old, really are just young looking old people. More importantly, they're not real. None of this is real, so don't get offended, and just ignore it if it bothers you so much.