Censoring in game ?

If I was ever going to give sega grief on something it be the state of sonic games. Pso far from it.

After playing the JP pso2 servers recently it is a bit disturbing to see child like made characters in straight up bikini thong costumes.

And yes they are literal size of 3rd-6th grade students with no chests. That is straight up pedophilia. Or at least damn close to it.

The only bad thing about the height slider "censorship" imo is that they didn't also increase the max height so that people can make taller characters too.

Well hopefully they go bankrupt for promotion of such a thing. And anyone using said character better have the cops called right now. Culture differences I guess cause in the 8 years the games been out none of that has ever come up as an issue till the NA beta. Regardless I don't have a character that small so I shrug laugh and try to manage my weapon badges

@Meta77 said in Censoring in game ?:

Well hopefully Sega JP goes bankrupt for promotion of such a thing. And anyone using said character better have the cops called right now. Culture differences I guess cause in the 8 years the games been out none of that has ever come up as an issue till the NA beta. Regardless I don't have a character that small so I shrug laugh and try to manage my weapon badges

I mean I think it's kind of lame that people who wanted to make their character on the NA release aren't necessarily able to do so now, irregardless of my thoughts on the kinds of character they'd want to make or how inoffensive I personally feel the censorship is. If it were the other way around, and I weren't able to make a tall as all hell CAST i'd be pretty miffed. I can't entirely in good faith mock them.

I dont think asking for a main company to get bankrupt and die would help this game to be localized. Even if it may be a disagreement on the ideal of business practice.

Rather, you should just post in suggestions to ask them to remove censorship than wish for them to get bankrupt. Especially when this is their forum trying to make this game work for the fans.

@Gynaenaecology true. My cast is heck of tall and it's funny after big EQs in the win screen when I tower over tiny players. Especially if they are in rappy suits lol

@Meta77 said in Censoring in game ?:

@Gynaenaecology true. My cast is heck of tall and it's funny after big EQs in the win screen when I tower over tiny players. Especially if they are in rappy suits lol

I want my CAST and human to tower over the manlets and womanlets.

@LapisWave the joke went way over your head on that one buddy. I do not care what the NA version does. Like rappy gm said atm it's all smoke. And if they do censor it that is fine.thats the joy of having a jp account and a na account. Best of both worlds.

@LapisWave said in Censoring in game ?:

I dont think asking for a main company to get bankrupt and die would help this game to be localized. Even if it may be a disagreement on the ideal of business practice.

Rather, you should just post in suggestions to ask them to remove censorship than wish for them to get bankrupt. Especially when this is their forum trying to make this game work for the fans.

Censorship happens when a company doesn't want to be tied with known issues. Pedophilia is one of them and Japan has a reputation of sexualizing little girls and boys.

@Meta77 I'll say that joke is really hard to tell by the way it is written, considering how this thread has been heated up for a while.

Even if the height limit is censored, it isnt so much of a big deal for me either. I think friends who had been expecting NA version are excited enough that it is coming soon.

Honestly at this point I really feel like the issue is just so blown out of proportion. People are speculating and then using said speculation as confirmation that something will happen to "censor" the game and then speculating from THAT that the game is doomed to fail or something. It's just ridiculous. The amount of people who would be so fed up with a height slider that they refuse to play it are minimal, if at all, the only sizeable portion would be people who object to this on some kind of moral ground against "censorship" and even they're not even a fraction of the playerbase.

It's like, what's someone gonna ask themselves about this? "Hmm, game I've been waiting for for 8 years, oooooooooooor, I skip it because a height slider was limited." IDK about you but 99% of potential customers are just gonna play the game. It's going to be pretty hard to convince your average dudebro or average anime fan to give a shit that your character can't be <5 feet or look like they're 12.

Sega NA and Sega jp are still the same company. It's not about being tied to issues it's about people that like jumping at things no one else is. Kind of like the recent troubles my hero Academia has atm

@Gynaenaecology my primary confusion are those claiming that everyone waiting to play this game in NA is a "weeb" or anime fan.

Lots of people have been waiting since PSO in Gamecube/XBOX to play without dealing with the hassle if the JP servers.

PSO was a very tame game, it wasn't submerged in the anime culture. PSU started down that path,but I never got into it that much, it wasn't the same as PSO.

All that was just to say that assuming people wanting to play PSO2 are neck-deep in the anime culture is ludicrous at best due to the lack of inherent anime themes in PSO EP I & II.

@Gynaenaecology said in Censoring in game ?:

Honestly at this point I really feel like the issue is just so blown out of proportion. People are speculating and then using said speculation as confirmation that something will happen to "censor" the game and then speculating from THAT that the game is doomed to fail or something. It's just ridiculous. The amount of people who would be so fed up with a height slider that they refuse to play it are minimal, if at all, the only sizeable portion would be people who object to this on some kind of moral ground against "censorship" and even they're not even a fraction of the playerbase.

It's like, what's someone gonna ask themselves about this? "Hmm, game I've been waiting for for 8 years, oooooooooooor, I skip it because a height slider was limited." IDK about you but 99% of potential customers are just gonna play the game. It's going to be pretty hard to convince your average dudebro or average anime fan to give a shit that your character can't be <5 feet or look like they're 12.

Pretty much. People will still play it. And for us vets we have or Japanese accounts if certain things come out that we wont get stateside. So in the end only new players would really be affected IF anything was removed