Censoring in game ?

@The-Question said in Censorship is NOT needed in this M rated game.:

@Alexandrious947 said in Censorship is NOT needed in this M rated game.:

@The-Question

Yea no. Censorship is fine long as it keeps money flowing from the parents of children playing this credit cards and we keep getting the same gameplay content.

Like I said. Dont like it? Get the game on PC.

Be happy we get it at all.

Thats MY suggestion. Its honestly a good and logical one. Why? Because it works. Since 99 percent of games with censorship, will not budge no matter how much you complain.

/golfclap

Got em.

Thank you for adding more posts to the removal censorship suggestion thread. As for YOUR suggestion. You should make your own thread and state how you feel about keeping any censorship that you like. But if you want to support this thread so much. Please continue to post here for us.

You realize soon as the mods take notice of this, they will lock it and refer everyone to the existing thread on the same subject matter right? You must be new to how mmos as a business and the internet works.

If you dont like the censorship. Play it on PC and mod whatever you want in later. Sorry but Sega and Microsoft wants mommy and daddy's sweet sweet moolah. If John and Jane sees little Timmy running around in a string bikini fighting Darkers, they will pull the plug, and put him back on Fortnite.

Cmon now....

@GM-Deynger said in Censoring in game ?:

At this point he's fine and entitled to his opinion. I'll just reiterate that the disclaimer before log in of the CBT said that what you were viewing was NOT the final game version and that things may change.

I am just gonna slide 2nd GM post since Deynger said it the second time. Nothing was set in store and nothing is fully confirmed. I am not sure why everyone is being heated up and being political while pointing fingers and talking about previous licensed game like PSU. Because I am guarantee you, that the employees from back then and now are completely different story, and they have not given a final word about whether they censored it due to pedophilia or what not.

The thread is getting silly and it's getting nonsensical accusation at this point when the discussion is about height sliders being limited during CBT, and GM Deynger have answered it -twice- that the game was not final version and it may change. So why are people start making assumptions and accusing the developers about censoring is beyond me.

It is Rated M, yes. But also if GM said it's not final, then it's not final. If they actually gave final word saying "This is limited because of XYZ reason", then it'd make sense that so called SJW talk rant would take in place.

So can we just go back to the original discussion why height sliders need to be like JP due to gameplay functionality and also to make it similar to JP version since that was what is promised by Twitter play_pso2?

@LapisWave agreed we kinda got off track for a few posts.. let's keep this discussion going in the right direction

Also we will have to see but again why limit the height in beta if it wasn't intended as a "final release". Maybe that's why they passed out those free salon passes? Who knows.

Keep in mind we basically downloaded the whole game in beta. So maybe open beta they will unlock more ? I plan to play on PC anyway xbox one x just isn't doing it for me.. 🤷♂

Assuming OBT will have similar rewards like CBT players, I am expecting that. While CBT gets different reward this time when they log into OBT.

though Free Salon Pass is assuming to be given to anyone that logs in, lmao. I'd also appreciate color pass too.

I honestly would not have assumed that low height would make gameplay a lot of difference with hitboxes.

@LapisWave At this point discussion is just for the sake of discussion between parties. The suggestions/feedback section is the best place to voice your concerns to the GMs directly, but most importantly imo this discussion should be here so the devs can also gauge how players will engage with the "censorship" and so on.

@Gynaenaecology said in Censoring in game ?:

@LapisWave At this point discussion is just for the sake of discussion between parties. The suggestions/feedback section is the best place to voice your concerns to the GMs directly, but most importantly imo this discussion should be here so the devs can also gauge how players will engage with the "censorship" and so on.

While I may agree with your statement, and while I do not mind about comparing other MMORPGs/Games in regards to censorship - I would like to say that the discussion with people instigating others and trying to flame the thread is not going to help people to get their height sliders, but it'll later come down to GMs wanting to close down the thread because I am pretty sure there will be more than several people would flag the thread.

To me, while I may not be a fan of censorship - but if it occurs, I'll still play the game as I've stated before. I'd probably be supporting the Symbol Arts being censored by people reporting it because there are times I may not want to see people drawing nasty or offensive stuffs such as hate speech/symbol or even genitalia exposure.

As for the game itself, outfit designs are not that offensive to my view. If anything, should players abuse accessory customization to a point to make similar hate symbol/speech should be censored and be banned.

For other MMORPGs that are worn in lewd outfits for small sized characters: Such as Elin from Tera, Lyn from Blade and Soul or even Lalafell from Final Fantasy XIV, I've seen them wear bikinis.

It's also a news to me that hit boxes mattered for PSO2 in JP version even though I've played it for so long. I always played like 160-170 size, and never realized about this. So it's quite fascinating subject to me.

For censorship, I can agree that not all freedom of speech should be allowed even if it's Rated M - and that applies to hate speech/symbol expressions.

@LapisWave said in Censoring in game ?:

Assuming OBT will have similar rewards like CBT players, I am expecting that. While CBT gets different reward this time when they log into OBT.

though Free Salon Pass is assuming to be given to anyone that logs in, lmao. I'd also appreciate color pass too.

I honestly would not have assumed that low height would make gameplay a lot of difference with hitboxes.

Oh you know we need that color change pass.. lol I'll take a free one no problem

Yes, we know a lot of adult males want to run around with female teenager looking characters dressed sexy. Not sure why there is that kind of obsession, but hmmm ok.

@Toy-Soldier-Ken said in Censoring in game ?:

Yes, we know a lot of adult males want to run around with female teenager looking characters dressed sexy. Not sure why there is that kind of obsession, but hmmm ok.

LOL Is this going to be like the Old Undead Labs forums?

@The-Question

Yea no. Censorship is fine long as it keeps money flowing from the parents of children playing this credit cards and we keep getting the same gameplay content.

Like I said. Dont like it? Get the game on PC.

Be happy we get it at all.

Thats MY suggestion. Its honestly a good and logical one. Why? Because it works. Since 99 percent of games with censorship, will not budge no matter how much you complain.

/golfclap

Got em.

Thank you for adding more posts to the removal censorship suggestion thread. As for YOUR suggestion. You should make your own thread and state how you feel about keeping any censorship that you like. But if you want to support this thread so much. Please continue to post here for us.

You realize soon as the mods take notice of this, they will lock it and refer everyone to the existing thread on the same subject matter right? You must be new to how mmos as a business and the internet works.

If you dont like the censorship. Play it on PC and mod whatever you want in later. Sorry but Sega and Microsoft wants mommy and daddy's sweet sweet moolah. If John and Jane sees little Timmy running around in a string bikini fighting Darkers, they will pull the plug, and put him back on Fortnite.

Cmon now....

As stated from above post about the rules. It was also @GM-Deynger Who in the thread you speak of who told us to make these suggestion threads. Make threads, not spam them.

You think only the ones who want censorship removed mainly those who want lolis in teeny bikinis, and console players would be posting here?

The censorship is both a cultural thing of the NA version, as well as a business decision. Cuz in the end they know, I know, and you yourself know it, that you are still gonna play the game, you are still gonna buy cosmetics, you are still gonna put money into it, and in the end if your a console player, your gonna get a cheap pc that can run this at 60 frames and just mod in all the uncensored stuff japan has anyway, and yes, they know you will. So why risk losing the big cash cow which is John and Janes credit cards to appease the few?

Trust me, seen this all before. It wont change. If they wanna censor height, chest sizes and alot of the raunchy costumes, they gonna do it if they believe it will attract the majority.

@CodeBreaker-V1 Then quit complaining. Mod in what you want once creators figure it out.

@Alexandrious947 An interesting premise, can you cite five examples of this?

@Gynaenaecology To which? Inexperienced Moderator moved my posts here from another thread when he should have just deleted them.

I would not say the moderator is inexperienced just because they moved your post in this thread. All they did was respect your opinions and asked you nicely to continue discussing your disagreements with others in an appropriate thread when you should have been doing that, instead of digressing and flaming in a suggestion section of the forum when the rules were stated in the pinned section.

That's not being an inexperienced moderator. That's just being really generous and being respectful. Yes, they could have deleted it and give you a warning from trying to be disrespectful to others for having different opinion to yours. But they didn't because they are being nice.

Y'all are missing the point. If you're okay with censorship great, good for you, you don't have to post since you're okay with whatever you get since you don't know JP or don't care. FINE. That said, most people arguing here REALIZE this is the tip of the iceberg. People are going to post anti-censorship of any kind because we can see how this will go down. Localization teams across every game that come west from Japan consistently spend more time changing dialogue and costumes than being faithful to the originals and valuing the original dev's plot and dialogue. NA is going to get a watered down, half-baked, and uninspired server while JP gets two updates a month in an 8 year old game, maintenance every week with live bug fixes, and recently just had it's lifespan extended past 2020 into the 2024 range.. If you think NA is getting any of that kind of care at first, you are a fool. The game has to make money first proving that it's worth it to bring on a larger team and then map where it can go from there. NA wont get/launch with any licensed collab (which includes stages and bosses too), PSO2es, Idola, or any other companion app, so the advertising is going to be relatively low. They make these "censorship" changes so they can save face, but you have to know the difference between a good middle-ground and a quick fix. Banning and IP blocking players that break ToS is a much better solution than giving up what little content they have to work with. The game might be 70 GB, but it's all uncompressed files and audio/mov tracks. Content wise, PSO2 on JP has less or equal to the amount of content PSO: Blue Burst has.

You can say, we don't know, or who cares... but that's really nonconstructive and really nobody cares if that's all you have to say. JRPG fans know, because it happens to EVERY GAME that comes west in one form or another, and I understand that in some regions the issue is depictions of violence against children, so IT'S not even pedophilia that's the issue. It's politics.... I've already seen bad translations from CBT that were far from what the characters said in Japanese, and most of these revolved around younger looking characters and changed dark things they had gone thru into something completely irrelevant or some cutesy saying.. I don't mind the altered character height since I play a 191cm space elf, but to not want to voice an opinion against censorship allows companies to get complacent and rush shitty localizations. Nothing against MS, this is a general thing, and a lot of us hope companies actually start taking notes from MS because their localizations, while few, have been great. You still gotta throw a hissy fit, even if the normies call you pedo. Just respond with facts, because honestly, this was never about sexualizing children but violence against. Only people with serious mental issues can think about kids like that, and if you don't have the mental fortitude to not pay attention to something you don't like in an online game... Boy, IDK what to tell you... If it goes against ToS, by all means, report it..

but censorship is bad because we get characters saying dumb shit like "Tee Hee UGU" instead of the dark thing they initially said, and I'm sorry I can't remember exact examples because I blocked it out of my mind due to cringe-factor. There were 2 tho, I think it was Tea/Pati and Lisa.. and I just had to remind myself that it's just a game. M-rated game tho.

/Wall of text

EDIT: Do M-rated games show up on the store if you have parental controls enabled?